Other Which mobile connection from BSNL? How to port number?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

So i been using my BSNL for few years now. Need to change this to another one.

Requirements:

1. Great network coverage. Atleast in Karnataka & Kerala
2. Good Data plans. 3G or 2G. Low call rates
3. International roaming. Calls & Texts both
4. prefer prepaid as usual.

And I want to retain my existing number. Possible? How to do that?

Thanks.
m-J[DOUBLEPOST=1378607848][/DOUBLEPOST]Any help?

Last edited:
Well if you need all India coverage along with 3G coverage the only option is BSNL. If you are facing any network issues with BSNL you should visit their Mobile Section in your city and tell them and they definitely try to increase the coverage. Its not the old times when you had to visit multiple times. Today if you visit once and register a complaint its usually solved within a couple of days. Give it a try before porting to any other company.

Sorry I forgot to mention a few points :
For best call rates and low data rates again BSNL has the best plans.
For international roaming as is with any Prepaid its not pre-activated. You need to give an application that you want international roaming and the duration for which you want it and its activated. But for international roaming usually its best to get a temporary sim in the country you go to as that works out cheaper and incoming is free / low rate while if you have international roaming then the charges by any company are exorbitant.

I do get a sim when i go there. When I return also I can use that in transit. Now that I know where I am going next time, I will recharge and take it with me. That is all fine.

I just want a backup. BSNL has a international roaming for prepaid?? U sure?

AFAIK, bsnl prepaid doesn't have international roaming... Also BSNL is no longer cheaper :( At least in bangalore, AIRCEL is lot cheaper. For 209 recharge, you will get unlimited 3G(3.6mbps till 500Mb, after that 128 kbps). daily 100 sms (local/std), daily 100 aircel to aircel local mins, 400 mins/month for other local calls and 100 mins STD/month.
Other than this, vodafone seems to be cheaper with some rate cutter recharges..

I don't have much idea... But for my purpose aircel seems to be good and I'm happy with that:) aircel coverage in Bangalore is good, best 3G coverage, very cheap. Same good coverage in Tamil Nadu(I'm from here) as well...

Since your usage is in Kerala also, bsnl seems to be better...

so the last time i visited Karnataka( about 2 months back ) i had a docomo connection and it worked flawlessly even on 2g the data speeds were great that being said now that im back to Mumbai i had my number ported to Vodafone.
docomo network and data connection is pathetic here. were i stay & Vodafone is reliable hence the jump
so the key is actually asking your friends who stay nearby and then choose

I do get a sim when i go there. When I return also I can use that in transit. Now that I know where I am going next time, I will recharge and take it with me. That is all fine.

I just want a backup. BSNL has a international roaming for prepaid?? U sure?
Yes BSNL Prepaid also has international roaming but that is not preactivated. There is a long procedure to be followed, but given the call rates (incoming + outgoing) I suggested that for international roaming, best is to get a local sim from any country. If you travel a lot then you can get prepaid cards directly from India for roaming.
Secondly I suggested BSNL because he also needs national roaming on 3G. Now there is only one operator in the country that offers PAN India 3G roaming.

In January 2013 when i asked about international roaming, BSNL(Karnataka) asked me to migrate to postpaid as they dont have international roaming for prepaid customers...

Get Airtel in karnataka. Coverage is good.

Vodafone does not have 3G anymore. Aircel calls drops are high and the same with Docomo.

In karnataka which one got the best 3g plans? And atleast have some sort of data connection 2g or 3g in kerala under among also?

Or any unlimited plans from anyone around 256Kbps?? just for browsing..mails...facebooking etc

Back