Budget 51-70k will laptop prices fall ?

china financial situation

Sorry. I might a bit behind on recent news.
What financial situation?
Are you just talking about the TSMC wafer cost rise? Or something else?

As far as laptop prices go, I doubt they will fall. Especially since GPU scalping has pretty much dead halted the desktop scene, everyone and their mothers are buying laptops - for gaming, college, coding, etc. With such high demand, I only expect prices to further increase next year.

Sorry. I might a bit behind on recent news.
What financial situation?
Are you just talking about the TSMC wafer cost rise? Or something else?

As far as laptop prices go, I doubt they will fall. Especially since GPU scalping has pretty much dead halted the desktop scene, everyone and their mothers are buying laptops - for gaming, college, coding, etc. With such high demand, I only expect prices to further increase next year.
evergrande and the Chinese energy crisis

Some people are predicting that the chip shortage will last well into 2022 and might even continue into 2023. As someone mentioned, getting a gaming desktop is pretty much impossible now. And it's the same for PlayStation and Xbox. These days you can't even find used consoles in the market. Till 6 months ago they were selling everywhere. So laptop is pretty much the only option for most people.

So unfortunately it seems that the situation is not going to improve in the near future. So I'd recommend buying the laptop now if you have the budget. Take advantage of the card discount on FK/Amazon sale. That will bring down the prices a bit.

Some people are predicting that the chip shortage will last well into 2022 and might even continue into 2023. As someone mentioned, getting a gaming desktop is pretty much impossible now. And it's the same for PlayStation and Xbox. These days you can't even find used consoles in the market. Till 6 months ago they were selling everywhere. So laptop is pretty much the only option for most people.

So unfortunately it seems that the situation is not going to improve in the near future. So I'd recommend buying the laptop now if you have the budget. Take advantage of the card discount on FK/Amazon sale. That will bring down the prices a bit.

You're assuming the reason behind the inflated prices is chip shortage. I believe scalpers and miners to be a much bigger factor.
Just wait a few months, Ethereum POS will change the game and flood the market with used GPUs.

Demand of Laptop/PC may slow down as pandemic eases. There might be increase in used market supply as well. Let's see how it affects the pricing.
I strongly disagree, the world has a changed perspective of technology now. People who didn't own a laptop/desktop now own multiple of such devices. Work from Home which was mostly frowned upon and wasn't taken seriously, many offices would refrain from providing such an option is here to stay as an option for a perpetual amount of time. Schools are better prepared to do the occasional online classes/exams. There's absolutely no chance of the demand slowing down. Only production has to increase to meet the demand and then you'll see the market in better conditions.
As for the used market, yeah more hardware will flow through but pricing is changed forever now.

You're assuming the reason behind the inflated prices is chip shortage. I believe scalpers and miners to be a much bigger factor.
Just wait a few months, Ethereum POS will change the game and flood the market with used GPUs.
Not assuming. quite a bit has been said on this topic. Both factors are playing their part. GPU scalpers are inflating prices of GPUs and consoles. But production of microchips is down. Auto makers in the US have cut down their production because TSMC is not able to produce the chips in required quantities.

I wonder why RAM, CPU and motherboard prices aren't affected by the chip shortage?
I feel that GPU companies are happy to make profits while demand is high - chip shortage is a convenient excuse.

Also, China is about to have a financial, energy, and resource disaster all at the same time.
Still chip shortage is being called the "major" threat for production.

Forget laptop, even cost of basic food will keep on rising in most countries for next five years.
In India where the government tries to enter every business ( except where it's supposed to interfere like healthcare, basic education)...cost of everything will rise.
Do you guys know how much does a litre of petrol cost in Czech Republic? Less than 1.5EUR. Yes, if converted directly to INR, it's more than India. But minimum wage here is at least 10-15 times more.
And we are a rather poor country in EU. 2 of my friends are still in India and they are really shocked after understanding the present economic condition.
The local fruit and sabji vendor were looting us on a daily basis ( like INR 500 for a kg of mango etc.) But now they are not feeling cheated or anything...many people are just in survival mode.

Last edited:
Also, China is about to have a financial, energy, and resource disaster all at the same time.
What could be the reason behind this ?

Elsewhere, heard China is doing all this as a well planned strategic move to extend their power in the world more.

They supposedly have huge 'hidden' stock of resources like steel, other industrial metals, etc. and will slowly release those once the price hit extraordinarily high. Will put pressure on other markets with such tricks, etc.

Forget laptop, even cost of basic food will keep on rising in most countries for next five years.
In India where the government tries to enter every business ( except where it's supposed to interfere like healthcare, basic education)...cost of everything will rise.
Do you guys know how much does a litre of petrol cost in Czech Republic? Less than 1.5EUR. Yes, if converted directly to INR, it's more than India. But minimum wage here is at least 10-15 times more.
And we are a rather poor country in EU. 2 of my friends are still in India and they are really shocked after understanding the present economic condition.
The local fruit and sabji vendor were looting us on a daily basis ( like INR 500 for a kg of mango etc.) But now they are not feeling cheated or anything...many people are just in survival mode.
aye czech system is wonderful,having spent 2 months there in the summer of 18 i wish to go back.plus the opp gender is way prettier and fun than india. comparing czech and india are not even in the same range to be compared.

Yes, the women are really beautiful in this part of Europe...not only speaking about physical beauty..most wonderful people. Drop a DM when you come again...

Answering the original poster - In my opinion, the likelihood of laptop prices falling in India (I assume the OP meant India) is as good as pigs sprouting wings and flying in the sky. As we all know, once a year, we have two "fake sales" on two ecommerce sites where, if we are lucky enough to have access to some particular CCs, we get a measly discount. That is as good as it gets. Rest the less said, the better.

Yes, the women are really beautiful in this part of Europe...not only speaking about physical beauty..most wonderful people. Drop a DM when you come again...
Definitely,the mentality of people and behavior is way way better.People are not so full of themselves unlike india.
Answering the original poster - In my opinion, the likelihood of laptop prices falling in India (I assume the OP meant India) is as good as pigs sprouting wings and flying in the sky. As we all know, once a year, we have two "fake sales" on two ecommerce sites where, if we are lucky enough to have access to some particular CCs, we get a measly discount. That is as good as it gets. Rest the less said, the better.
Imo this year flipkart and amazon had legit discounts on laptopts. Rog laptops which go for 75k+ were to be had for 60k and even lower with cc cards

Back