iOS Why is iPhone so useless but so famed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your kind information, all those apps are paid/week, and they only offer cloud based call recording for which you have to manually merge the call with cloud phone no. every time or use the in-app call facility which uses your phone no.
Wait. I never said the apps are free I just said they are now readily available. And if you can buy an iphone why will your cry for something free.
What counts is finally iphone users got this important and much need feature after years of waiting. They can finally rejoice.

If you are so rich that you can afford virtual call recording apps and can manually merge calls to cloud numbers every time you make a call, then good for you
And no need to be so aggressive ok. I may be rich and can afford any damn iphone but as said earlier as well I personally feel my Android phone rocks over iphone any day and I stand by it.

no way to do facebook or whatsapp, So oneplus has found a way around google's Pie restrictions. Great.

The days when i thought google could do no wrong are long over. I hate both google & apple
It's not only Oneplus mostly Samsung phones has call recoding as standard feature in India, Even on Pie S8/S9/Note9/S10 all of them have this as standard.

Thread has already derailed to Android going the iOS way now. On the topic of Google doing stupid things, looks like version 9 of Android has even more stupidity involved in it. Like stopping 3rd party apps from running services in background (like facebook, instagram etc running at startup, pinging their servers for infinity etc), no more switching on and off wifi or data to get push notifications (FB, Amazon, etc) and more.

Plus it seems google is going to add iphone like similar gestures as default. But they still have some stupid small button at the bottom for some reason. Another good idea with stupid implementation for some reason.

Edit: blr_p. try Sony recorder from Google play store. Redmi uses that app baked in to miui by default and it records phone calls.

Why so much hate on the iPhone? Define useless? I'm on a 6S for 4 years and love it. Still crunches what it needs to without batting an eyelid pushing the latest version of iOS.

Just cos someone owns an iPhone don't make him a Chu or whatever.

I second this.. Bought a 6s right on the day of release. Still running strong. Notice that I use the word strong, and not 'okay' or 'fine' or any similar word. Moreover, it is running the latest OS without a hitch. I do whole-heartedly agree that I don't like the direction in which Apple is going today.

Its just a CHU status symbol to flaunt something too costly yet useless for the given price. I feel its a sheer waste of financial resources.

Iphones are for kids, noobs and for very ltd. tech savvy people whereas android is a vast open world for anyone who wants to keep exploring and customizing without any limitations & still if anything just bypass those limitations.

Btw the scenario is slowly changing as off late many popular stars and richies have been flaunting Androids (that too chinese brands).

If you were a mobile developer/game developer, you would understand just how much easy/better it is to code in iOS, than in Android. There's a reason why most famous applications usually launch first on iOS and then on Android. And just please, can we not resort to blind name calling and generalization? Each person has their own specific usecase, and they buy devices according to it. Why do others even judge? And as for the status symbol, I have covered my 6s from head to toe (yes, it even covers the Apple logo at the back) in the thickest Spigen case that I could find at the time of launch. I couldn't care less for the logo or branding, anyway. Ultimately, it is the user experience and each person's individual usecase that matters.

Ok I understand that Apple iOS is butter smooth and every app is optimized for individual iPhones. But I can state several reasons why I find iPhone to be useless except for the camera and showoff(considering I'm using iPhone Xs since October 2018) -

No Parallel Space all app cloning( All Dual account apps are fake and only offer social account cloning )
No Call recording (All call recording apps on iOS store are fake and offer cloud based call recording for which you will need to merge the call manually each time while placing a call)
No Data clear option for apps- meaning u will have to reinstall the app all over again to create a fresh account
No Screen recording- Screen recording seems to be useless on the iPhone Xs due to a software issue(Latest update)
No Applock
No 3.5mm headphone jack( Let's just cut this off since we have dedicated AirPods and inthebox EarPods for iPhones)
Low Resolution Screen Display
Low battery capacity
Several other software limitations

So basically an iPhone is for dumb people who only want it for showoff?

Honestly, why would you buy a phone for showoff? I agree it is expensive, but ultimately your money is what's going down the drain! I would actually like to go through all your problems, one-by-one.

1.) No parallel space for app cloning (dual apps)
First off, you knew beforehand that you needed this feature. Why proceed with the Xs? These days people read reviews of the device they want to buy for months on an end, to make a wise purchase. You could have done that.. And yes, I do agree that it can be useful, but once again the Xs series was only the start of the iPhones to have dual SIM feature, so maybe they might enable it in a future update. You never know..

2.) No Call recording
Same question as the previous one.. As you said in one of the succeeding posts
Also I would like to point out that call recording is extremely important. I always listen to every call recording to keep a record of everything or if I missed some part in the call, I can hear to it again. Atleast for me it is very important

When it is that important, and you knew iPhones wouldn't provide native call recording functionality, why fall into the trap? And I did notice one TE member posted the link for third-party call recording apps, which are paid. It's just a simple assumption by app developers that if a customer is willing to buy a phone for more than a lakh, he would not hesitate to pay a meagre Rs. 100 to 300 bucks for an application, which may be of utmost importance to him.

