Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

The more I use MS software, the more I get shocked my stupidity of MS enigineers. They have gone full retard.
Apart from the usual "You outlook settings are out of date" bug, there is no way to select all emails at once on the mail app. So now I have to either select each one and hit delete for all 29 mails in my junk folder.

TCS employees can do better coding.

Oh did I add that I have multiple hotmail ids (for the same inbox) but I can no longer select which e-mail ID to use to send mail. It takes the outlook one as default. There is no way to change it.

And the editor lags horribly while typing for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
Oh did I add that I have multiple hotmail ids (for the same inbox) but I can no longer select which e-mail ID to use to send mail. It takes the outlook one as default. There is no way to change it.
The mail app defaults the sending address to whichever mail id's inbox is open at that time. So if you want to send your mail from your yahoo id, just open the yahoo inbox in the app, and then click on compose.

Loving Windows 10. My 8 yr old laptop is running like a breeze. I installed win 7 first but didnt have drivers after searching for hours. Then I pressed the upgrade button, it upgraded to win10 and installed all drivers automatically except audio which i had to find. Good stuff!

The mail app defaults the sending address to whichever mail id's inbox is open at that time. So if you want to send your mail from your yahoo id, just open the yahoo inbox in the app, and then click on compose.
No you misunderstood me. I have multiple outlook mail ids (also called alias) for the same outlook inbox. eg: xxxxxx@live.com & xxxxx@outlook.com. If you send an email to either one of them, it lands on my outlook inbox. Windows 8 mail app let me choose which alias to use to send a mail. The new one doesn't. BTW, there seems to be an update available for the mail app. I'll update as soon as I get hold of a wifi connection.

Got a new laptop for an office collegue from Amazon.in [Lenovo G50-80, i5 5200, dedicated GPU, 4GB RAM] - upgraded to W10 Home SL from 8.1 SL. Its quite fast, unlike mine.

Some minor hiccups with Java, but lets see. There must be a workaround.

Any of you guys having "Limited Connectivity" problem when using Wifi? Ever since I upgraded, on almost every boot there's a yellow triangle on Network icon in taskbar. And I have to either reboot router or use troubleshooter or both to fix the connection. I've seen plenty of complaints on various forums about this and tried everything suggested, but nothing seems to work. So I'm forced to use wired connection until MS fixes this.

Any of you guys having "Limited Connectivity" problem when using Wifi? Ever since I upgraded, on almost every boot there's a yellow triangle on Network icon in taskbar. And I have to either reboot router or use troubleshooter or both to fix the connection. I've seen plenty of complaints on various forums about this and tried everything suggested, but nothing seems to work. So I'm forced to use wired connection until MS fixes this.

Seen this sometimes, but it goes away in a couple of minutes.

No you misunderstood me. I have multiple outlook mail ids (also called alias) for the same outlook inbox. eg: xxxxxx@live.com & xxxxx@outlook.com. If you send an email to either one of them, it lands on my outlook inbox. Windows 8 mail app let me choose which alias to use to send a mail. The new one doesn't. BTW, there seems to be an update available for the mail app. I'll update as soon as I get hold of a wifi connection.
:p Yeah. I had misunderstood. Let us know if the update rectifies your problem.

On a different note, it seems that Windows 10 does not check for possible driver issues with graphics. There are some resolution issues with ATi 4200 and likes IGP with Windows 10 - mainly AMD has announced no more driver updates to the 4200 series. Its weird, because at the end of the day, if you are going to make legacy systems which have Windows 7 upgrade to 10 then automatically do driver updates which can cause crashes and give complicated workarounds, then W10 is best avoided.

Already there are rumours that W10 is going to do some scary anti piracy stuff.

On a different note, it seems that Windows 10 does not check for possible driver issues with graphics. There are some resolution issues with ATi 4200 and likes IGP with Windows 10 - mainly AMD has announced no more driver updates to the 4200 series. Its weird, because at the end of the day, if you are going to make legacy systems which have Windows 7 upgrade to 10 then automatically do driver updates which can cause crashes and give complicated workarounds, then W10 is best avoided.

Already there are rumours that W10 is going to do some scary anti piracy stuff.
What Anti-piracy stuff? From what I see if they do anything, they will lose a huge market share. Already chrome OS is eating the cheaper market in places like USA. But yeah they are being scarily un-transparent about things. Updates have very vague descriptions and compulsory updates etc. Guess We'l have to use it with fake live accounts and names.

