Windows Vista RC2 Available For Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
QuickFire said:
The Vista RC1 will be available to general public within a week.

According to reports, its a huge improvement over Beta 2.

Looking forward to testing it. :D
plz let us know as soon as its released ....i want RC 1 any how.
thanks.

Just finished downloading RC1.... I just used pre-RC1 for 3 days and now...I will be installing my latest build on my new Conroe PC... Just excited to check the performance of Intel GMA X3000 on Vista !!

prashantrana said:
I was just downloading windows vista 2552 (or something) torrent, will download the new version ASAP. Could not install any previous version, lets hope this one installs otherwise someone may get a DVD :)

What do u mean by 2552..... We r here in RC1 now....The latest build is 5600. For all those who are waiting for the torrents, just wait for a week...and then MS will give it for public download. It'll be under the CPP program just like the beta2... Just installing 5600 it now !! :hap2:

Mayb this is the right place in the forums....

Vista RC1 is amazingly fast and seems to be completely different from what beta2 was... beta2 just sucked although later builds like pre-RC1 were pretty good, but have to say RC1 is as stable and fast like XP is today... I played all night with RC1 on my new Core 2 Duo PC without sleeping (Thats the 2nd continous day without sleep...and still not feeling sleepy)...

A lot of new features in the RC1 build 5600. These includes (list based on my favorites) :

1.) The LUA messsages dont appear. In earlier versions, copy-pasting a file would mean clicking on 5 "yes" buttons...Now its just one!! (Thanks GOD!!)

2.) .Net Framework 3.0 (was called WinFX earlier). So the .xaml files can be compiled directly without installing the SDK...

3.) Faster startup (faster than XP)

4.) Nice sidebar... newer components in sidebar... Also sidebar has become more responsive

5.) Faster DirectX performance....means faster games....Earlier on my card (9800pro) games like HL2, Doom3 would stutter at times, now its smooth.

6.) Media Center has improved a lot. Mayb the drivers or what, but now the movies dont stutter and its faster... A lot more drivers are now supported in Vista.

These are just a few features that I found improve in Vista RC1... It'll be available in a weeks time for public download. RC1 is a real stable and very good build. I think it can now become a daily-desktop for a lot of ppl who wanna shift from XP!!

mohit said:
waiting impatiently for RC 1 now ...will there be a RC 2 also ???
There will be RC1 , RC2 , RTM (early to oem's / partners), and then many flavours of retail packs. (same as RTM essentially) atleast it seems this way currently. but with MS you never know .....overnight they can do anything (depending upon which competitors code they like to incorporate in the os , and then use their money power to shutdown that competitor;) )

sunbiz_3000 said:
What do u mean by 2552..... We r here in RC1 now....The latest build is 5600. ........installing 5600 it now !! :hap2:

What i meant was 5552
Code:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3517142/Windows_Vista_build_5552_pre-RC1_by_BuK0

zhopudey said:
Who is general public? :huh: Am I included in it?

yes, you are *if you've registered for the Vista Beta 2 CPP*

but regardless, u shud be able to manage a copy somehow :p

Sheesh......

I went thru 6 pages of comments on torrentspy, and still don't know if anyone could install from that torrent. So I'm wondering wheter I should risk the download.......

nope...don't! reports are that microsoft will let u dload that thing legally starting this tuesday or thursday. i suggest u wait for a couple more days and dload the official release from ms servers.

Is download from M$ open for all, or only for registered beta testers or something like that? And will I have to use to sucky agamai download manager, or will DAP work?

It will work with DAP or any other download manager of your choice!! And I can now confirm it'll be available for download starting Wednesday....

QuickFire said:
Nero 7 doesn't work on RC1. Dunno abt other versions of Nero.

As like always Nero 6 (Nero Burning Rom 6: Not Express) works fine for me....or I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8

^^ How about mounting images?

It seems Daemon tools still doesn't work...

How will I mount the legit ;) backups of my games :(

What do you mean Nero 7 doesnt work? It doesnt work in Vista, or it doesnt work while burning the rc1 DVD?
I read paul thurrot's review. He says all software works fine, including Nero 7 :D

^^ here, quoting from Paul Thurrott's latest review...

Nero 7.2.7.0

Works: No

Notes: As with Beta 2, I've had no love with Nero 7.x in RC1. I've been told by a number of readers that their CD-based versions of Nero installed just fine, however. I'm using the Web installer and it won't work. Since switching to Vista several months ago, I've had to figure out other solutions. I use a free application called ImgBurn, for example, to burn ISOs to disk.

@superczar,

it mite work, it mite not...give it a try and let us know.

and download the english release of vista this time :lol:

Just tried again...and Nero 7 still doesnt work... But I like both "Nero 6" and "Roxio Easy Media Creator 8"

superczar said:
^^ How about mounting images?

It seems Daemon tools still doesn't work...

How will I mount the legit ;) backups of my games :(

Use PowerISO...I tried that one the pre-RC1 build and it worked fine....Cant find the CD on which I had PowerISO...Just downloaded on pre-RC1, but lost it somewhere.. So cant confirm it working with RC1.. But Im sure it will... So you can mount and play ur images in Vista using PowerISO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back