3.) No Data Clear Option for apps
This one, I will give it to you. Even I'm pissed off at Apple for not providing this feature.

4.) No screen recording
Well, I'm pretty sure the feature is present, and maybe there is a bug that is affecting only the Xs batch of phones. Just give it a couple of days, there will be a fix!

5.) No App Lock
I never really get the concept of App Locks. You have a centralized locking system (a.k.a. FaceID). Why would you want to have multiple passwords within the UI itself? That would only lead to a slower experience. But yeah, if you really needed it, you could have bought any phone at 1/5th the price and had that feature.

6.) No 3.5mm headphone jack
One of the main reasons for me not upgrading to the latest ones. But apparently, you don't have much problem with it. And moreover, apart from the S10 series, most of the top flagship phones these days omit that feature.

7.) Low Resolution Screen Display
Seriously? :hilarious: This is like saying the orange wasn't good just because the color wasn't a flashy orange! :D There are so many things that go into making a display, a great one. Heck, the phone that I have (6s) has a less than 720p screen, but I really have no qualms about it. In fact, I am extremely happy with it! Fine, let us go by your assumption that it is a low resolution display. Considering the Xs has something with a greater than 1080p resolution, it actually hits the right spot between preserving battery life and display quality. We already saw what happened when Sony launched the first phone with 4K display about 3-4 years back (I think). The battery sucked, and Sony enabled the 4K option only during the camera app. The rest of the times it downscaled it to a lower resolution. And moreover, the Xs Max has more than 2K pixels on the horizontal and just a few pixels less than 2K on the vertical. If that is low ...

8.) Low battery capacity
I agree, this is where Apple lacks the most. But don't just be fooled by the battery capacity that is on the spec sheet. That only tells part of the story. The other part is what we can't really see. It is the optimizations that Apple does, to make it run more efficiently. iOS 11 was such a big mess, but I'm sure they corrected almost all of it in iOS 12 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

9.) Several other software limitations
Well, you can have only one of the two: Privacy (OR) Convenience. Apple chooses the former, Google CHOSE the latter, but I'm guessing from other Android user's messages that even Google is slowly changing to the former.

TL;DR
You knew what you were getting yourself into. This is like you dumping a bucket of worms on yourself, and complaining about it. It's all about perspective and usecases. I'm just sad you didn't analyze all that before buying. Now, if you want to have a sane, and a reasonable conversation, I'm all ears. Any name calling or stupid generalizations, might as well stop from typing because I'm just gonna skip it! :D

I second this.. Bought a 6s right on the day of release. Still running strong. Notice that I use the word strong, and not 'okay' or 'fine' or any similar word. Moreover, it is running the latest OS without a hitch. I do whole-heartedly agree that I don't like the direction in which Apple is going today.

If you were a mobile developer/game developer, you would understand just how much easy/better it is to code in iOS, than in Android. There's a reason why most famous applications usually launch first on iOS and then on Android. And just please, can we not resort to blind name calling and generalization? Each person has their own specific usecase, and they buy devices according to it. Why do others even judge? And as for the status symbol, I have covered my 6s from head to toe (yes, it even covers the Apple logo at the back) in the thickest Spigen case that I could find at the time of launch. I couldn't care less for the logo or branding, anyway. Ultimately, it is the user experience and each person's individual usecase that matters.

Honestly, why would you buy a phone for showoff? I agree it is expensive, but ultimately your money is what's going down the drain! I would actually like to go through all your problems, one-by-one.

1.) No parallel space for app cloning (dual apps)
First off, you knew beforehand that you needed this feature. Why proceed with the Xs? These days people read reviews of the device they want to buy for months on an end, to make a wise purchase. You could have done that.. And yes, I do agree that it can be useful, but once again the Xs series was only the start of the iPhones to have dual SIM feature, so maybe they might enable it in a future update. You never know..

2.) No Call recording
Same question as the previous one.. As you said in one of the succeeding posts

When it is that important, and you knew iPhones wouldn't provide native call recording functionality, why fall into the trap? And I did notice one TE member posted the link for third-party call recording apps, which are paid. It's just a simple assumption by app developers that if a customer is willing to buy a phone for more than a lakh, he would not hesitate to pay a meagre Rs. 100 to 300 bucks for an application, which may be of utmost importance to him.

3.) No Data Clear Option for apps
This one, I will give it to you. Even I'm pissed off at Apple for not providing this feature.

4.) No screen recording
Well, I'm pretty sure the feature is present, and maybe there is a bug that is affecting only the Xs batch of phones. Just give it a couple of days, there will be a fix!

