Windows Vista To Power Up Indian Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh dude! you are getting things wrong!I dont want to force anyone.but you must understand ,that many of those what you call "insecure, drm inflicted, bill gates suckup, piece of shit software":eek:hyeah: *REALLY* want to move to something better ,be it Open Source OS like Linux or BSD or even MAC OS X! NOT ALL ARE GAMERS !first get that!.

Let them choose the better options for ethical(FOSS) or for usability reasons.except current games,adobe PS,cad(although few options available) ,ppl can get almost all the other things in GNU/Linux.Why you people get easily offended? you dont protect window$ or you are not an employee of M$ ? do you?

you may be getting angry because of the problems I cited with window$.and you may be in real ,will be even interested in shifting?

What I want to tell is ,dear Computer users ,be it Window$ or OS X users ,please consider the points I asked :)

you are always welcome to read the resources here : We welcome you to 'Make The Move' or get GNU/Linux! or Why Linux is better .

Get a Life man! do you want another 30 years with this monopoly?:huh: I can understand the frustration as I too was a window$ user.If you dont care for privacy ,dont want to know how corporations work when spyprobe infested OS's like window$ vi$ta there...die die die :(

and Linux /FOSS dont have $$$$ to have publicity like M$ etc does.so what I am following is HIS words :

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - M. K. Gandhi

^ thus spreading the word as is with most FOSS supporters :)

and :

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahtma Gandhi

^this is reg M$haft and FOSS .

sTALKEr said:
dude... get over it man..

at this rate, you are never going to manage to actually convert any window$ fanatics.. as you call us...

seriously.. get a life people. you dont like the fact that a million ppl use windows.. fine.. let it freaking be. let them rot away to hell with their insecure, drm inflicted, bill gates suckup, piece of shit software.

let them even go to hell for using windows...

just leave them alone.!

Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating system is a giant step backward for your freedoms.

Usually, new software enables you to do more with your computer. Vista, though, is designed to restrict what you can do.

Vista enforces new forms of “Digital Rights Management (DRM)”. DRM is more accurately called Digital Restrictions Management, because it is a technology that Big Media and computer companies try to impose on us all, in order to have control over how our computers are used.

Technology security expert Bruce Schneier explains it most concisely:

Windows Vista includes an array of “features” that you don't want. These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure. They'll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will cause technical support problems. They may even require you to upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software. And these features won't do anything useful. In fact, they're working against you. They're digital rights management (DRM) features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment industry—And you don't get to refuse them.

DRM gives power to Microsoft and Big Media.

* They decide which programs you can and can't use on your computer

* They decide which features of your computer or software you can use at any given moment

* They force you to install new programs even when you don't want to (and, of course, pay for the privilege)

* They restrict your access to certain programs and even to your own data files

DRM is enforced by technological barriers. You try to do something, and your computer tells you that you can't. To make this effective, your computer has to be constantly monitoring what you are doing. This constant monitoring uses computing power and memory, and is a large part of the reason why Microsoft is telling you that you have to buy new and more powerful hardware in order to run Vista. They want you to buy new hardware not because you need it, but because your computer needs it in order to be more effective at restricting what you do.

Microsoft and other computer companies sometimes refer to these restrictions as “Trusted Computing.” Given that they are designed to make it so that your computer stops trusting you and starts trusting Microsoft, these restrictions are more appropriately called “Treacherous Computing”.

Even when you legally buy Vista, you don't own it.

Windows Vista, like previous versions of Windows, is proprietary software: leased to you under a license that severely restricts how you can use it, and without source code, so nobody but Microsoft can change it or even verify what it really does.

Microsoft says it best:

The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways.

To make it even more confusing, different versions of Vista have different licensing restrictions. You can read all of the licenses at http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx.

It's painful to read the licenses, and this is often why people don't object to them. But if we don't start objecting, we will lose valuable freedoms. Here are some of the ridiculous restrictions you will find in your reading:

* If your copy of Vista came with the purchase of a new computer, that copy of Vista may only be legally used on that machine, forever.

* If you bought Vista in a retail store and installed it on a machine you already owned, you have to completely delete it on that machine before you can install it on another machine.

* You give Microsoft the right, through programs like Windows Defender, to delete programs from your system that it decides are spyware.

* You consent to being spied upon by Microsoft, through the “Windows Genuine Advantage” system. This system tries to identify instances of copying that Microsoft thinks are illegitimate. Unfortunately, a recent study indicated that this system has already screwed up in over 500,000 cases.

Free software like GNU/Linux does not require you to consent to these absurd licensing terms. It is called free software because you are free to make as many copies as you want, and to share it with as many friends as you want. Nobody will be monitoring your actions or falsely calling you a thief.

