Windows 11 announced

@Skyh3ck

You should be on the Dev channel to get the Windows 11 builds. The Beta channel is currently offering Windows 10 Build 19043.1081 (21H1).

BTW, how did you "contact" Microsoft? Using the Feedback Hub? Who exactly sent you that answer?

i contacted via contact or feedback hub, from windows setting ... first there was a lady who told me to check microsoft site.. but then i explained and they directed me to a technical person... it was microsoft customer support

i had contact a guy in microsoft earlier also from feedback or contact us feature ... it was for an driver issue..

Installed Windows 11. Used it for half an hour. Couldn't get used to the taskbar combining everything. There is no way to disable this feature. Decided to roll back to Windows 10 using the Go back feature. It rolled back in under 10 mins. Will probably give it a try a few months later.

What do you mean like there's no option of 'don't combine tasks' like W10?
There is no option to not combine buttons in the taskbar. It will always be combined. For example, if you have two windows of chrome open, it won't show up as separate buttons on the taskbar. You will have to hover over the button to access the 2nd window. That was driving me crazy.

Windows 10 and every other version of windows has the option "Don't combine buttons on the taskbar" Windows 11, unfortunately, so far, does not have such an option.

On Win 11 since the past few hours, and it feels more like a cosmetic change than anything else. I am not hating it, but I'm not loving it either. Will continue using it as my daily driver though.

I am waiting for the final build. Don't want to bang my head with these minor issues/bugs. Will wait for MS to iron them out all. I guess I don't have it in me any more to test new alpha stuff on day 1.

There is no option to not combine buttons in the taskbar. It will always be combined. For example, if you have two windows of chrome open, it won't show up as separate buttons on the taskbar. You will have to hover over the button to access the 2nd window. That was driving me crazy.

Windows 10 and every other version of windows has the option "Don't combine buttons on the taskbar" Windows 11, unfortunately, so far, does not have such an option.
Understood. This is ridiculous. That's like the first thing I change right after installing a fresh version of Windows 10, alongside enabling to show all taskbar icons.

Last edited:

Seems the priority is to keep UI clean, rather than making UX better :p

Nss23ri.png

So Linus tech tips found out that Windows 11 can be installed on 4th generation intel and even some earlier processors. There are some minor hacks need to be done.

LOL Ubuntu Focal FOSSA buffs know W 11 new desktop environment is adopted from UBUNTYYYYYYYYYY..... :p

The download took a bit more in my case but the installation completed in about 20 minutes. It certainly gets stuck at the higher percentages for a while.
Will the built in Windows Update install it via InsiderPreview on my Dell N5110, which is not W11 supported imo? Or I have to install it some other way?

Will the built in Windows Update install it via InsiderPreview on my Dell N5110, which is not W11 supported imo? Or I have to install it some other way?
If it fulfils the minimum requirements, then it should turn up on Windows update after you opt for the Dev channel. Nothing to lose either way.

Meanwhile my old laser printer stopped working now on Windows 11. It did work fine when I first upgraded. Probably there was an update related to PrintNightmare that broke it but then the KB number for the update isn't listed on the list of installed updates, so quite an headache now. Also, got two green screens of death after I switched on Hyper-V. So, it is probably not that stable.

Back