Wifi Router required

Budget : Max. 5k

Purpose:
1) Connecting 2 desktop & 1 laptop (with internet)
2) Able to download (Torrents) without computer
3) Can connect using USB Modem

Suggestion required:
1) Asus RT-N13U B1
2) Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N NFINITI Wireless-N 300Mbps Router
3) Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH NFINITI Wireless-N 300Mbps Router

Same Q as above. Need suggestions. Asus for 2.8k-3k seems vfm. Experts please comment. (Especially on N13U - 'B1' part - Anything that should be kept in mind with the B1)

^ In a way it does. But if you make a backup of ASUS firmware before flasing DD-WRT and revert back to original firmware before going for RMA, they wont even notice changes and you have your warranty.

^^ yes you will be needing an ADSL2 modem. Didn't your ISP give you one?

If your ISP is providing you with just RJ45/LAN/Ethernet cable then you may not need it

buffalo has gigabit router in built which is usefull for transferring huge files and it comes in built with ddwrt.

so no need to mess around.

and ASUS ASS is Real ASS.

their after sales through Rashi sucks big time.

Get buffalo as it has inbuilt DDWRT.and its better hardware than ASSUS.

pratikb said:
buffalo has gigabit router in built which is usefull for transferring huge files and it comes in built with ddwrt.

so no need to mess around.

and ASUS ASS is Real ASS.

their after sales through Rashi sucks big time.

Get buffalo as it has inbuilt DDWRT.and its better hardware than ASSUS.

buffalo as it has inbuilt DDWRT, Which model is that ?

The inbuilt DD-WRT on buffalo routers is $h!tty .Wifi connection dropping issues , NAS speeds are nothing more than 3 megs and not to mention it does not support NTFS file system of the connected drives its only either FAT32 or Ext3.

DDWRT was built for Broadcom chips and not for Atheros chips .Buffalo routers are Atheros.I would stay off from Buffalo routers if you are not ok with tinekring with Open WRT and Ext 3 .Buffalo routers tech specs sound real good on paper but none work up to the mark in real life .Just google for Buffalo router issues there are loads of them complaining the same

I was looking to pick up the Buffalo router but with the above issues i backed off.I would better stick to a Linksys.

Metalspree said:
The inbuilt DD-WRT on buffalo routers is $h!tty .Wifi connection dropping issues , NAS speeds are nothing more than 3 megs and not to mention it does not support NTFS file system of the connected drives its only either FAT32 or Ext3.

DDWRT was built for Broadcom chips and not for Atheros chips .Buffalo routers are Atheros.I would stay off from Buffalo routers if you are not ok with tinekring with Open WRT and Ext 3 .Buffalo routers tech specs sound real good on paper but none work up to the mark in real life .Just google for Buffalo router issues there are loads of them complaining the same

I was looking to pick up the Buffalo router but with the above issues i backed off.I would better stick to a Linksys.

Thank you for great insight. I didnt know this about Buffalo.

Is there any Linksys router you recommend with DD WRT & excellent torrent download capability ?

With torrent capability its only the E3000/3200 but again the network speeds will be maxed at just 3megs nothing more than that .The E3200 costs about 9K.

Back