Camera WTB home security solution (CCTV)

CA50

Skilled
Hello all, hope you all are doing fine in this pandemic.
I already have a wireless (Chinese) set of CCTV cameras +NVR with low-resolutions.

I am planning to get a new set of CCTV cameras + NVR. Currently i have zeroed on Ezviz set (https://www.amazon.in/HIKVISION-Cameras-Wireless-Security-System/dp/B082LR1T4C/)
I looked online for some good reviews but didn't find anything good.

Does anyone have this set or experience with anything else , please share your experience.

Strict requirements
  • Need wireless setup to avoid dangling wires and also because i have good wireless coverage
  • Need NVR based solution for remote monitoring
  • All the cams will be placed outdoor, so I prefer bullet cams.
  • Water-resistant is good to have, as the installation place have roofs

TIA & Stay Safe

I don't have a fancy wired setup. Just 2 mi 360 camera. Both have memory cards installed, also storing video feeds on a network drive over ftp. This setup is not very costly and serves my needs.

Thank you for your input.
Are these outdoor cams? Any online links to those ?
Got them from here:

Any personal experience ?
Online pics in amazon/flipkart are not real and misleading. I don't see any good reviews as well

I bought two of these from Amazon some 6 months back. Works well. Using it in balcony and stair space but probably not for full outdoor use. As another FM had suggested check CP plus, they are the best.

Any personal experience ?
Online pics in amazon/flipkart are not real and misleading. I don't see any good reviews as well
We have CP Plus cameras (bullet/outdoor) but didn't buy online. They are wired though; bought it in the local market (SP road) and got everything installed through a third-party. It can be remotely monitored through a CP Plus app from Play Store. I believe CP Plus is one of the better known brands, Hikvision is another, but there could be more.

Thanks mate, yes hikvision is good; but i dont see their complete wireless set.
Ezviz is a subsidiary of hikvision

CP Plus is oem by Dahua.
Dahua and Hikvision are the two behemoths in the industry. They oem for almost everyone.
Also hello from XDA. ;)
Haha that's a welcome surprise!
Man it's been so long since I got on to OT there. I occasionally browse without logging in. Is the gang still there?

Haha that's a welcome surprise!
Man it's been so long since I got on to OT there. I occasionally browse without logging in. Is the gang still there?
No idea... The XDA website became an unusable ad filled cesspool... I'm occasionally active on r/android and r/android-ot telegram... A few old guys still around... Deadly still lurks on tg I guess...

No idea... The XDA website became an unusable ad filled cesspool... I'm occasionally active on r/android and r/android-ot telegram... A few old guys still around... Deadly still lurks on tg I guess...
Just visited, I don't like the new theme and layout at all. Need the classic theme back! Was surprised to see the Frat thread on page 1 so did my part in bumping it further lol. I'm not that active in the Android scene now, but will be damn nice to get everyone back in some place. Ideally in OT itself, but XDA looks so alien now.

-Tp Link Tapo is VFM but unsure if there are any *intentional* backdoors. *cough*.
I have tested Hikvision + Zoneminder with motion detection with RTSP streams saving to my local PC. Gives more compute and better control than recording to a standard DVR/NVR setup.
Regardless of what you get, put them a separate Vlan.

-Tp Link Tapo is VFM but unsure if there are any *intentional* backdoors. *cough*.
I have tested Hikvision + Zoneminder with motion detection with RTSP streams saving to my local PC. Gives more compute and better control than recording to a standard DVR/NVR setup.
Regardless of what you get, put them a separate Vlan.
Which Hikvision camera?
Honestly where we are putting these, there's no really worry of backdoors..

Which Hikvision camera?
-I dont recall the exact model numbers but its an 2MP analog camera dome + 2M bullet type going to Hikvision DVR/NVR.
Misc Info:
I felt the Hikvision DVR's recording is not that robust so I use ZoneMinder as a backup to stream data and do the processing and store it locally. (+Nothing goes to the cloud.) Remote streaming could be done via VPN without tying it to any cloud vendor.
-You could do the same with Tapo + SD card without needing a dedicated DVR/NVR. All you would need to have the device just connect to a wall socket + connect it to your home wifi. Another option is to not use the SD card and setup any CCTV software ZoneMinder or Shinobi which can write RTSP streams to your pc/laptop's disk and do the processing there.

Honestly where we are putting these, there's no really worry of backdoors..
-I have seen some cams phone back to some not so nice countries then instructed to do some amount of recon on your network(C2C). If you are not botered about Sec, then ignore this but its good to keep an eye on whats on your network.

Note: I am not affiliated with any of these companies. Few things to keep in mind:
-Try getting cams that has ONVIF support with decent reviews.
-Use Opensource stuff when possible.

Back