What you can do to help protect your freedom

There is a battle underway between those who value freedom, and corporations such as Microsoft who wish to profit by taking that freedom away. DRM and absurd licenses are at the heart of that battle. Please join us on the side of freedom by saying NO not just to Windows Vista and other DRM-enabled products, but to proprietary software in general. Instead, use non-DRM, “free” software such as the GNU/Linux operating system. You can get your work done while ensuring that your rights and freedoms will not be restricted now and into the future.

As more and more of our lives become digital, it is vital that we protect our digital freedoms just like we have always worked to protect our freedom of expression in print and speech.

What's wrong with Microsoft Windows Vista? — BadVista

^tell me if these points dont mean to you? Hmmm..

^^ That was a very well written article. I just wish games would have worked on Linux. I would have immediately moved. But dude, you should really tone down your language. Many of your posts are comming across as being a little too strong.

oh great. earlier it was linux and everything went fine. now soon the railways to crash too with microsoft coming in.
Get ready to press ctrl alt del

praka123 said:
but you must understand ,that many of those what you call "insecure, drm inflicted, bill gates suckup, piece of shit software":eek:hyeah: *REALLY* want to move to something better ,be it Open Source OS like Linux or BSD or even MAC OS X! NOT ALL ARE GAMERS !first get that!.

Neither I nor you have to right to decide whether someone needs to / wants to make the move. Let them do it IF they want to.

praka123 said:
Let them choose the better options for ethical(FOSS) or for usability reasons.except current games,adobe PS,cad(although few options available) ,ppl can get almost all the other things in GNU/Linux.Why you people get easily offended? you dont protect window$ or you are not an employee of M$ ? do you?

Again, neither you nor I have the right to judge the Ethics behind anything for someone else. if you feel that you are doing the ethically correct thing by using FOSS.. well and good. stick with that man. i aint got nothing against that. But, please for petes sake dont go about telling other people that they too should shift to FOSS coz its Ethical

[quote name='praka123']

you may be getting angry because of the problems I cited with window$.and you may be in real ,will be even interested in shifting?

What I want to tell is ,dear Computer users ,be it Window$ or OS X users ,please consider the points I asked :)

you are always welcome to read the resources here : We welcome you to 'Make The Move' or get GNU/Linux! or Why Linux is better .

you have enough links in your sig and after a point it gets very irritating to see you link to the same thing again and again. this is but a humble request to you to not post a minimum of 5 links in every post of yours.

praka123 said:
Get a Life man! do you want another 30 years with this monopoly?:huh: I can understand the frustration as I too was a window$ user.If you dont care for privacy ,dont want to know how corporations work when spyprobe infested OS's like window$ vi$ta there...die die die :(

Again.. you are back to your old words despite requests from a lot of users here to lay off of the rheoteric. let Vista be SHIT. That does NOT mean you have the right to tell others to 'get a life'. Its for them to decide. THAT is called Freedom... If i were to just listen to your words and convert into a FOSS bhakt overnight, i wouldnt be a follower of FOSS.. i'll just be a part of the cattle that goes wherever the herder drives them to.

If i wanted to follow a FOSS philosophy, i would. and so would others. so please stop calling FOSS great and MS crap again and again. no one wants to argue. and people really dont like having to read the same thing again and again and again from your posts.

And do lay off from the personal attacks.

If you dont, i will report your posts to the mods.

healthy debate is one thing, but having to put up with drivel like this is another all together.

Trust me we have loads of nix users here on the forums. and there have been numerous such MS vs nix discussions. but, this by far has been the most disheartening one.

learn to let people make their own choices.

they ARE capable of that. dont ASSUME that they cant

praka123 said:
and Linux /FOSS dont have $$$$ to have publicity like M$ etc does.so what I am following is HIS words :

^ thus spreading the word as is with most FOSS supporters :)

and :

^this is reg M$haft and FOSS .

ps - Spreading the word and making people sick of reading your posts are two different things.

praka123 said:
What's wrong with Microsoft Windows Vista? — BadVista
^tell me if these points dont mean to you? Hmmm..
That is the most stupid article i ever read ...EvER...
I mean vista might hav its flaws, but hell this article doesnt even list on eof them...
Here are some of the idiotic highlights..
Windows Vista includes an array of “features” that you don't want. These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure. They'll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will cause technical support problems. They may even require you to upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software. And these features won't do anything useful. In fact, they're working against you. They're digital rights management (DRM) features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment industry—And you don't get to refuse them
Ohhh secret featuress huh???
He never tells exactly what they are, where they are, and how they hav been implemented..In short total rubbish..
  • They decide which programs you can and can't use on your computer
  • They decide which features of your computer or software you can use at any given moment
  • They force you to install new programs even when you don't want to (and, of course, pay for the privilege)
  • They restrict your access to certain programs and even to your own data files
Again lots more fud..
sheesh..
Whats been talked abt here exactly is the UAC..FYI, its used to help unsuspecting users from doing something wrong, and can be easily turned off...
Even when you legally buy Vista, you don't own it.
Yeah right we dont hav a problem with that, you do, but hey!!!You dont use windows do u?? They stop boring us..

