Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

But is it not in user hands ? Stop Cortana, location settings, use local administrator account, stop syncing of data with one drive etc.

See, you gave 5 - 6 examples. We really dont know for sure how many are yet to be found out.
For us folks, its ok. We know our way around. But for most users, they have no clue.
I wouldnt be surprised if someone sues them in the future. They deserve it.

Just upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop. First issue - Outlook profile corrupted
Yes it keeps on happening. MS has acknowledged the issue. Another common bug is the "Start and Cortana aren't working". I faced it twice.

Which you can avoid by using metered connections.
That rules out using USB Tethering and using my USB dongle. I am using via Wifi tethering right now as it is only option that can be set as metered.

Works in my case.
Also, the new update delivery system uses peer-to-peer technology, wasting precious bandwidth in uploading updates from your computer to other ones on the internet. Turn it off in settings.

No particular reason to disable updates unless drivers start crashing or GPU performance hampered but in that case Microsoft has a utility available that makes particular update hidden and windows doesn't auto download and install that update. Useful if want to keep old stable drivers for your hardware.

Works in my case.
Also, the new update delivery system uses peer-to-peer technology, wasting precious bandwidth in uploading updates from your computer to other ones on the internet. Turn it off in settings.
You can enable only local mode. If you have multiple PC in your lan than this may save some bandwidth as not all full updates downloaded from Microsoft site and some part can come from your other computers.

Dunno if it is a problem specific to my laptop (Flex 2) but after the Windows 10 upgrade if I press the mute key on the keyboard then I can't unmute (even though the tray icon shows it as unmuted) and have to restart the PC before I get audio again.

Any particular reason to disable the updates if we have unlimited connection considering we all are running original windows 10 now.
Windows have a good history of messing your drivers with their updates. Having no control over the updates is BS. So its a definite NO GO for me.

Back