Wrist watch recommendation

what about this one:

jc_1984.JPG

Listed for Rs.8495 at Casio India's site.

looks bulky.. if your dad is fine with bulky watches get it. even though i wear bulky watches theres nothing like a slim watch for formal occasions

Instead of wondering around like a moron, I decided to ask my dad (in directly of course) what kind of watches he likes; the answer he gave pretty much killed all of my current plans to give him the Casio watch I mentioned before. apparently, he hates heavy watches (Casio weighs 150gm) only prefers gold polished and doesn't like extra dials/knobs on watches. the current one he wears (Titan gold) has gotten pretty old. given his minimalistic requirements, I really don't know what to do :(

evox said:
Instead of wondering around like a moron, I decided to ask my dad (in directly of course) what kind of watches he likes;

excellent :hap2:

the answer he gave pretty much killed all of my current plans to give him the Casio watch I mentioned before. apparently, he hates heavy watches (Casio weighs 150gm) only prefers gold polished and doesn't like extra dials/knobs on watches. the current one he wears (Titan gold) has gotten pretty old. given his minimalistic requirements, I really don't know what to do :(

sounds just like my dad as well :lol: which was why i recommended slim watches. just go to a watch store first and look around man. am sure you will find something. check the lifestyle and other mall watch sections as well as any brand shops to look for ideas.

the watch i recommended earlier was for same reason slim and no chrono. theres a two tone silver and gold one. maybe see if its available. otherwise theres always titan (not joking:))

and ya citizen and seiko as bikey said. they have a citzen brand store here check if there is something like that where you stay.

edit: what me and mom get for dad is q and q (owned by citizen or someone) . cheap and no fuss and its slim and gold :lol: we get one every year or so :p for formal use he has a seiko. hes totally not a watch person though

urgh, Citizen anyone?

BM8082-53P.jpg

EcoDrive BM8082-53P. costs around 8.5k Looks pretty good and apparently

Eco-Drive runs on any source of Light. Even candle light it takes Charge. 3 Hours fully charged watches can operate 270 days without further exposure to light. A revolutionary lithium ion secondary battery serves as Eco-Driver’s energy reservoir.

I remember seeing EcoDrive's ad a long while back on TV

looks perfect. what do you guys think?

why the ug citizen though ?

never liked Citizen. don't know why :p

It's just one of those brands I despise (despite that I never bought a Citizen watch)

will check this out since it looks pretty much perfect :)

i was a li'l jobless so here's a small collection from Xylys that might interest you.

From the Classic Collection:

From the Contemporary Collection:

Xylys are pretty expensive series....most good ones come at around 14k + .Dunno if there are cheaper options in that.

I personally love cronograph. But since ur dad despises them I think you should go with the Citizen Eco drive. They are very good watches.Plain and simple just as ur dad would want.But a class watch i'd say .

The Fossil is another nice watch.Very classy sans the hunky dory dials like chrono. Dunno about any golden series model though.....

you know, after this research, I finally found the best, the most perfect watch. Citizen EcoDrive 6254-51A

The price is $295 which translates into roughly Rs.12,000/- but hey, it was perfect so I didn't mind spending more cash. I email Citizen asking about the watch's availability and pricing. no response. okay, no problem, I call their Delhi showroom number (taken from their god awful shitty site) no one picks up. I visit another showroom, only to find out the watch isn't available here! Imagine my frustration, the god damn watch was perfect! it was dual tone, lightweight, looked incredibly classy...basically, it was all the things I was looking for and now I find out that, that particular model isn't available. sigh!

putting the sorrow aside, I looked at other watches, apparently, Omega's range starts at 16k. way above what I can afford (sorry, I am not that rich!) rest others were so-so, it felt embarrassing going into a showroom and asking for a 10k watch where everything they sell is priced above 20k. anyway, after much embarrassment and peeking through glass, I found Tissot T34.2.481.13 It's priced at 10k and looks pretty okay. it's not what I wanted to buy, but then again, when does one ever get what he/she truly wants =/ if I don't find anything nice in next 2-3 days, I'll buy this one. looks okay I guess (please tell me it doesn't look like shit) I Eliminated Casio from the selection as their watches are just too heavy for regular use (150gm for most them) and they come with fancy bling-bling my father wouldn't like. anyway, thanks to everyone who tried to help, I really appreciate it.

sorry for a long rant. really pissed off here :(

^ Hey that Tissot looks elegant and classy! Good Choice! ur dad will like it :D

besides if that Citizen sells for US$300 elsewhere, I am sure it wud retail at around 20k here

Back