Which STB is good?

I would like to know which setuptop box is good Tatasky, Dishnet, or Bhawanihathway? If any other is far more better then do let me know along with the rates and charges of all of it. Also I want to make sure whatever you suggest it should work for the long term and not a short term.

Bcoz I have heard settop boxes fail after a period of time and the customer has to get a new one after every 3 or 4 yrs which would be of no use. So I would need a good suggestion based as per your experience. I am located in Sion Area Mumbai.

You can either get a STB from your local cable operator with a direct Coax connection or you can go with satellite TV(DTH)
And if decide to go with Satellite TV(DTH) then i would suggest Videocon D2H,its cheaper than the other options available to you out there

Been using Videocon D2H for almost 2 months now and it was a right decision to ditch cable STB's which are of really low built quality(At least mine was)

You can either get a STB from your local cable operator with a direct Coax connection or you can go with satellite TV(DTH)And if decide to go with Satellite TV(DTH) then i would suggest Videocon D2H,its cheaper than the other options available to you out thereBeen using Videocon D2H for almost 2 months now and it was a right decision to ditch cable STB's which are of really low built quality(At least mine was)
same here. i get all HD channels in gold HD pack of 323/pm.except bbc entertainment nothing is a miss.

same here. i get all HD channels in gold HD pack of 323/pm.except bbc entertainment nothing is a miss.

I guess,BBC Entertainment won't be missed much :p
Currently on Platinum HD which i got free for the first month and its been amazing,superb picture quality

As far as the CC is concern,they have been top notch
I got D2H installed withing 4hrs of ordering it online and that too on a sunday which was pretty fast
Bang for the buck,i would say

Can anybody explain Videocon HD support in New Delhi area ?

Also what would be total cost of setup + rental ?

I really have no idea about the Delhi support since i'm from mumbai
But you can have a look at their website here : D2H Satellite | DTH Connestion |Digital TV Offers | DTH Satellite Box - Videocon d2h

There are separate plans and packages for South India so you will be looking at ROI Packages(Rest of India)
This is what i paid,Rs 2890 for HD STB Non-DVR which includes Installation and Setup free + 1 Month Platinum HD Pack + Rs 400 Cashback

I guess,BBC Entertainment won't be missed much :p
Currently on Platinum HD which i got free for the first month and its been amazing,superb picture quality

As far as the CC is concern,they have been top notch
I got D2H installed withing 4hrs of ordering it online and that too on a sunday which was pretty fast
Bang for the buck,i would say

me too did an online booking.

now in my account details it mentions balance of 865 bucks.

first month has the platinum HD pack activated.

so how does the choosing of pack after a month and recharging does take place?

DTH noob here.

me too did an online booking.

now in my account details it mentions balance of 865 bucks.

first month has the platinum HD pack activated.

so how does the choosing of pack after a month and recharging does take place?

DTH noob here.

Well,i have the same balance in my account
Either you can login in to their website via the customer ID you might have got in your email / SMS or call the CC to change the package

Yup!! I have almost every channel available out there some of which are completely useless,like the religional channels :banghead:

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk 2

I just want only these channels and nothing else. Could you tell me how much would be the cost for me per month? Also let me know total how much do I have to pay for the first time. Also since I have a 32 inches plasma LG TV, so which one I should purchase the HD one or the normal one. Please let me know and also let me know how is their service. Do I get a discount for everything or anything that I purchase of HD or anything as such? I just want to pay the minimal cost as I am not a bigshot or anything as such.

General Entertainment
Hindi Movies
Hindi News
Infotainment & Lifestyle
Music
English Movies / GEC
English Universe
Adventure Ulitmate

Also I would like to know everyone, is there anyone here who has installed a settop box from past 2-3 yrs and is not facing any kinda issues please let me know guys. I have heard that in rains there are too many problems.

How is the Hd Quality of sports Channel
Any one from Mumbai using Videocon Hd Can share Some Info
Planning to install One

- - - Updated - - -

I really have no idea about the Delhi support since i'm from mumbai
But you can have a look at their website here : D2H Satellite | DTH Connestion |Digital TV Offers | DTH Satellite Box - Videocon d2h

There are separate plans and packages for South India so you will be looking at ROI Packages(Rest of India)
This is what i paid,Rs 2890 for HD STB Non-DVR which includes Installation and Setup free + 1 Month Platinum HD Pack + Rs 400 Cashback

How is the Hd quality

How is the Hd Quality of sports Channel
Any one from Mumbai using Videocon Hd Can share Some Info
Planning to install One

- - - Updated - - -

How is the Hd quality

I have a 32" LG LCD TV in my bedroom where i have hooked up the D2H and it's amazing
Sports is a joy to watch on HD plus the other HD channel quality is really good

I just received a call from Videocon and they said to make the payment first directly on the call. As soon as I picked up the phone, they told me do you want connection I said yes. Ok Make the payment first and our man will do the installation in 72 hrs. So I asked them what about explanation of your service and all. First please do the payment. After the installation is done demo person will show you the demo.

This is the reply/service I received before applying for Videocon DTH.

Just want to share my recent experience.

I made an initial call for clarifying certain points but was bluntly told that they can't provide any info without the connection being ordered/booked.

Ordered a new HD connection online on 26.10.12 and was told that it'll take maximum 48 hours to get installed and that they're working on Sundays as well.
I called up the CC number today to inquire about the status and was told that they can't provide this info and gave me some other number.

So, I called this number and was told that it'll get installed today and then the guy just dropped the phone!
I was like WTF!
I had some more queries.

Anyway, it has not been done today.

Back