CPU/Mobo Who is Best AMD Phenom-II vs INTEL i5/i7 vs AMD APU vs Sandy Bridge plz help

I wasn't pointing at the bugginess that was to be expected tbh I mean its something pretty different the fusion with cpu and gpu ..... dont think anyone can pull it off first time without slight bugs.

Its just that even AT think these should be priced a little lower otherwise it seems AMD is competing with their own X2 series. AT also recommends X2 with a card over this because of the price.

MY post got deleted :mad: :mad: AGH!!

Buy a 990FX mobo -- they;'re the top end for AMD .. and future proof!!

But a cheapo athlon x2 250 and oc it a bit .. thats for 2.5K !!!
It'll givbe you i3 performance!!

for the next two months ,.. cool it ..
Buy BD after 2-3 months when the prices normalize... 6-8 cores ... at i7's 4 cores... for less..

Win in my books! ^^

This config.. INCLUDING the interim processor , should cost you some 40Ks .. :) including a 6850HD graphics card!

Have fun!

^^ Don't bank on AMD Bulldozer to change things, when we don't have even an inkling of its performance from a third-party source [that is not under AMD itself or affiliated to the same in any way], so no need to suggest a 990FX board to OP.

An Athlon IIx2 even after extensive over-clocking ~3.8GHz, cannot hope to match the performance of the Intel Core i3 series processor, AMD Phenom IIx4 quads fall behind the i3 in most real life situations and suck more power while at it -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU -- this doesn't mean that AMD quads are useless, on the contrary if you're on a budget and need to run heavy applications [Autodesk MAYA, Photoshop ans so on], the quad-core architecture makes AMD processors come out on top. The safest bet for OP currently in his ~35,000/- budget is --

AMD A8-3850 ~ 7000/- [core-to-core better value than a Intel Core i3 2100, and the IGP just makes the whole deal that much sweeter]

Gigabyte GA-A75-D2H ~ 6500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 MHz CL-9 4GB x 1 ~ 1700/- [from the ITWares http://www.techenclave.com/theitwares/go-gskill-gaming-rams-best-prices-195741.html], add another RAM module later and get dual-channel to further improve the performance of the Redwood IGP on-CPU-die.

NZXT Gamma ~ 2100/- + 2 x 120mm Cooler Master R4's [to set-up a good air-flow] ~ 600/-

Dell IN2030M ~ 6500/- [20" inch, widescreen monitor with LED back-light]

Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~ 1100/-

Logitech Media combo [keyboard / mouse] ~ 700/-

Seagate Baracudda 7200.12 500GB ~ 1850/-

APC BackUPS BR-600VA IN ~ 1900/-

Windows 7 Home Premium ~ 6999/- Windows 7 Home Premium, Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Online in India -- Please buy ORIGINAL Windows and STOP Piracy.

Hope this helps, Sire(s).

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Don't bank on AMD Bulldozer to change things, when we don't have even an inkling of its performance from a third-party source [that is not under AMD itself or affiliated to the same in any way], so no need to suggest a 990FX board to OP.

An Athlon IIx2 even after extensive over-clocking ~3.8GHz, cannot hope to match the performance of the Intel Core i3 series processor, AMD Phenom IIx4 quads fall behind the i3 in most real life situations and suck more power while at it -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU -- this doesn't mean that AMD quads are useless, on the contrary if you're on a budget and need to run heavy applications [Autodesk MAYA, Photoshop ans so on], the quad-core architecture makes AMD processors come out on top. The safest bet for OP currently in his ~35,000/- budget is --

AMD A8-3850 ~ 7000/- [core-to-core better value than a Intel Core i3 2100, and the IGP just makes the whole deal that much sweeter]

Gigabyte GA-A75-D2H ~ 6500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 MHz CL-9 4GB x 1 ~ 1700/- [from the ITWares http://www.techenclave.com/theitwares/go-gskill-gaming-rams-best-prices-195741.html], add another RAM module later and get dual-channel to further improve the performance of the Redwood IGP on-CPU-die.

