Android Which Phone to get after HTC One???

why did you buy a phone with a 4Mp camera, in the first place?
also, very honestly, your thread title should be changed to reflect your needs, and not highlight the fact that you bought the HTC one earlier, you can mention the HTC One was not up to the mark in your camera needs from a phone...

the best camera still is the iphone IMO.... unless you go for the more camera less phone types Nokia 41Mp phones etc.

if you have nothing against iOS , wait for the 5s and pick it up!!
See the difference between iphone 5s vs xperia Z1, Photo Video

or the difference between iphone 5 vs xperia Z Photo Video

Could only view this on a 720p screen, 1080p is advised.

Did you see much difference ? Colour seems more warm on iphone but in terms of detail its very close.

Though the Z1 would beat the iphone in low light or full zooms so better cropping possible with Z1 because of larger sensor. But otherwise its very tight.

The point of that shootout is when the operator is competent, employing touch to focus & using metering correctly, then the result between phones and competition of the same period is going to be small.

Most of the camera shoot out reviews i see are all in auto mode. People expect perfect pictures with one click but you cannot get this even with a dedicated DSLR. Auto is only good 50% of the time. It takes knowledge of how light works & planning to get a good shot with any camera. When people say so and so camera is not good, unless they got a faulty unit i'm more likely to think operator error.

My thought is the HTC one could have produced better pics that what the OP has shown.

Last edited:
i have htc one and i agree its got a terrible camera for most part except for low light which is comparable to the z1 that my younger brother recently acquired. speaking about z1 its almost perfect phone. great built quality gr8 looks water resistant! and a fabulous camera, the only (and most important for me) thing it lacks is good sound quality, i mean its terrible! the on-speaker quality i can bear and i understand cause of the water resistance and all but the muddiness past the mid volume levels is pretty poor and shocking for a high end other wise state of the art phone! so if u can compromise on the in-ear sound, z1 is ur man, i mean ur device ;)

A poor workman blames his tools ?
these r just phones, we don't need to argue or fight over it, it was just my opinion and i don't think ur idiom is apt for this situation buddy, in a phone's camera there aren't many tweaks that u can do despite cilcking. though this reminds me of the time when i was a fan boy.....

If you want low light pics, check out lumia 925 or 1020.. The other day I saw a guy comparing pics from Sony z1 and lg g2, the g2 displayed better pics than z1 in indoor snaps.. Am not sure of the reasons though

these r just phones, we don't need to argue or fight over it, it was just my opinion and i don't think ur idiom is apt for this situation buddy, in a phone's camera there aren't many tweaks that u can do despite cilcking.
metering, iso, exposure going upto +/-2 f-stops, scene modes controlling shutter speeds, white balance.

What time of day to take a photo, where/how to get the best light for a photo. Guarding against flaring.

Flash one or off, with or without diffusing.

Just see the tweaks that can be done with a HTC desire from 3 years ago.

though this reminds me of the time when i was a fan boy.....
You misunderstood my intent. I see people comparing cameras of models and the differences are minute and they say this or that is a better or worse camera. How much have these people tried to get to know the camera in the first place and picked the scene, planned and worked to get a better photo. Not many. They expect camera to do everything.

Back