Workaround to use BSNL 3G at the cost of Normal GPRS

Anubis

Skilled
Workaround to use BSNL/MTNL 3G at the cost of Normal GPRS

Thread Title : Workaround to use BSNL/MTNL 3G at the cost of Normal GPRS

Requirments - 3G phone and 3G or 2G sim. 3G network. I would preffer os9.2 phones. Because these phones have some significant features. This trick is for os 9.1 or other higher level phones which dont reboot when we change the network mode. Example-5320 xm, 5800, n95 etc n E series full.

Method 1

First of all Buy a normal 2g bsnl’s sim card and keep balance 50+ rs.

now activate gprs by sending sms GPRS PRE to 53733 It will be

actrivated in 24 hours, after activation get gprs settings by calling c.care

Now do e-recharge with 230 rs (or whatever unlimited plan exists in your area)

in it, After activation You have to chnage only one thing in yor 3G enabled cell.

Go to settings>tools>settings>phone&g

t;network>network mode> now select UMTS

THEN do manual searching for network u will fing bsnl 3g network there wid small 3g logo along wid its name,select it as default

Now see your data singnals logo….. vola it is converted into 3G

You will get near about 500kbps to 1200 kbps speed

Remember use BSNLEGPRS/MTNLEGPRS or BSNLPREPAID/MTNLPREPAID as ur access point

but its 100% working

Enjoy 3G at minimum cost

Alternative Method

Requirments - 3G phone and 3G or 2G sim. 3G network. I would preffer os9.2 phones. Because these phones have some significant features. This trick is for os 9.1 or other higher level phones which dont reboot when we change the network mode. Example-5320 xm, 5800, n95 etc n E series full.

Trick - First of all u have to select gsm mode. Go to settings then network settings n then select network mode GSM. After that go to ur web browser and open any site. Try to open light site. After opening any page go to network settings again n choose UMTS mode. Thats it. Ur 3G net is free now. When u enters from GSM to UMTS 1 paisa or 2 paise will be deduct from ur account. This trick is working all over the India. This trick is for os 9.1 or other higher level phones which dont reboot when we change the network mode. Example-5320 xm, 5800, n95 etc n E series full.

FOR OTHER PHONES

Here is for other phones os8, os8.1, os9, os9.1rn- if u have n73, n72, n70, 6630 etc mobiles it is more difficult for them. For n73 or other UMTS phones of this range dont use UMTS mode. Use dual mode in ur network. Find an area in ur home where u don't get 3G network. When u gets only 2 parellel signal means only 2G signal open ur browser n open google.com. It is light site n will nt cost more than 1 paisa. Then come to 3G area. U'll get service msg that ur 1 paisa has been deduct. Then enjoy ur 3G free of cost.USE bsnlnet as apn instead of bsnlgprs.

Note:

I am myself using this in Kolkata on Nokia 5800XM from December 2009 . First I could not believe my own eyes . Then after 1 month of confirmation I was stunned by such a loophole in the network. Though in my case its postpaid unlimited . You guys can try it yourselves too . I don't know for how long this'll work but they'll patch this up when their infrastructure is up to the level , advanced and more widespread

Please give me your feedbacks whether its working for you guys or not .

Update :

TE members using this workaround : Anubis (Kolkata) , Shripad (Mumbai) , EnigmatriX(Chennai)

dr.sankhadeep said:
i am totally unaware of this thing... but i will surely try

Please try this workaround if you want to experience 3G at the cost of Normal 2G GPRS sim . Please post your comments after you have tried this

Is it totally free?? i have 5610 xpress music which does have 3g support.. i have been using idea 2g for 1 year for free :) & i do have bsnl sims lying around..

3G @ min cost or totally free ??

raksrules said:
Will try after i get more confirmations from BSNL users :)

raksrules said:
^^ 3G at min cost since you pay normal GPRS tarrifs

Anybody using normal Unlimited GPRS on BSNL card can please confirm

Shripad dada himself has been using this workaround for 3 months in MTNL Mumbai. You guys can ask him to verify if my workaround is authentic or not ?

kaneunderground said:
Is it totally free?? i have 5610 xpress music which does have 3g support.. i have been using idea 2g for 1 year for free :) & i do have bsnl sims lying around..

3G @ min cost or totally free ??

3G at the cost of Normal 2G GPRS unlimited plans

^^ Hey dude I am no way ruling out its working. Just that i wanted some more confirmations before i take the plunge. My Dad has MTNL post paid card so may be i will check with him. But for my own use BSNL is what i need so will take it next week. I have a nokia 5230 so it should work right ??? Also can it be used on Laptop by connecting the phone ??

raksrules said:
^^ Hey dude I am no way ruling out its working. Just that i wanted some more confirmations before i take the plunge. My Dad has MTNL post paid card so may be i will check with him. But for my own use BSNL is what i need so will take it next week. I have a nokia 5230 so it should work right ??? Also can it be used on Laptop by connecting the phone ??

No no , I am giving you some person's name to verify this workaround

Shripad dada himself has been using this workaround for 3 months in MTNL Mumbai. You guys can ask him to verify if my workaround is authentic or not ?

^^ Yup already PMed him :)

Also how much will be the inital cost of a BSNL SIM card and how much is the usual UL GPRS monthly rate ?
And what about using it on the laptop ???

Hey guys.

MTNL was officially running promotional offer in Mumbai for Free 3G. I am not sure how long that offer is suppose to last, but You have to sms "Free 3G" to 444 to avail it.

Also I have 2 mtnl connections, and I am on Plan D which i chose mainly for unlimited Data.

but even on this connection, if you manually force your handset to use only UMTS/WCDMA network, it will switch to 3G signal if its available in your locality (its now pretty much available anywhere in Mumbai ) and you can use 3G connectivity.

Also all postpaid users can now use 3G data on your existing plan at 2P/10KB rate.

OMG, works in Mumbai MTNL huh? :eek:hyeah: That's awesome. What's the unlimited 2g gprs in MTNL Mumbai? I think its Rs 98, can someone please confirm?

Shripad said:
(its not pretty much available anywhere in Mumbai )

Was that a typo? Did you mean it's available anywhere in mumbai or not available?

raksrules said:
@Mods....save this thread from google search spiders, because if this thing leaks the party is gonna be over soon :eek:hyeah:

I have sought permissions from Renegade sir and he has given me the green signal . I have informed most of the MODS about this thread

Its is after grant of permission that I posted here . I don't want to be penalised or infracted. I wanted to help you guys without myself getting banned or infracted or penalised for this thread

If you guys feel this thread is helpful to you and the workaround is working for you , please post your comments here

I am neither a famous TE'ian nor a MOD , so its obvious people won't believe my thread and I don't blame anyone for that . Since Shripad dada was the only one on TE whom I knew was using this workaround , he was the only one who could verify the authenticity of this workaround

^^ Arre mere bhai that is what i am saying. I meant BSNL/MTNL babus should not get this info else our party will be over. I have no objection on this thread...in fact i am happy such a thing exists thanks to you :)

Back