Windows Vista RC2 Available For Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes...thats what every1 is doing... Install it with the beta2 CPP key...and then get the email from MS with the RC1 CPP !!

@renegade: Its a definate problem... It cant be that 1.999Gb size that u r downloading... Its a problem.. Im sure the MD5 checksum will fail on that download !!:S

the file i am downloading is approx 2.6gb and its the 32 bit version.

the 64 bit version is still crappy n buggy i heard.

hey guys..guess what? ms is out of product keys :rofl:

A small hitch has cropped up in Microsoft’s beta-testing program for Vista: the software giant has temporarily run out of product keys for testers.

The following update was posted on the password-protected Microsoft Connect website, where Microsoft communicates with its core group of beta testers.

9-5-06 - "We are currently out of additional keys for package “5342 and Up Ultimate”. We will have more keys available for download within 72 hours. Please do NOT send mail to MCHelp or LHBeta regarding this issue."

Source

And here's a friendly advice

DO NOT download the 64-bit version. Its not only buggy but its highly incompatible with all existing software. Save your bandwidth or download the 32-bit version. :D

Well I guess ill have to live without vista.. tried downloading it 4-5 times now. Each time it just stops at 75% or so. The first 25% of the file do not get downloaded as shown by the progress log/indicator. I have tried 4 download managers.
IDM is incapable of downloading anything above 2GB. And the rest just cant download the first 25% of this file.

Umm...maybe this is a stupid suggestion, but only trying to help :)
Have you tried the default dl manager that the MS site installs into our browser? I havent tried it...am using flashget as well. Its got some kinda chinese name i think...starting wid A. since nothing else is workin jus give it a shot...ur getting great dl speeds so another try wont take much of ur time. Good luck!

P.S. - Wish me some 2, my dl is done 45% :)

QuickFire said:
And here's a friendly advice

DO NOT download the 64-bit version. Its not only buggy but its highly incompatible with all existing software. Save your bandwidth or download the 32-bit version. :D

I have been using the 64-bit version for the first time of Vista...after I got my Conroe PC, and I find it pretty good... Bugs are there, but I dont think its any worse than the 32-bit version... Earlier I would always use the 32-bit version...and now its been 5 days Im using 64-bit...its not that bad!!

Renegade said:
Well I guess ill have to live without vista.. tried downloading it 4-5 times now. Each time it just stops at 75% or so. The first 25% of the file do not get downloaded as shown by the progress log/indicator. I have tried 4 download managers.

IDM is incapable of downloading anything above 2GB. And the rest just cant download the first 25% of this file.

Its a prob with ur ISP I guess coz...every1 I know, could download it just fine.... mayb its just too fast for India :rofl: I guess u should try the torrents then!!

nah everything else works just fine.. and the manager akamai from microsoft just crashes.
Torrents are blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back