Car & Bike Which small car ?

ranjan2001 said:
Vista does not have ABS/airbags but on Indian Roads do we need ABS when we cant driver over 100-120kms on any Indian highway.

ABS is effective even if you drive at 40km/hr as if you brake hard enough, the wheels will lock up even from low speeds like that. These are lame reasons for not getting a car with ABS/Airbags.

greenhorn said:
indica v2 DLX was available with airbags and ABS at one point ( and yes, it was cheaper than the vista quadrajet) . the DLG and DLX versions have been discontinued now that the vista has been launched, hence the info is not there any more now.

what it looked like

it was made available as a feature developed for their euro spec cityrover. they are still working on abs/airbags for the export version for the vista , and once that is launched , it should be available here too i guess. the average indian buyer doesnt give a hoot about it, and tata knows this , and hence their launch here without it

ah, now it makes sense. many thanks.

200mph said:
switch take the vista fits perfectly in the budget , lots of space. and gr8 mileage and since the engine is not theirs its even better. i have it and can vouch for it :p

post some pics of your car naa...

greenhorn said:
1st gen octavias are great cars and built like tanks, right up to 90k kms, after which the old timers statement kicks in :p

I beg to differ.150K done here,no major expenses till date except for routine service. ;)

Get the fiesta if you enjoy driving, plus with the offer currently on it's also great vfm.

based on greeny and czars comments seems like the Ford dealers down south are really bad, but you should ask someone from your part of town to know about their experience with the local Ford dealers

regular maintenence is okay with ford. its only when somthing conks out that the spare part prices and labour come as a killer combo. provided your car doesnt give you any trouble, life shouldnt be too hard. and they're great drivers cars :)

I've heard Ford maintenance has been a nightmare with the Ikon mostly due to the non-localisation of parts (sort of like the Baleno).

Whereas i've been told that the Fiesta has much better localisation and as a result cheaper spares. So is the Fiesta really expensive or are people carrying on the stigma from the earlier Ikon experience?

This might sound low key, but give the new Indica quadrajet a try, its comfortable & mileage is good. Also, one won't have to worry about Fiat's ASS.

Anyway Swift diesel is best in category.

teche said:
This might sound low key, but give the new Indica quadrajet a try, its comfortable & mileage is good. Also, one won't have to worry about Fiat's ASS.

Anyway Swift diesel is best in category.

Well,FIAT is definitely addressing the A.S.S problem !!!

Spares are a bit cheaper too..

Read about it in the latest AUTOCAR issue..

thetoxicmind said:
Well,FIAT is definitely addressing the A.S.S problem !!!
Spares are a bit cheaper too..

Read about it in the latest AUTOCAR issue..

Good for Fiat, but it still has to go a long way in order to be able to start competing with the best.
Even the frequent delays in launching Linea are not good indicators.
On the ground, work will take lot of time , energy & persistence. Diverting its energies to useless launches like 500/Bravo, won't help either.

TD'ed the Vista Quadrajet today and I must say I was IMPRESSED!

Excellent power delivery, interiors were good for a car in that segment and overall solidly built and felt very firm.

The female claimed figures of 20kmph but I'm not sure. Handling was a little fluffy at speeds over 80k but good turning radius.

Low of features though, but I think the great engine should make up for it.

^ Yeah the clutch is a little too close to the left, so your left leg is perenially touching the centre console. Could be an issue for people with broader legs but I didn't find anything uncomfortable as such, seems pretty okay to me.

Oh and the AC is pretty bad, 6/10 for me. Comparing is to a WagonR, nothing high end.

Anish said:
^ Yeah the clutch is a little too close to the left, so your left leg is perenially touching the centre console. Could be an issue for people with broader legs but I didn't find anything uncomfortable as such, seems pretty okay to me.

seems to be an inherent indica trait :lol:

given that the car doesnt have a dead pedal, and the awkward positioning, at least there is a place to let your leg lean against :bleh:

guys... swift diesel has a fiat engine in it.. so choosing between the swift diesel or the palio diesel is the same... just the price difference and the company name diff... only thing is that the swift will give better pick-up as it is a lighter car and palio will be more manuverable...

i own the petrol versions of both swift and palio... after driving the palio, i fell swift is a bloody go-kart... absolutely no controls whatsoever... would never recommend anyone to buy a swift...

as for the new palio stile, it was a very nice car...

1.3L Diesel Multijet - 3.6 to 3.8 Lakh 75 PS (DIN) @ 4000 rpm

1.6 Petrol - 3.99 to 4.2 Lakh 100 PS @ 5500 rpm (both exluding taxes)

Claimed by the company.. will be like 5 to 10 hp less in both...

Check The Link..

Fiat India

Back