Windows Vista RC2 Available For Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunbiz_3000 said:
And I can now confirm it'll be available for download starting Wednesday....

Can anyone please lemme know which page do I need to camp on so that I can start off as soon as it is available.

I cant use torrents so MS is my only bet.. time to finally use the 400KBps speeds that I get here.. :cool2:

Just heard .... digit is trying to get the vista dvd with there magazine... if one can wait he can install it from there instead of downloading it also they gave Office 2007 (Beta) in August issue

faheem_m said:
ya the downloads ..started..but where to get the product key from ??can i use the old pruduct key..of the vista i got from merawindows.com..or will the product key be different..?:D

yes u can use the old key :clap: ,I think...........:bleh:

SoulFire said:
i have the rc1,any1 from mumbai wants it lemme know,pay for the dvds n pick it :p
where do u live??? ;)
@every1.........plz don't install pre RC1..............RC1 will be out on sept 4....... :D

Thanks to my friend Neobond from Neowin for this news: One member's reaction was "Whooo!!! Thanks!!" Another said"transfer rates are pretty decent, i am getting 743kb/second i am sure later on the servers are gonna get hammered once the emails start flowing into inboxes". Yes folks, it's finally here. The moment you've all been waiting for: Windows Vista RC1, the same build testers received on Friday.

Microsoft notes on the website: Windows Vista RC1 is available for participants of the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program. Please go to the Customer Preview Program website to register and receive a Product Key, which is required to install and activate the software.

For those of you who are brave enough to update: Before upgrading from Beta 2 to RC1, please install any Critical Updates from Windows Update for Beta 2. Go to Start, All Programs, Windows Update, and click the “Check for Updates†button.
MSFN - Windows Vista RC1 Available to the Masses

Download: Windows Vista RC1, English 32-Bit Edition | 2,584.25 MB (Expires June 1st 2007)

Download: Windows Vista RC1, English 64-Bit Edition | 3,677.22 MB (Expires June 1st 2007)

Homepage: Windows Vista RC1

so...havent ppl just gone crazy.... Im sure a lot of ppl from morning must have been waiting for this... Wednesday morning...and before thinking about ganpati, they would start thinking Vista RC1!! Goodluck to all the downloaders for best speeds!!

muhahahahahahahahahaha....

Attachments

• vista.jpg
    vista.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 87
I am downloading the last 2 parts from rapidshare. ( Began two days ago, downloading in parts, paused for a day to give my rig a break).

damn renegade , i get under 20kbps and this dude gets 500kbps, not fair..

just a heads up members .....if you dont have the valid , legal license key emailed to you by microsoft, dont bother downloading it now.

Their CP progamme will be relauched shortly for more members , register there, get a license key and then d/l it.

without a valid licence this RC1 beta will work for 14 days only after that you will have to activate it for it to work till 1st june, 2007.

Damn the download stuttered at 50% and stopped at 70% in flashget. I dont know what to do to get it bakup.
I installed IDM and started downloading. The strange thing is that the file size is showing as 2GB instead of 2.5GB. The file name and download server location is all same in both flashget and IDM.

damn! damn! damn!
I hope things are fine after the download.... or ill flush the previous file start over with flashget

However the only saving grace is that I am getting 1MB/s speeds now. SO the download should finish in less than half hour from now. :tongue:

Attachments

• idm.jpg
    idm.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 82
deejay said:
just a heads up members .....if you dont have the valid , legal license key emailed to you by microsoft, dont bother downloading it now.
Their CP progamme will be relauched shortly for more members , register there, get a license key and then d/l it.
without a valid licence this RC1 beta will work for 14 days only after that you will have to activate it for it to work till 1st june, 2007.
BETA 2 activation keys will work on this na ??
and people can download it now and then later jst register for the CPP and get the key :eek:hyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back