Win Xp x86 To Win 7 x64

But How Do I Migrate??...coz i dont want to loose my files and its painfull to install all the games i have AGAIN!...some ppl said that i need to have a USMT tool to migrate or does it happen thru the win 7 cd itself?....can i upgrade thru a 32 bit xp?thanks for the help!

Move your files from the C drive to any other partition and install Win 7 64bit using a bootable DVD. You will have to reinstall games and applications anyways. USMT tool i guess can only be used if you are trying to move matter from 32bit --> 32bit OS as in 64bit there are 2 program files folders viz. Program Files and Program files x86.

Only C drive needs to be formatted for optimal/clean installation.

And you cannot upgrade from 32bit to 64bit from any OS, not only Win 7.

what if i upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit xp.....??...:'( ill have to move everything....:'(...i have win xp on D drive and C drive is blank and I Have E drive for my games.....

Upgrading is not an option if you want to move from 32bit to 64bit. You will have to do a clean installation.

If you have any data on your Primary Partition i.e; the partition which has your current OS loaded - that needs to be backed up and nothing else.

Just Got Win7 Guys And Also Installed It....Works Great....

VISUALS=AWESOME!!

Performance=Very Good

Games Compatibility= Pathetic!~!!!! Sorry to say this but win7 sucks!Q! in games coz i installed crysis warhead and it doesnt run properly~~!!!!...IT DOESNT EVEN RUN!!!!BTW THIS IS 32bit win7

MOST WANTED DOESNT ALSO>..CS 1.6 WORKS....I PUT THE COMPATIBILITY MODE AND STILL DOESNT WORK!!!

SCREENSHOTS OF WIN 7

64595577.jpg

11629252.jpg

63754197.jpg

THANKS!!

I RATHER STAY WIT 64 BIT VISTA!!!

MOST OF THE NEW GAMES R NOW DESIGNED FOR VISTA AND XP....WIN 7 IS NEW

I WOULDNT RECOMMEND ANYTHING NOW COZ ITS JUST RELEASED.....BUT VISTA IS WORTH!!!!!!!

XP WAS A LEGEND BUT NOW OUR COMPS ARE GETTING FAST ENOUGH TO HANDLE VISTA!!! WAY TO GO VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back to vista x64 and none of the games here work properly ...mostly for 32 bit......i tried installing crysis and it wont run even if i change the compatibility mode....:(

Back