CPU/Mobo Why is my PC overheating? (screenshots attached)

Hi guys
cpu id test 2.png
cpuid test 1.png
The screenshots attached will give you an idea about the temperatures reached in my computer before running a game and after running a game (Just two games on my PC - EA cricket and Fifa 13. Used to play them fine until few weeks ago.). I have just re-applied thermal compound on the heat sink but that didn't help. Can someone help me out with what might be the issue? Is it simply a case of an old PC? My PC is 5 years old and has the following config

AMD Athlon II X4 620
2GB RAM
ATI 4200 integrated graphics card

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

When re-applying Thermal compound, have you cleaned existing residue ? Make sure fan above heatsink is cleaned and heat sink is fitted properly. Please tell more about cabinet and air-flow within it.

@vyral_143: it looks like he was experiencing the heating issue prior to changing his thermal paste.
I'm not sure about this but i noticed that the fan speeds up by only about 500 rpm more when the temps rise and doesnt go past 3082 rpm. is this normal?

@acerbicmonk : prior to noticing this problem do you know what temps. you were averaging under load?
Have you updated anything like a bios/chipset/driver recently or installed tweaking software like afterburner?
It could be a failing fan/sensor or just some software not playing nice. (i'm assuming you haven't changed any hardware)

Thanks for your responses.

@Crapmypants Yes, I was experiencing the problem prior to reapplying the thermal paste. I just had an hunch that it might be overheating due to lack of thermal paste so I opened and applied the paste. I have attached screenshots of computer when not playing any game with internet running and a screenshot with fifa 13 running in the background. When I start a game , the temperature goes up. I did update my BIOS recently and I did a clean install of windows 7 because I was getting lot of BSOD and black screen of death problems. Now I am no longer getting BSOD and black screen problems but the heating is still an issue.

@vyral_143 Yes the residue was cleaned while applying the thermal compound. Fan above heatsink is also cleaned and heatsink is also fitted properly. I think air flow temps are also shown in the screenshot attached above.

Back