5.) No App Lock
I never really get the concept of App Locks. You have a centralized locking system (a.k.a. FaceID). Why would you want to have multiple passwords within the UI itself? That would only lead to a slower experience. But yeah, if you really needed it, you could have bought any phone at 1/5th the price and had that feature.

6.) No 3.5mm headphone jack
One of the main reasons for me not upgrading to the latest ones. But apparently, you don't have much problem with it. And moreover, apart from the S10 series, most of the top flagship phones these days omit that feature.

7.) Low Resolution Screen Display
Seriously? :hilarious: This is like saying the orange wasn't good just because the color wasn't a flashy orange! :D There are so many things that go into making a display, a great one. Heck, the phone that I have (6s) has a less than 720p screen, but I really have no qualms about it. In fact, I am extremely happy with it! Fine, let us go by your assumption that it is a low resolution display. Considering the Xs has something with a greater than 1080p resolution, it actually hits the right spot between preserving battery life and display quality. We already saw what happened when Sony launched the first phone with 4K display about 3-4 years back (I think). The battery sucked, and Sony enabled the 4K option only during the camera app. The rest of the times it downscaled it to a lower resolution. And moreover, the Xs Max has more than 2K pixels on the horizontal and just a few pixels less than 2K on the vertical. If that is low ...

8.) Low battery capacity
I agree, this is where Apple lacks the most. But don't just be fooled by the battery capacity that is on the spec sheet. That only tells part of the story. The other part is what we can't really see. It is the optimizations that Apple does, to make it run more efficiently. iOS 11 was such a big mess, but I'm sure they corrected almost all of it in iOS 12 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

9.) Several other software limitations
Well, you can have only one of the two: Privacy (OR) Convenience. Apple chooses the former, Google CHOSE the latter, but I'm guessing from other Android user's messages that even Google is slowly changing to the former.

TL;DR
You knew what you were getting yourself into. This is like you dumping a bucket of worms on yourself, and complaining about it. It's all about perspective and usecases. I'm just sad you didn't analyze all that before buying. Now, if you want to have a sane, and a reasonable conversation, I'm all ears. Any name calling or stupid generalizations, might as well stop from typing because I'm just gonna skip it! :D

Call recording apps on iOS app store are useless because of iOS limitations since they don't provide automatic call recording for incoming calls(atleast not all part of the call, since you have to manually merge the call to cloud phone no. after accepting the call which means 10 seconds wasted). Think before you talk

But anyway atleast I'm enjoying 60 fps on iOS app store games like Asphalt 9 and others which is exclusive only to iPhone Xs, XR and MAX and not even X or 8 or any Android phone at all

Last edited:
I think a poll, with multiple options selection will be useful here.
Kindly request to put a poll with proper options.

I used iphone first time, then BB, then after android, never seen back..
I like android more, as most popular devices are easy to be rooted.. and customized accordingly.. (features/usage).

Which we regularly prefer to use..
I am on some latest MI NOTE device..

I think some people just buy iPhone to then come and bash it on forums and reddit and such saying it doesn't do this and doesn't do that. I mean, if you have thousands of rupees being "invested" in a new phone, just do your research before and buy what works for you.
I used to be an android fan and iPhone hater (even without using one) back till 2011 but then I got my wife an iPhone 4 and since then I started loving the iOS and phone as such. I am still using iPhone 6S bought in 2015 and it still works pretty well for me. At this point, I don't see any need of changing it at all. I know it is walled garden and such but I am comfortable in this and it suffices my needs so I use it.
On the other hand, my brother doesn't like iPhones and uses samsung S8 or something. Use what you like.

PS: I do use android table amazon fire HD because I have apps on it not available on iPhone (Indian TV channels and all those ahem apps).

Call recording apps on iOS app store are useless because of iOS limitations since they don't provide automatic call recording for incoming calls(atleast not all part of the call, since you have to manually merge the call to cloud phone no. after accepting the call which means 10 seconds wasted). Think before you talk

But anyway atleast I'm enjoying 60 fps on iOS app store games like Asphalt 9 and others which is exclusive only to iPhone Xs, XR and MAX and not even X or 8 or any Android phone at all
Question is did you not know this when buying the phone?
In fact even that is not the question. The question is did Apple say to you that we have put in this feature and when you bought the phone the feature was missing. It is their company and their product. They can choose to put or remove any feature they want. If you have a problem with that, don't buy their phone. Neither are they holding a gun to your head and neither can you hold a gun to their head by acting like a spoilt child and telling them, "Nahi mujhe to yahi chahiye, mai kuch nahi jaanta, mujhe kahi se bhi lakar do".
Stop cribbing like a 5yr old spoilt brat in a toy store. You knew what the phone's features were when you bought it. So if it is not working out for you, then just change the damn phone. There are a million alternatives available out there. But not one of them will be perfect, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back