World Cup 2018 Discussions

aok

Disciple
Lets share our expectations\predictions\match & player analysis.. or rather anything that's related to 2018 Russia World Cup here..:):cigar:[DOUBLEPOST=1528834480][/DOUBLEPOST]Lets start with Team and player predictions.. I feel France has a great team this time around(That's my brain saying.. my heart beats for Messi and Argentina:p)

Last edited:
6pack is the one to talk to here. He has proven powers to forsee the future

For the rest of us google has made a nice section in their google news app

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-fifa-world-cup-2018-874843/

yea. pretty helpful.[DOUBLEPOST=1528909093][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am sure MS dhoni will win this one for us surely
No.. its overseas turf. Dhoni has trouble with Swinging(bending) balls ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1528909419][/DOUBLEPOST]Heard Frenchman Kylian Mbappé got injured during a training session. Seems its not a major one.
I just hope he will be fit enough to play their first match. Its always bad when good players miss out of world cups due to injury. Every team should be playing with their best!

Last edited:
Interesting game today. Russia performed better than my expectations.

Also, a request to all please do not discuss cricket or cricketers here. Thanks for your understanding .

Ronaldo has a classic Jekyll & Hyde personality.

Disgusting that he resorted to diving in three opening minutes.. but redeemed himself with that stunner of a free kick

Such a horrible day for DeGea. After being player of the season for more than 2 years for ManU, this one seemed to be an off day for who is otherwise, phenomenal in front of the posts.

Ronaldo has a classic Jekyll & Hyde personality.

Disgusting that he resorted to diving in three opening minutes.. but redeemed himself with that stunner of a free kick
That was not a dive. An embellishment, sure but not a dive.

This is how teams & players from south america, spain, portugal play.

That was not a dive. An embellishment, sure but not a dive.

This is how teams & players from south america, spain, portugal play.

Same in my book.. besides he has a penchant for drama with these sort of things.. and it was clearly not the sort of contact he made it out to be hitting the pitch on the tumble. His smile at Nacho said it all.

Anyway Spain were clearly the better team so I feel for them. Had it not been De Gea's fkup on the second one which he would have seen off easily.. Spain would have wrapped this game. Their possession speed and accuracy were amazing.

Costa's dodging and score was phenomenal in contrast CR struggled to get set up in play

Yea.. De Gea had a bad day. But it came at ground level and at an uncomfortable position for him to grab the ball. Plus, if there is anything there will be that power behind any Rono strike.. but yeah somebody of his caliber should've stopped that.[DOUBLEPOST=1529293072][/DOUBLEPOST]Argentina drawn. Germany Lost. Brazil drawn...
Smaller teams are showing great spirit this world cup :smug:

World Cup of the underdogs.

What a show by the Aussies. Played with heart. I felt tired and exhausted just watching them.

Anyone know what's up with the tune played in the tunnels when the players enter the field? Crowd hums along with it and during the matches too, along with the usual 'ole ole ole ole'

World Cup of the underdogs.
I wish but without goals it won't happen. We saw this with Peru. They did everything right but put the ball in the net

So tired of this hype about Brazil & Argnetina. Where the hell was Messi in the last game when they lost 3-0

Remember the Brazil 7-1 loss to Germany in the last semis[DOUBLEPOST=1529667388][/DOUBLEPOST]What do people think about VAR ? is it helping

This used to be a contentious issue because it could interrupt flow of the game. So far i've seen penalties awarded that would have been missed. To Sweden against korea for example.

That's the difference between good players and great ones. (and you have to be good to even play in the WC). They make it all the way to the box, but can't finish.

VAR has had a huge impact. In a specific instance, what's good for one team is bad for another. But it's definitely not intrusive in it's current implementation. Takes less time than an actual penalty i think.

With the right discretion i think VAR has been helpful but verdict only at the end of the cup. So what happened to Argentina. Good players. yet when they came on the pitch all had long faces. Coach lks like he's been threatened. Starts pacing, screaming and finally tosses off his jacket and looks like this

sampolir.png

What's happening is people can't get away with sh!t they could earlier. Pisses the losers off.

Although i'm still wondering why nothing happened when Kane was body slammed twice inside the box. Not that i'm an England fan or anything, but was the VAR sleeping then?[DOUBLEPOST=1529670824][/DOUBLEPOST]

VAR's fault? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1529670938][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm also wondering how Saudi qualified but not Italy.

Time for some conspiracy theories: It's a USA ploy to support the Saudis. But wait, even the USA didn't qualify! Next theory...

Back