Windows Vista Screenshots and Features

PhotostarSR

Adept
May 8, 2006
I downloaded the vista DVD from microsoft site and burnt the iso on a DVD but when i install it, it asks for serial and asks on which partition to install.When i select upgrade or even clean install,it starts copying files and when it copies 13% files, it gives me an error code and exits.

please help me in installing vista.

bilal

Disciple
May 27, 2006
Does someone...know...exactly how much memory does Windows vista takes..without running any program...
Another question...doesnt windows vista come with directx 9.0d...or newer than directx 9.0c....

shirish

Skilled
Feb 3, 2006
Good show guys, I enjoyed all the 3 pages. Some points of comparision & note :-

1. Most of the GNU/Linux distros. e.g. Ubuntu Dapper Drake, Suse 10.1 has access to widgets (called Gadgets in Windows Vista) e.g. gdesklets with its huge list

2. The system requirements are high for the Aero Glass Interfac, XGL as well AIGLX will do the same in far lesser environments. I have heard & seen people running XGL on IBM Thinkpad T30 notebook with 32-64mb(tops) integrated video, 1.6 Pentium 4M with 256 RAM & the results are sweet. For people who don't know what XGL is all about :-

Wikipedia & a video.

An interesting discussion & screenshots on XGL few months back. Note that ATI cards have a slight edge here as they 've slowly upped their ante towards GNU/Linux. Compiz does look promising & especially with the recent patches is raring to go.

One good point from MS is that they came out with this large open beta thing.This would create excitement for the product while at the same time they can get some useful info./feedback of the same as to what works, what doesn't & what's needed & fine-tune the same.

Sorry for going OT but just couldn't help. My $0.02 :)

techmaster

Adept
Mar 23, 2005
The Vista works perfectly on my AMD 2000 + with 512 Mb ram i think u need a good 3d card with 128 mb vram,all softwares work perfectly.

sunbiz_3000

Adept
Apr 25, 2005
www.mavaindia.org
Mayb this is the right place in the forums....

Vista RC1 is amazingly fast and seems to be completely different from what beta2 was... beta2 just sucked although later builds like pre-RC1 were pretty good, but have to say RC1 is as stable and fast like XP is today... I played all night with RC1 on my new Core 2 Duo PC without sleeping (Thats the 2nd continous day without sleep...and still not feeling sleepy)...

A lot of new features in the RC1 build 5600. These includes (list based on my favorites) :

1.) The LUA messsages dont appear. In earlier versions, copy-pasting a file would mean clicking on 5 "yes" buttons...Now its just one!! (Thanks GOD!!)

2.) .Net Framework 3.0 (was called WinFX earlier). So the .xaml files can be compiled directly without installing the SDK...

3.) Faster startup (faster than XP)

4.) Nice sidebar... newer components in sidebar... Also sidebar has become more responsive

5.) Faster DirectX performance....means faster games....Earlier on my card (9800pro) games like HL2, Doom3 would stutter at times, now its smooth.

6.) Media Center has improved a lot. Mayb the drivers or what, but now the movies dont stutter and its faster... A lot more drivers are now supported in Vista.

These are just a few features that I found improve in Vista RC1... It'll be available in a weeks time for public download. RC1 is a real stable and very good build. I think it can now become a daily-desktop for a lot of ppl who wanna shift from XP!!

Dark_Knight

Adept
Dec 21, 2005
Hi all,
I am thinking of replacing my current OS with Vista RC-1.. Are there any major issues with this version? The vista looks too good for me to wait till I get another HD

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda ranegeda
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sunbiz_3000 said:
Some nice scores mate....but lets see if it makes any sense when Crysis is released... :tongue:

Who says i will have same setup by the time Crysis is released ;)
But for now i am done with gaming. I wont have any time to game till Jan.