Why Would Reliance Jio Ban Cloudfare WARP? (more in body)

shaggyboi007

Recruit
Not sure if this belongs here.

My ISP (Reliance Jio) in India banned Cloudware WARP ( a DNS and VPN app). It used to help me get a much more stable and low-ping internet.
Now, it just won't connect to the Cloudflare lines.

What could be the reason behind them banning the Cloudfare Routes and App, I mean how could it even benefit them? I don't understand this company tactic
Jio has kept banning websites since launch and its been so infuriating but THIS? extreme

My ISP (Reliance Jio) in India banned Cloudware WARP ( a DNS and VPN app). It used to help me get a much more stable and low-ping internet.

What could be the reason behind them banning the Cloudfare Routes and App, I mean how could it even benefit them? I don't understand this company tactic
Jio has kept banning websites since launch and its been so infuriating but THIS? extreme
facing the same issue on jio fiber ........

wasn't this ISP known for deep packet inspection, massive data mining and other nefarious activities like quietly blocking even legit websites?

If they have monopolistic control over the internet in the country. We are pretty much shut off from outside world.
using any kind of internet by Jio ( broadband or sim) is catastrophic.
I keep on shouting this for long time but people doesn't even care.
Guess, people get what they deserve...

Jio fkrs were cutting fiber cables of ACT & Airtel at midnight in my area every other day... this shows their business ethics.
Anyone taking jio is just helping these goons.

ACT let's me access all sites and ports
for me they were blocking sFTP ports, and few others.
After a long frustrating fight i moved to airtel and its infact better than ACT in every aspect ( given we block the backdoor for airtel to access our home network).
I think pricing of ACT is justified, its little higher in Bangalore because of lack of competition - but soon we can expect it change due to jio's entry

Last edited:
wasn't this ISP known for deep packet inspection, massive data mining and other nefarious activities like quietly blocking even legit websites?

If they have monopolistic control over the internet in the country. We are pretty much shut off from outside world.
They're stupid, their Dpi implementation must be poor. I switched to google's DNS and most of the websites were unblocked.
Any how after using both Jio and airtel for the last 3 weeks, I've decided to use Airtel only.
Jio's claimed speeds are also less when compared to Airtel.

They're stupid, their Dpi implementation must be poor. I switched to google's DNS and most of the websites were unblocked.
Any how after using both Jio and airtel for the last 3 weeks, I've decided to use Airtel only.
Jio's claimed speeds are also less when compared to Airtel.
i’ll switch to airtel. cant even change dns properly on jio, will block that too one day

I'm on Hathway and except for popular pron sites rest everything is accessible and no eto eve use google dns.
Can also access ample of torrent and dark sites too.
This isp is a massive headache but rest all is fine.
I remember few oversees corporate sites weren't accessible on hathway and we promptly informed them and within a week those were accessible as well.

I keep on shouting this for long time but people doesn't even care.
Guess, people get what they deserve...

Jio fkrs were cutting fiber cables of ACT & Airtel at midnight in my area every other day... this shows their business ethics.
Anyone taking jio is just helping these goons.

for me they were blocking sFTP ports, and few others.
After a long frustrating fight i moved to airtel and its infact better than ACT in every aspect ( given we block the backdoor for airtel to access our home network).
I think pricing of ACT is justified, its little higher in Bangalore because of lack of competition - but soon we can expect it change due to jio's entry

Safety awareness (everything from Birth control to data protection) just doesn’t get along here.

Cheap/free stuff is here to stay long term. Mango people will just lap ‘em up without knowing they are the product.

Big corps will have a free run for next few decades, I don’t think information security will be a matter of discussion for current or successive government.

Safety awareness (everything from Birth control to data protection) just doesn’t get along here.

Cheap/free stuff is here to stay long term. Mango people will just lap ‘em up without knowing they are the product.

Big corps will have a free run for next few decades, I don’t think information security will be a matter of discussion for current or successive government.
This government is most concerned about data since 1947...

Only thing is, that data is of government which they want to hide, secure, protect.

And access all the data of common citizen.

Karni hai duniya muthi mai... Did u forget?

I cant use WARP tooo. it's a big fking headache tbh. i even called customer care of jio and registered complain. I urge all of you to call Jio Customer care and report this problem and tell them that we have paid for WARP+ and they cannot just block anything without giving any fking reason. Internet freedom is a joke in this country.

Oh wow. I was wondering what the case may be and I thought it was Windows 10 doing something weird as is its nature. I don't have Jio by the way but Hathway, West Bengal/Calcutta circle. It would just say connecting and stay there, followed by a pop-up loop that your internet is no longer safe. Now I understand. Even though it's not Jio it's under Jio, Hathway, so that must be the reason. Classic Re-lie-ance stuff. Time to move back to airtel I suppose, only if weren't for its awful latency :(

This is why I never bought a Jio sim or a Jio broadband. ACT let's me access all sites and ports. Although it's much costlier than other broadband providers in Bangalore it's much better overall
I opted for airtel back in 2006 and never looked back. ACT did cable TV but their lines would get cut too often for me to even trust them for internet. I don't live in an apartment where they would get more pressure for downtime.

And i had to make this decision relying on people's experiences of airtel in Delhi when I come from the same city as you :)

There were seven ISP's providing internet to my area in those days. Most of them using cables through trees.

My airtel lines are all underground and service disconnections are rare unless their login server plays up and then you get kicked off on an hourly basis until enough people call up and they reboot the thing.

No airtel where you are ?

Last edited:
@blr_p I really had no idea Airtel was this good. Everyone in my friends and family and even the neighbours use ACT. I rarely get connection drops or disconnections.
But looking at the other comments and yours I will have to consider Airtel as well. How's the ping in gaming though?
I checked their broadband plans and it says unlimited. Is it really? Is it like 1TB@100Mbps and then slow speeds?

Last edited:
I checked their broadband plans and it says unlimited. Is it really? Is it like 1TB@100Mbps and then slow speeds?
Full speed till 3.3TB per month. So unless you run a torrent seedbox you're fine.

My experience with ACT was also really good until one time the wire broke and no one attended it till 3 days. I got fed-up and installed Airtel in the meanwhile. Stopped paying for ACT. Otherwise it was excellent.

Is it really? Is it like 1TB@100Mbps and then slow speeds?
Yes it's 3.3TB / month and it's same for Jio too.
I am not a gamer so no clue but still airtel's latency is a notch better than Jio.
If you want any specific websites ping timings let me know, I am running both jio and airtel.

you can read a couple of pages here - https://techenclave.com/threads/airtel-xstream-fiber-experience-direct-cities.198935/page-5
overall airtel is better in my opinion but it also depends on the location and local service staff.

Last edited:
Full speed till 3.3TB per month. So unless you run a torrent seedbox you're fine.

My experience with ACT was also really good until one time the wire broke and no one attended it till 3 days. I got fed-up and installed Airtel in the meanwhile. Stopped paying for ACT. Otherwise it was excellent.
I am from bhubaneswar and airtel sucks here. Airtel gives me packet loss . If you are planning to play apex legends then airtel is a big NO. Also airtels routing is pain . I tried talking and explaining to the customer care many times but they only know about the speed and nothing about routing..only advantage of airtel is that you can forward ports but what's the point when the remaining aspect of your connection is bad.

Also I use cloudflare dns 1.1.1.1 on jio and it works fine. I don't know what is wrap , if someone can explain that will be great . I would also like to know if it's possible to forward Port on jio for apex legends?

Back