Wii: November 19th, MSRP $249.99 (Official)

dipdude

Skilled
NYT said:
In a move that may allow Nintendo of Japan to take advantage of stumbles by its main rival, the company plans to announce today that it will release its new Wii video-game console in North and South America on Nov. 19, just as the holiday shopping season begins, and that the machine will cost $250 in the United States.
Nintendo gets Wii ready for holidays
IGN: Wii Price, Launch Date Revealed
NYT: $250 Wii coming November 19 - Wii News at GameSpot
Live Blog :
Nintendo Press Conference Coverage - Gameworld Network news story
Japanese Wii Price, Release Date Revealed
At last Nintendo fans know what they are in for in the land of the Rising Sun.

Surprisingly, Nintendo's next-gen Wii will hit North American shores before its homeland of Japan. The Wii will debut in Japan on December 2, 2006 at a price of 25,000 yen. This converts to about $213 US. However, it will not include the Wii Sports title -- this will be available for 4800 yen ($40).

Each Wii box will include: Wii console, Wiimote, Nunchaku, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand, sensor bar, sensor bar stand, and 2 AA batteries.

The press conference is still going on and so far they've also revealed that additional Wii-Remote will cost 3800 yen ($32) and the Nunchuku attachment and the Virtual Console remote will be 1800 yen ($15) each. Zelda: Twilight Princess has a planned retail price of 6800 yen ($58).
IGN: Japanese Wii Price, Release Date Revealed
Nintendo: $213 Wii hitting Japan on December 2 - Wii News at GameSpot
IGN: New Wii Titles Announced

Update : Nintendo's Incomparable Wii Console Launches Nov. 19; MSRP $249.99

Nintendo.com News : Nintendo's Incomparable Wii Console Launches Nov. 19; MSRP $249.99
Wii.com - Introducing Wii Channels
Wii Preview ŽÃ’·ƒvÆ’Å’Æ’[ƒ“‘S•¶ - ‚v‚‰‚‰
Wii Preview ŽÃ’·ƒvÆ’Å’Æ’[ƒ“‘S•¶ - ‚v‚‰‚‰
Wii.com - Wii Menu
Translated version of http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/07.html
‚v‚‰‚‰ ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒAƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒiƒbƒv‰f‘œ - ‚v‚‰‚‰
Live at Nintendo's NYC Wii press conference - Engadget
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/revolution-1-lg.jpg
Wii packaging revealed: Wii Sports bundled - Engadget

Will b waiting to play the Wii more than any other console. I guess gaming is not just about the gfx or the clarity. You should enjoy playing the game...and I guess Wii is gonna give u that !!

its official and done. gamefaqs.com is conducting the poll today.

250 isn't a bad price at all. Heck PSP almost manages to sell at that price.

Sounds somewhat fair. The Japanese get the Wii but without Wiisports for 213$ while the Americans get the whole package for 250$. Still, it appears like Ninty are really taking advantage of the PS3's shortages.

Anyway, here's the packaging:-
photo-20060914-064302-0-728fcdf2ae8d8626676c8324bb2b0ec4.jpg

Here's a site with videos showing off the Wii's interface. Shows a lot of what Wii will be able to do online.Worth a watch:-
Wii.com JP - ä¼¼é¡â€Ã§ÂµÂµÃ£Æ’ÂャンãƒÂル

What you definitely do'nt want to miss is a preview of many of the upcoming games to the Wii. Do not miss this:-
‚v‚‰‚‰ ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒAƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒiƒbƒv‰f‘œ - ‚v‚‰‚‰

the upcoming games vid was great, but one thing I noticed was how 'kiddy' feeling most of the games shown had. Except Resident Evil, I didn't find any games that would classify for an ESRB 'M' rating.

It's a Nintendo console. Were you expecting any diffrent?

Anyway, besides Res, there's red steel, splinter cell, farcry, call of dutyIII, mortal kombat, disaster, blazing angels, project hammer etc etc that's been confirmed for the Wii. Most of the tiltes shown in the vid would obviously be from Ninty's side since many are being planned for release within the launch window and Nintendo is'nt known to generally make mature games.

I was hoping Nintendo would try and fix their 'Kiddy' image with Wii as well. I'm sure it bothers Nintendo as much as it bothers the fans. Nintendo may themselves mean to spell Kiddy all the way, but that would mean they don't realise that lately the adult majority have been gaming a lot as well - And that is precisely the target Ps3 is aiming for.

