Wrist watch recommendation

evox

Adept
not sure if this is the right section for it. but anyway, I am looking to buy a new wrist watch, since my knowledge of them is pretty limited, I thought I'd ask someone for help ;) the watch must meet these guidelines:

- No Titan

- No Citizen

- Not sports

it should be formal and gold plated if possible. my budget is Rs.9,000/-

How are Casio/Swatch watches?

thanks in advance :)

try out a few of the Tommy Hilfiger watches..they look real nice and hey the brand is good too..the range starts from around 4k..they are available at all titan outlets

omega for 9k where ?

@TS, titan and citizen have some nice watches any reason you have ruled them out ?

and casio/swatch is exactly the wrong thing to get as formal wear

look around at any lifestyle or shoppers stop watch sections and you'll find pretty decent watches at good prices. look around.

theres a tissot steel watch that i got recently. its retailing for about 7k. have a look

but seriously get a titan and be done with it. something with a leather and gold trim will be cheap and nice.

@TS, titan and citizen have some nice watches any reason you have ruled them out ?

Sounds shallow but they are too common. this watch isn't for me (I'd rather die than spend 9k on a watch) I am buying it to gift my dad.

theres a tissot steel watch that i got recently. its retailing for about 7k. have a look

can you please tell me the model number?

cheap and nice.

Not looking for cheap stuff, Just want the best watch one can buy in 9k.

thanks for everyone's Inputs. I really appreciate it :)

Titan Edge series aren't exactly common - super slim and very good looking. I saw a full gold plated one with a white dial recently - it looked very nice. Definitely not common :)

evox said:
Sounds shallow but they are too common. this watch isn't for me (I'd rather die than spend 9k on a watch) I am buying it to gift my dad.

When you spend 9k on Titan or Citizen, you are spending on the watch, when you buy Swatch you are spending on the brand, and while they look nice, they are not half as nice.

And since its for dad, he may prefer the Titan and Citizen over Swatch,

@bottle: Tissot - 7k, that is a surprise, got a link online?

evox said:
Not looking for cheap stuff, Just want the best watch one can buy in 9k.

i hear you but am saying you can pay top dollar and get something lousy so keep and open mind and look around. i have got watches that were a lot cheaper than what i had budgetted because they looked nicer.

about the tissot i dont think theres a model number but its pretty common at all the shops. i thought it was a fake till i saw it on the tissot site :lol:

its a tissot desire T52.1.481.31

heres a pic from the site,

evox there is a 2 tone version (steel and gold) that you may want to check out

^ Esprit is for younger generation. Wont suit for elderly, i think :p

@ evox, another of Titan owned brands is - XYLYS

They seem to have a couple of elegant designs (9120). Price shud be in ur budget range. (not sure though)

Tissot is still a more respected brand though ;)

Fossil is officially available in India now i think. :)
They make some nice watches in various price ranges and you might find one that suits your pocket. :cool2:

Esprit, Swatch, Tommy H, Casio and the likes are for Kids. :bleh:
I rather wear a classic (Titan) Goldplated watch with round, white dial, Roman numerals and Black leather strap to my first day at work than wear one of the above. :)

Titan/Timex Moonphase is nice looking watch too- more like a slightly bigger Classic round dial Titan with a moonphase dial. :)
But the American counterparts of the same have better build quality. finish, and longetivity.
The Titan is more pocket friendly and i anyways get bored with the same watch after 2-3yrs- they anyways lose their sheen due to daily physical wear and tear.
Watches for special occassions last much longer coz they are worn for a very short period and undergo far less physical wear and tear.

i thought fossil was for kids also with bling bling designs :p

if its for his dad and for formal occasions i think its best to steer clear of em

seiko is another option also

TheMask said:
^ Esprit is for younger generation. Wont suit for elderly, i think :p
Hmm, yeah, that's probably true, but Espirit has a chrono for ~ 8k, and if he's looking for a chrono then its a great options.

And XYLYS has some stunning designs too, don't forget to check 'em :D

bottle said:
i hear you but am saying you can pay top dollar and get something lousy so keep and open mind and look around. i have got watches that were a lot cheaper than what i had budgetted because they looked nicer.

about the tissot i dont think theres a model number but its pretty common at all the shops. i thought it was a fake till i saw it on the tissot site :lol:

its a tissot desire T52.1.481.31
----

evox there is a 2 tone version (steel and gold) that you may want to check out
@7k its a steel -its not available online anywhere for less then 100 pounds or <200-225 $

naa its a cheap watch, i got mine from singapore for 6k maybe less. with watches you need to hunt around and you ll get it cheaper.dont go by mrp , look for discounts.
i saw a few sites selling it online for a similar price too

Back