Windows 8 - Feedback thread

If thats the case then why does my Bro's Laptop boots from the same pen drive?

And the installer starts...? With just the ISO dumped on the the pen-drive, and boot priority set to USB...? Probably the BIOS is able to read it as bootable media, inspecting the ISO contents (never heard of this). Anyways; it will take you like 5-7 minutes to create a bootable pendrive. Do the install, and format the USB to blank.

Some more screenshots....!

Setting through the "charms" option:
Control_and_start__win8.jpg

Network connections. Note how the system intuitively is showing traffic for the active connection, it connects quite fast. Does not idle like Win7:
Networks_win8.jpg

The task manager has a lot more options. Even start up applications:
TaskManager_1__win8.jpg

More of startup, even network traffic is there, which is dynamic at run-time:
TaskManager_2__win8.jpg

reading all the comments here, I guess one has to practically work on it for a while to get used to it. Seems this OS has a lot of UI tweaks.

I have been using Windows 8 for couple of weeks, overall I have started finding it better than Win 7 .
Few things like if you have a dual monitor setup metro tabs are displayed on a monitor and the normal desktop gets displayed on the other one, are quite nice, not to mention about the mount ISO option.
One should think outside the mindset of "Start Menu" is a necessity, to really appreciate it. After these few weeks realised that actually I was not that dependent on the Start+Menu, just that I was tuned to open it whenever I wanted to do some task .

Initially I was missing the games which used to come with Windows specially Minesweeper, Solitaire etc., I agree they have a metro version but those are not convenient for those mini breaks. It would really look awkward at work to use those XBox version of them :ashamed:.
I have to do some tweak to get them back running on Win 8 :p, now I am quite at ease with Win 8.

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional: Flipkart.com: Microsoft Operating Systems

Is this is full retail copy or just 1 time activation machine locked version ? Though no where they mention this upgrade version.

What will be the actual price of win 8 pro in india ?
I think that is the upgrade version of Win 8, and not the System Builder version. Officially you should have a valid version of Windows XP, Vista or 7 to use it , the online version of which is available for 1999 /-.

I tried Windows 8 for a while at one of the electronics store and i was totally confused. Guess like you guys said will take some time to get used to the interface.

there is a small issue in win 8. In power management i have ticked the option of asking the password when computer wakes up from sleep. But in my case it is not happening. I am directed to my desktop directly. Any solution ?

I tried Windows 8 for a while at one of the electronics store and i was totally confused. Guess like you guys said will take some time to get used to the interface.

Yes, it has a slight learning curve. Like 2-3 hours + some Google Search. That is about it. If you cross the hurdle; then you are home.

Guys I'm facing two issues ever since I installed Windows 8 pro on my PC.
1. My USB devices disconnect-reconnect randomly(almost once in 30 minutes)
2. Whenever I run Windows Experience Index (Performance Information and Tools) my system shuts down(Crashes)
Please help
Note: I've all the windows 8 drivers installed as provided by gigabyte and the BIOS is up to date.

For USB devices reconnect delay. check your wire connection and for crashes, Please check your PC with good antivirus. I think your PC got infected with virus and for USB problem too.
Is Windows Defender a good antivirus? Because I was using Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7 till the time I switched to Windows 8 which has windows defender. And these problems were never there on my Win 7. As far as connection are concerned, they are perfectly connected.

Is Windows Defender a good antivirus? Because I was using Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7 till the time I switched to Windows 8 which has windows defender. And these problems were never there on my Win 7. As far as connection are concerned, they are perfectly connected.

Windows Defender is a free program that helps in protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software. MSE is MS' homegrown antivirus and I never had any problems with it.

Any help on this guys ??
I am always getting the login screen whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep. Did you try pressing the power button to put your system to sleep and then when it wakes up check if you are asked for password.
Are you sure that the laptop was in sleep mode? I am asking this as there is an option to change what happens when you close the lid of your laptop, and for me I had selected "Do Nothing" .

Back