YOu need articles Praka123??? Here you go.. The ultimate pwnage...
After reading the article,you will find that we here at TE, hav been very polite with you..Partly for the lack of time to actually match those ever sooo low replies, and partly cause we just couldnt stop laughing..
Here you go, revel in your pawnage..

Linux Hater's Blog: Why Linux is NOT Better.com

Linux Hater's Blog: At least we don't have any viruses

Linux Hater's Blog: Good software isn't really free

Linux Hater's Blog: The fallacy of choice

Linux Hater's Blog: Lusers make me laugh ver. 1

Linux Hater's Blog: Lusers make me laugh ver. 2

Linux Hater's Blog: Evolution of an Ubuntu user

Linux Hater's Blog: Of silos and samba

Linux Hater's Blog: Wild rationalizations

Linux Hater's Blog: Feel the source

Linux Hater's Blog: Why Linux is NOT Better.com

Linux Hater's Blog: Don't feed the trolls!

Read all the other posts on the same blog too..u'l find some nirvana..

Linux fanboy rant:-
All of Google runs Linux. So Google doesn’t do anything? Well that’s news. Nasa probably doesn’t do anything either? The French administration doesn’t do anything? Oh wait, that was a bad example.
Holy crap. I've never heard this argument before! You know what, I'll help you out. The NYSE runs Linux too! That's really great to know. I'll be sure to recommend Linux to my grandma next time she wants to set up a global stock exchange in her knitting room.
From the last link...

Wowwie. Party Monger, Cyber_Flunkie :p etc etc. Very patient of you...

I'd say to all linux users on sucky rigs keep your opinions to yourselves. Just as you've got "good" reasons for using Linux We've got good reasons for sucking up to good ol billy boy :p So pipe down biatches and shut the hell up :rofl:

BTW what's your FPS on Crysis like with Linux??? :p
That's pwnage.

I was having a poor day till I read all the tuxie fanboy's posts. Such idiocracy and flaming only makes me feel all superior and better. Thanks for improving my mood today :)

BF1983 said:
^^ I am sure you will consider a Core 2 Duo 1.86 + 1 GB DDR 667 ram etc etc Lenovo Thinkpad a decent config. My sis runs Windows Vista Business (no Areo) on it.

How she suffers with it I cannot imagine. She was willing to give it to me for some time when she went for her summer job. But I will not wish my worst enemy to use that laptop as it was soooo slow !

It is slow because it needs an additional GB of ram. A single core cpu with 2GB ram can run Vista aero without glitches so ram is the bottleneck.

a explosion happened in the brain(?) of window$ supporters? :p .

So window$ |users ,again I just want to show you the options! .and yes, Linux lacks recent games ,so is the ps,cad s/w s. but Debian can make the US shuttle fly to Mars. window$ can have BMW cars crash in middle road. that is the difference.

Have your window$ with you.it is a good gaming shell ,which is for kids of 5-22 .then get real ! understands what *nix offers!. dont keep your shenanigan ways!

no healthy decision is possible if party monger,stalker are getting tooooooooooooOOO senti reg window$ and Vi$ta :eek:hyeah:

So EDITED!

praka123 said:
Have your window$ with you.it is a good gaming shell ,which is for kids of 5-22 .

Okay dude , thats it , we have heard enough of your bullsh1t. You did not prove sh1t , all you did was babble about how windows is so fcuked up and how we pathetic souls are still clinging on to it. I am seriously sick and tired of your continuous personal attacks and your ever so ignorant nature. This thread was never meant to be a Linux vs Windows debate in the first place , but you couldn't resist , could you ?

Anyways the bottom line is that the Railways are going to use windows Vista whether you like it or not. So its really pointless debating on this matter any further. You are also not going to convert any windows user to a Linux lover by those atrocious posts of yours , so now please do not waste our time any further and go take a hike. :|

Ok.leaving the thread.there is no use to say something good to adamant M$ supporters. go argue how Vi$ta makes Indian railway run into loss :X 1910t$/

C'mon Praka, now stop all this, u know that u'll find people to contend to ur strong views for linux anywhere so why make everyplace the hell of ur playground.
Cant u just abstain from making such comments coz u'll be bashed and then u'll return the $hit. If i'm not wrong(And, i have no reason to think so) didnt u had the same problem in the think_digit forum too ?

Flame war all round you. Please try to leave certain place as it is. This place had been quite good in absence of the windows v/s linux war and let it be so.

It's a request to all, please refrain from making any such comments now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back