Windows Vista Screenshots and Features

Using Vista as of now... Awasome looking OS... First experience is Visually Stunning... Will be trying gaming on it soon as steam is installing... Will post back a complete analysis if the OS in coming weeks...

2 days of usage, and have mixed feelings about it so far....

Visual effects aside, it doesn't seem much of a leap from XP (compared to say ME to XP)

Some of the new features are blatant rip-offs from Panther, yet the execution isn't equally good e.g. The new Search vs. Spotlight..The tiled windows views vs Expose'...Gadgets vs Widgets

On top of it, it feels sluggish on my Winnie 3200, 1GB, 6800 mavhine which I guess probably falls somewhere in the 80th %ile as far as configuration goes....

I hope this is coz of the fact that it is still a a Beta...But Frankly, so far I am not impressed

The only redeeming factors I have noticed so far is

a) IE7 (rocking)

b) WMP 11 (Big leap over WMP10)

But ain't the two above something that could've been made avilable for XP too?

Count_Down said:
A request to guys who have already downloaded it-Can anybody give the Vista Beta on a DVD? I am in Delhi... Thanks in advance
PM me address... I will courier tomorrow... Will rech you ay after :D...

superczar said:
2 days of usage, and have mixed feelings about it so far....

Visual effects aside, it doesn't seem much of a leap from XP (compared to say ME to XP)

Some of the new features are blatant rip-offs from Panther, yet the execution isn't equally good e.g. The new Search vs. Spotlight..The tiled windows views vs Expose'...Gadgets vs Widgets

On top of it, it feels sluggish on my Winnie 3200, 1GB, 6800 mavhine which I guess probably falls somewhere in the 80th %ile as far as configuration goes....

I hope this is coz of the fact that it is still a a Beta...But Frankly, so far I am not impressed

The only redeeming factors I have noticed so far is
a) IE7 (rocking)
b) WMP 11 (Big leap over WMP10)
But ain't the two above something that could've been made avilable for XP too?
IE is surely rocking... I am not missing Firefox as of Now :D...

Its been 2 hours since i installed Vista and it is looking good to me... Will take atlest 7 days to come up with my analysis... As of now downloading Drivers for the GFX and the sound card... BTW any download manager for Vista out as of now...

BTW check out the slideshow feature and the photos screensaver... They couldnt have dont it better :D...

... How about sending me the addy then :D...

Hmmm...

Guys kindly post Vista compatible apps...

According to me...

Steam works :D...

Keep adding more...

i have installed windows vista beta 2 but i cannot activate it or sign into msn messenger?

my modem is not working properly on windows vista beta 2, help me quick please.

How to set the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) in Vista?

Udit said:
i have installed windows vista beta 2 but i cannot activate it or sign into msn messenger?

my modem is not working properly on windows vista beta 2, help me quick please.

How to set the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) in Vista?

Problem solved after changing the ethernet modem to the Beetle 220BX.

Just installed Vista beta 2 looks amazing.Got all the sotware to work on it even Cyberoam client :)

Attachments

• Untitled.JPG
    Untitled.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 144
Okey... Here are some complaints after the intial days:

Source runs Choppy... Real Choppy... Even with a 2.7GHz Proccy and X1900XT card i am barely able to get 60 FPS on Source at 1280 with 4x AA and AF which is a shame... I was getting 120+ Fps ealier on XP with same settings...

Also If i am copying a file of 1 GB from one HDD to other it shows me 122 Days as time left for copying :S...

Not to forget the most irritating feature... Number of warnings it shows before doing anything...

Also i am not able to spot nForce4 Chipset drivers for Vista Yet ???

On a brighter side... The OS hasnt crashed on me once... Thats kindda good :D...

Switch said:
Okey... Here are some complaints after the intial days:

Source runs Choppy... Real Choppy... Even with a 2.7GHz Proccy and X1900XT card i am barely able to get 60 FPS on Source at 1280 with 4x AA and AF which is a shame... I was getting 120+ Fps ealier on XP with same settings...

Also If i am copying a file of 1 GB from one HDD to other it shows me 122 Days as time left for copying :S...

Not to forget the most irritating feature... Number of warnings it shows before doing anything...

Also i am not able to spot nForce4 Chipset drivers for Vista Yet ???

On a brighter side... The OS hasnt crashed on me once... Thats kindda good :D...

1) install dx9c & get 1GB more ram.

2) copying a file of 1 GB from one HDD to other takes 2-10mins on my PC in Vista

3) you can turn off warnings like i did :p

4) just let windows update run or Beta Driver - nForce – Windows Vista x86 Beta 2.

5) No Comments.

1. Already Done

2. It takes the same time but why does it show ages :S

3. Now why were they placed in the first place then... I dont wanna turn them off as of now...

4. Its updated... But still no driver on nVidia Site... Weired :S...

5. Same here... No comments :p...

Back