Windows 8 Drivers

knanda

Disciple
I just downloaded the Windows 8 Build.. Before proceeding to install it I would like to know where to get the graphics drivers and anything else needed for the smooth running..:)

their will be windows 7 compatibility for drivers and if i were you,I would install it in virtual pc.
or at least do full image back up of your current system.

Go ahead and post how it goes,
wish you all the best.
but remember that your boot options and bootloader might get messed up.

My roomie seem to have installed it a while back and all seems fine. He had to install the drivers for the ethernet controller card however. Seems like Win 7 drivers work just fine. I haven't installed it yet (do not plan to do that until the RTM build is out later next year) so cannot comment on it.

@gannu,
I wont install it on my pc till it reaches RC stage.
I was running windows 7 beta copies in virtual pc and once windows 7 reached RC,i put it in my main Vaio and since then never went to vista hp ghost images.
When official windows 7 came out,i honestly went and bought windows 7 home upgrade pack,which gave me 3 licenses for upgrading to windows 7 home premium and i am happy to purchase it.
first time i felt windows 7 is worth paying for.:eek:hyeah:

Just install like a normal OS, and upon first time desktop, install the relevant drivers. They should acquire to the new OS. Put some nice screen shots up if you can of the new GUI.

If you do not have a secondary system, then keep the ethernet/wi fi adapter drivers on a separate USB stick, else you cannot get to the net.

I just installed on my box yesterday night.

I created a bootable usb from the iso and the just ran the setup from win 7 64. the installer copied everything into windows.old folder. and all the drivers were automatically installed.

Nothing special needed... I installed NVidia drivers and everything seems to run fine...

MISSING MEDIA CENTRE too much :(

I hope final version comes with it..

Pros:-

1. Look seems awesome

2. IE 9 Seems stable on this

3. Copying and many small small things are intelligent now ;)

4. Love the paint

5. Games are also good

6. New and Improved TASK MANAGER pics Below ;)

Cons:-

1. No Media Center

2. Norton Internet Security Doesnt work.---Installed Microsoft Security Essentials...stable again

3. Even Win TV is having some problems..--trying on it and will update

4. Unable to install directx3

TMUgo.png

p0tTT.jpg

Notification-cum-setting on home screen

cEg3A.png

skumar9988 said:
lemme if u need more ;) and be particular..what u need

login window (if possible), desktop, explorer, internet explorer 10 with some site opened, any folder opened,control panel,my computer properties,windows media player.

Which version are you using ? 64 or 32 bit ?

thanks in advance

M Using 32 bit version.. will install the other 4.8gb later..

Will put some more after I do that..

Almost everything I tried is working.. let it be virtual clone drive, MSE, VLC ;) etc. etc..

I don't know what they have done with IE, its damn stable.. No crash till now with anything I have tried..

d6kYkh.jpg

NwEhDh.jpg

O6sKNh.jpg

PWHDWh.jpg

Back