Windows 7 hits a new low !!!

raksrules

Elite
A user by the name of "hackerman1" has installed Windows 7 on his PC, which in itself is nothing to write home about. The catch here is that he's gotten a bootable, working installation on no less than a Pentium II system. No, that's not a typo--Pentium Two. The extreme...ly old machine consists of a 266 MHz CPU, a whopping 96 MB of memory, and a next-generation 4 MB graphics card.
Source: Windows 7 Hits a New Low - PC World

the best part is that my 10 year old machine will get new lease of life

Config:

266 Mhz processor (compass box size)

128 MB RAM

No Graphics card.

Currently running windows 98

i suppose it would then get instaleed on OLD rig,namely
AMD K6-2 550Mhz
128 mb ram
Onboard graphics(mayb 4mb too)
Yipee,if that's so, i would thanks MS a billion for such extreme scalability of 7!

That's great news for MS, loads of peeps would look ahead to buy the OS if they dont have to sell their kidney's to upgrade their hardware.

Nice.

raksrules said:

It will definitely scale. Few people buy 80k PC to run OS. Most of the high-end stuff out there is brag value :p

SidhuPunjab said:
I hope it scales well w/ high end system. No1 wants to run Super Mario on 80k PC.

Nice.

bluheart said:
I read it recently on pcworld site.

Today i installed win 7 on piv 2.8 with 1gb ram

its rocking, i wil post the screen shots later

Installed on a old system ? Great :p but what about usability, that article says boot time was 17 minutes and install time was around 17 hours . Are you really serious to use that machine ??

Rahulrulez said:
wow, it's great.. now the government office computer's can have a new interface :D

Most I've been to these days, including the electricity office where I pay my bill have Vista :)

hmm.. imo u may be able to load windows 7 on your p3 or p4 systems... but practicality suggests using Windows XP or Windows ME instead.

Back