Last edited:
My 3 Years KIS 2015 is working fine with Windows 10. I did upgrade from 8.1 rather than doing clean install. So KIS still remains activated.

Guys, I'm planning to do clean install of W10 (bootcamp) on my mac. I had it upgraded from W8 to W10 and everything was working fine until I messed up updating the bootcamp drivers for Windows 10. Many were reporting that KIS 2015 keys didn't work with W10, can someone confirm this? If that's the case I will install W8 first, activate KIS and then update to W10.
P. S. W10 should activate automatically (in case of clean install) since I already activated once before on the same PC, right? I wonder how Microsoft does that?

I installed a fresh copy of my Win 7 Starter Edition 64-Bit , Activated it, applied all the 251 Updates and then some.
Upgraded to Win10 through the normal upgrade tool. Status showing Win 10 Activated.

My Q is : I installed with a single 4GB RAM stick and would need to add another stick in a few days. Would Win10 installation hold or will this be recogonized as a Hardware change?

Also, I plan to do a fresh Win 10 install - how do I save my Installation files and create a Boot disc? (I have installed on a Samsung 840 Evo, a pretty frugal 20Gb install after cleaning up the "Old windows" )

I installed a fresh copy of my Win 7 Starter Edition 64-Bit , Activated it, applied all the 251 Updates and then some.
Upgraded to Win10 through the normal upgrade tool. Status showing Win 10 Activated.

My Q is : I installed with a single 4GB RAM stick and would need to add another stick in a few days. Would Win10 installation hold or will this be recogonized as a Hardware change?

Also, I plan to do a fresh Win 10 install - how do I save my Installation files and create a Boot disc? (I have installed on a Samsung 840 Evo, a pretty frugal 20Gb install after cleaning up the "Old windows" )

From what I know about Windows, a motherboard change will classify as a hardware change only. Upgrading the CPU, adding GPU, adding/removing memory should be OK.

What Anti-piracy stuff? From what I see if they do anything, they will lose a huge market share. Already chrome OS is eating the cheaper market in places like USA. But yeah they are being scarily un-transparent about things. Updates have very vague descriptions and compulsory updates etc. Guess We'l have to use it with fake live accounts and names.

Anti piracy stuff, which is rumoured, that they are sharing all details with their partners. Guess, since the OS is free, your browsing habits, piracy habits, pr0n watching habits, stocks, affair sites, all these are being sold, I mean shared with their partners. After all, if the product is free, you are the product sold. Wiindows Insiders are at higher chances of getting caught :p

Seems that all the news agencies have started publishing this news without checking on details. Sheesh.

You're very right, Android has nearly replaced windows as most popular OS. Laptop & Desktop sales dipping year after year. Other than hardware spec wars & mimicking mobile OS, nothing exciting is happening in desktops.

Android and iOS are free with the hardware you buy, even the updates are free later on. You practically pay only once for any software on mobile platform and it's free for the entire device lifespan.

Mac understood this problem early on and made their last OS update free. Since they control the hardware of Mac OS, it hardly affects their revenues. They can easily update their devices for free for the entire lifespan of the device.

MS is caught in a catch 22 situation, their earnings depend solely on software sales, they can't make it completely free. They want to make it free for at least home users to keep their domination. They can't be more transparent on licensing policy currently because they don't want to loose on revenues from their corporate customers. This trend is going to continue from MS till maximum people adopt to Windows 10.

They'll finally come out with a licensing policy similar to mobile OSs sooner or later. You may get free Windows license with expensive high end motherboards soon, because activation is tied to a hardware IDs .

So I don't think MS will do this mistake of cracking down on home users for pirated software, they simply can't afford anything like this, as dependency on Desktop OS is reducing day by day.

True, just go to the setting tab and check the privacy option, Microsoft could just click your photo through the webcam and you would not know that.

Just clean install by formatting your system drive. Windows will be automatically activated next time you go online.

According to GSMArena, the EULA of W10 includes a clause that states that we agree to let them "disable non-genuine games" found on the machine.

Guys, I'm planning to do clean install of W10 (bootcamp) on my mac. I had it upgraded from W8 to W10 and everything was working fine until I messed up updating the bootcamp drivers for Windows 10. Many were reporting that KIS 2015 keys didn't work with W10, can someone confirm this? If that's the case I will install W8 first, activate KIS and then update to W10.
P. S. W10 should activate automatically (in case of clean install) since I already activated once before on the same PC, right? I wonder how Microsoft does that?

It stores your HW info like MB serial number in its server the first time you make an upgrade.

Back