Nintendo should atleast try to promote M rated games as much as they're doing their Zelda's and Mario's.

Anyways I was wondering the move behind Nintendo releasing Wii just mere days after The Ps3. Good move or a bad one?

If Ps3 really does fall in for shortages, maybe we're talking some major Wii sales over Ps3. But otherwise, I don't see any sense in Nintendo releasing Wii after the Ps3.

One little mistake here or there may end up hurting the sales.

Edit : Woah! Look at how much Ninty is charging for the Wiimote! 39.99 for one wiimote without the nunchuk controller, which will put on an additional 19.99. Nearly $60 for ONE complete Wiimote package. That's 1/4 the price of the main console.

Params7, as you clearly showed me in our first debate, Nintendo's kiddy games make a ton of money for them so I'm sure neither Ninty nor their fans are bothered by it. The only people who'd be bothered are those who'd get a PS3 or X360 anyway so why would they bother with Ninty anyway?

If Ninty was so concerned about pleasing the mature fans they would've never even come up with the Wii. It's name alone would scare most insecure mature gamers away. They would've never come up with the Ds which had a quirky playing style and previous gen graphics in comparison to the psp and yet in spite of which it's selling far greater than anything out there right now-console and handheld.

What you need to understand is plenty of people are very happy with Nintendo as they are right now and in fact welcome the fact that they do'nt sternly obey the mainstream gamers and are willing to take a risk with something like the DS(which became an overwhelming success) and now the Wii.

Nish, I've seen tons of full fledged flamewars between ninty fans vs others on Nintendo's consoles lacking a good selection of mature titles. Maybe its due to the fact being called 'Kiddy' fans may be embarassing. But you've got a point in it anyway, people and nintendo themselves like the position they're in right now. Those who want extreme mature titles can get the Ps or Xbox, its not like Nintendo totally lacks M rated titles, they have plenty, but just don't give enough publicity to it, which gives rise to parents opting for Nintendo than anything else as well.

Anyway, this just in, the Wii will not play DVD's :p

IGN: Wii DVD-movie Playback Out

I see people are sort of dissapointed with 250 price tag now, but considering its the Wii sports pack in which you get an extra game, its all good.

Yeah, I was wondering when you'd pounce on that news. This is really bothering me since the Wii's disc tray looks large enough to accept regualr dvd's so why not? Still this should'nt be an issue for anyone. There's no way the Wii could be anyone's first console purchase. I'd imagine everyone already has dvd players by now.

I've seen tons of full fledged flamewars between ninty fans vs others on Nintendo's consoles lacking a good selection of mature titles

Well, it's understandable that many gamers only expect the same from Ninty as they do from Sony and MS.

Ninty have tried to attract the mature gamers with mature games of their own like Eternal darkness and Geist but even those do'nt come even close to gaining the attention that their star titles do. Already with the Wii they're working on a game called project Hammer which looks to be mature.

Wii Region-free says Nintendo VP

First-party games unrestricted says Nintendo, third-party games up to individual publishers.

Wii Specs Revealed!

Nintendo finally released the specs for the Wii. 1.2GHz CPU, 256MB RAM, 512MB Built in Flash Memory

Nintendo Wii Conference Videos

In case you've been living under a rock, Nintendo held a press conference today in which they announced that their forthcoming console, the Wii, will launch on November 19 in North America with an MSRP of $250 US. Both Kotaku and Go Nintendo were at the conference taking videos.

Nintendo will NOT lose money on wii hardware!

so this is new to next-gen consoles. Nintendo will actually make a profit on each console sold... amazing.

Also, Wii's European conference just got over.

Launch titles: Wii Sports, Wii Play (the mini-games package with bundled Wii remote). Zelda…

WarioWare: Smooth Moves (just after launch).

Third-party: around 15-20 games from launch. Red Steel. Rayman. Need for Speed Carbon. Tony Hawk. Super Monkey Ball.

Date: 2006.

December 8th 2006.

EUR 249 / GBP 179

Bundles is white console, one Wii remote, one Nunchuck, Wii Sports.

Between 49 and 59 Euros for software. 34 or 39 pounds.

(Go Nintendo » Blog Archive » The final Wii event- What are you waiting for?)

Back