Windows Vista RC2 Available For Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

paraman

Adept
Microsoft has released the second beta of their Windows Vista OS for public download. The beta 2 version comes in 32 and 64 bit versions in ISO format and you will have to burn the build to a DVD disk...

Get it at : Windows Vista Beta 2

Update by QuickFire (29th August 2006):

Official Download for Vista Pre RC1. The page includes information to help you download the Windows Vista pre-RC1 ISO file. This pre-RC1 build is available for a limited time. It will be closed when it reaches 100,000 downloads. So start your engines fast.

Windows Vista pre-RC 1 - English Edition

Update by QuickFire (7th September 2006):

Official Download for Vista RC1. The direct links for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are given below. Start your engines again before the other cars start jamming the internet. :bleh:

Download: Windows Vista RC1, English 32-Bit Edition (2,584.25 MB)

Download: Windows Vista RC1, English 64-Bit Edition (3,677.22 MB)

Windows Vista RC1

FileForum Links :

FileForum | Microsoft Windows Vista (English 64-bit)

FileForum | Microsoft Windows Vista (English 32-bit)

Update by QuickFire (7th October 2006):

Windows Vista RC2 is available for download now. It is the last Vista version available for free download.

If you haven't tried out Vista yet, this is your last chance. ;)

Windows Vista RC2

Note: Access to this file is restricted to Customer Preview Program participants only.

Anyone in mumbai dling, plz pass to me after the dling it. Right now, I got other high priority stuff which I have to download and cant afford to dl Vista beta. BTW, i am also a technet subcriber.

hmm my friend gave me the link to download. .sure as hell a fast http this one :)... but me not downloading. :bleh:

shall leech from someone

Hmmm.. do they have lesser bugs in microsoft beta products than they have in full version?
BTW wont it be available on torrents by now.

Man!! vista really is a 3D game.. and its awesome. Will keep the linux-for-desktop supporters at bay for quite some time.
BTW will all other winXP apps run fine with this version.
I dont understnd how MS will make all these features run together without crashing every other hour or so. :S

:p you think I can download and install vista in an hour.. my connection has to be VSAT for that.
Instead while I was waiting I downloaded this.. (60MB)--Windows Vista Product Guide from MS.

Can 1 person d/l it & start distributing it to TE members? Of course, ppl will pay for DVD+shipping etc... y waste bandwidth?? its a non-replenishable resource..!heh heh!

u can order a DVD kit frm M$ for Rs.700/- only :eek:hyeah:

Customer Preview Program

Please note: The Customer Preview Program is available in a limited quantity both through download and DVD kit ordering. Once the allotted quantity has been reached, the program will be closed and no new orders will be accepted.

have fun. :D

I started the d/l last night...should be done by tonight :)

ANy chennai guys need it, let me know, will burn on DVDs and distribute in tomorrow's meet ;)

Vista sort of rocks but I need to figure out how to use all my hardware with this. Especially my Satellite DVB Card and also figure out how to use my cyberoam client with this. I should be ok without it though but i need to figure out. Does anyone know if a Nvidia 6200 with TC and 128MB RAM will support Aero? I am downloading the drivers for this but i need to check.

QuickFire said:
u can order a DVD kit frm M$ for Rs.700/- only :eek:hyeah:

Customer Preview Program

Please note: The Customer Preview Program is available in a limited quantity both through download and DVD kit ordering. Once the allotted quantity has been reached, the program will be closed and no new orders will be accepted.

have fun. :D

That's exactly what I've done. I used my credit card, paid 700 bucks, and hope to expect the DVD within a week. The only thing I'm not sure about is the version. I had no option to choose between the 32-bit and x64 versions. My order simply says Windows Vista 32-bit/x64 English Direct CD/DVD Beta2 CPP. The good part is that my order also includes the Vista Release Candidate, which will be automatically shipped to me for free, when it is released later this year.

@tracerbullet:

I think the DVD u receive will automatically detect the capabilities of your processor and will install the appropriate version.

@evilution:

but if we have to run 32-bit apps, wats the need for a 64-bit OS? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back