NZXT Gamma ~ 2100/- + 2 x 120mm Cooler Master R4's [to set-up a good air-flow] ~ 600/-

Dell IN2030M ~ 6500/- [20" inch, widescreen monitor with LED back-light]

Altec Lansing BXR 1221 ~ 1100/-

Logitech Media combo [keyboard / mouse] ~ 700/-

Seagate Baracudda 7200.12 500GB ~ 1850/-

APC BackUPS BR-600VA IN ~ 1900/-

Windows 7 Home Premium ~ 6999/- Windows 7 Home Premium, Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Online in India -- Please buy ORIGINAL Windows and STOP Piracy.

Hope this helps, Sire(s).
a little correction

buy Buy BenQ 21.5 Inch LED Full HD Monitor with DVI Port G2222HDL Black at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

and use 'RCOMLB1' to get it for 7.5k

7k for windows ... use linux or ........

i already have windows 7

and 35k is too big amount..

plz make it around 30-31.5k..

also u didn't mention the PSU here..

i guess Corsair 400 Watts is fine for this...

and 6500 is too much for mobo plz make it around 4-5 k

i dnt need keyboard-mouse and ups..

remaining things are fine....

These motherboards i got it from Gigabyte Site..

Plz tell me the prices of these Boards..

and suggest me which one is good one..

plz reply TE Guys....

GA-A55-DS3P

GA-A55M-S2H

GA-A55M-S2HP

GA-A55M-S2V

GA-A55-S3P

GA-A75-D3H

GA-A75M-D2H (Recommended by you)

GA-A75M-S2V

GA-A75M-UD2H

GA-A75-UD4H

thx

plz reply....

990x board for AMD is NOT future proof. They have announced FM2 socket already. And tbh all this crap about amd and their sockets being future proof is crap, I saw the same with 790, 880 now 990. Its gonna be the same story ... it wont be future proof some specific model's might be compatible but with cut features bla bla bla.

kb.tendulkar said:
price for A75M-D2H is 6500/-

so i guess the price for A75M-UD2H would be higher...

i was looking for less costly motherboard...

plz suggest that one from above list which will be affordable around 5k..

Boss search the SMC website. AFAIK only the four Gigabyte mobos listed in their website are available in India.

Gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V (rev. 1.0)

Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H

Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H (rev. 1.0)

Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H (rev. 1.0)

Gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V (rev. 1.0) is the cheapest @ ~5.9k

word on the block is that intel will be lowering its prices for the next gen i5 and i7 2500 and 2600 models to welcome AMD's bulldozer. which means intel is feeling the pressure. :D
bulldozer 8cores are gonna be priced at around 300$ or roughly 14K. they are gonna be released on 19th sept for desktops.
i would advise that you wait around a bit more.

DarkAngel said:
Boss search the SMC website. AFAIK only the four Gigabyte mobos listed in their website are available in India.

Gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V (rev. 1.0)
Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H
Gigabyte GA-A75-D3H (rev. 1.0)
Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H (rev. 1.0)

Gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V (rev. 1.0) is the cheapest @ ~5.9k
ohh that means there is no board below 5 or equal to 5

sad then i have to wait for price getting down....

anyways thx for reply....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

de.das.dude said:
word on the block is that intel will be lowering its prices for the next gen i5 and i7 2500 and 2600 models to welcome AMD's bulldozer. which means intel is feeling the pressure. :D

bulldozer 8cores are gonna be priced at around 300$ or roughly 14K. they are gonna be released on 19th sept for desktops.

i would advise that you wait around a bit more.

Ya u r right bro.. but price is too high i.e. 14k + 5 k for MOBO so it will cost me around 20 k...

so its out of budget..

thats the problem dude...

Anyways thx for the suggestion...

Zloyd said:
i3 is better than Phailom 2 doesnt matter 4 core or 6 core :p

It seems you absolutely know nothing ... have you completed your school graduation yet?

Intel i3 is not even quarter of Phenom II CPUs

^^ Just wait for a few months let the price level out and then make a purchase, then going in a hurry now and regretting later Sire, my view on your current predicament.

Back