Budget 90k+ WTB Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop

HP Victus for 1.05L is the best deal under 1.35L rn. 95W RTX 3060, Ryzen 5800H, FHD 16.1" 144hz 100% sRGB panel. You can get it for under 1L if you use the card offers on Amazon. Absolutely stellar laptop
Above 1.1L, Lenovo Legion 5 Pro also launched today for 1.33L (1.4L and a 7k coupon discount on Lenovo website), but the main benefits of Legion over the Victus will be build quality, looks, 130W RTX 3060 and a much better screen (500nits HDR400 QHD 165Hz display), but keep in mind that the higher resolution display will be more taxing on games.

Also a 130W RTX 3060 is only about 12-15% faster than a 95W 3060 at best (source: have tested 60W to 130W vbioses on my Helios 300), so the higher power gpu doesn't really fully compensate for the higher resolution screen. It is basically double the load on GPU due to double the number of pixels in Legion 5 Pro, so expect much lower fps on native resolution. But the upshot is that you're getting a much brighter display which will be much more enjoyable for text, movies anything basically. Decide if these positives are worth the 35k extra over the HP and take your call.

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
HP Victus for 1.05L is the best deal under 1.35L rn. 95W RTX 3060, Ryzen 5800H, FHD 16.1" 144hz 100% sRGB panel. You can get it for under 1L if you use the card offers on Amazon. Absolutely stellar laptop
Above 1.1L, Lenovo Legion 5 Pro also launched today for 1.33L (1.4L and a 7k coupon discount on Lenovo website), but the main benefits of Legion over the Victus will be build quality, looks, 130W RTX 3060 and a much better screen (500nits HDR400 QHD 165Hz display), but keep in mind that the higher resolution display will be more taxing on games.

Also a 130W RTX 3060 is only about 12-15% faster than a 95W 3060 at best (source: have tested 60W to 130W vbioses on my Helios 300), so the higher power gpu doesn't really fully compensate for the higher resolution screen. It is basically double the load on GPU due to double the number of pixels in Legion 5 Pro, so expect much lower fps on native resolution. But the upshot is that you're getting a much brighter display which will be much more enjoyable for text, movies anything basically. Decide if these positives are worth the 35k extra over the HP and take your call.

Good luck with your decision!
HP Victus will be released on August 20, 2021. Pre Order available now
This is a good find, I think this is the lowest price for Rtx 3060 + 5800H

HP Victus will be released on August 20, 2021. Pre Order available now
This is a good find, I think this is the lowest price for Rtx 3060 + 5800H
Yep lowest price indeed. It undercuts the TUF by a thousand or so (before card offers) but has a much better screen and (what appears to be) much better cooling. Only "con" is that this hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet - India is the first market they are launching this in afaik, and it'll slowly release across other countries. But it seems to be the same cooling solution from last year's Omen (4800H+2060), which was considered the best Ryzen 4000 gaming laptop. In any case, if reviews come out before your order ships and they are bad (ie throttling), you can always cancel the order (tho ofc with the caveat that there may not be discounts on other available laptops)

Yep lowest price indeed. It undercuts the TUF by a thousand or so (before card offers) but has a much better screen and (what appears to be) much better cooling. Only "con" is that this hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet - India is the first market they are launching this in afaik, and it'll slowly release across other countries. But it seems to be the same cooling solution from last year's Omen (4800H+2060), which was considered the best Ryzen 4000 gaming laptop. In any case, if reviews come out before your order ships and they are bad (ie throttling), you can always cancel the order (tho ofc with the caveat that there may not be discounts on other available laptops)
I have the TUF with the 4800H + RTX 2060 and had to pick it last year as it was the only AMD gaming laptop available at the time of purchase. I don't mind the screen as I use it with a monitor 99% of the time, but any laptop would offer a better screen than what Asus offers in the TUF range, not that it matters much if gaming is the primary use case because I don't find it jarring switching between my 99%% sRGB monitor and the Asus one for games.

Budget laptops will not have the best cooling solution but I found most of the reviews stating thermal throttling to be overblown. It didn't really throttle out of the box but since then I have modded it by adding additional copper heatsinks over the CPU, GPU; repasted it with Noctua NT-H1 and use a basic cooling pad which more than anything else raises the back and offers a bit better airflow with a single 140mm fan. Presently I have 3% higher CPU performance (stopped using Ryzen Controller to lower TDP) and 18% higher GPU performance compared to stock (switched to using the 115W vBIOS compared to the 90W stock with a custom curve) without any thermal throttling with CPU temperatures in the low 80s and GPU in the high 70s.

Long story short, it is easy to address most of the thermal throttling issues mentioned in reviews with a good setup.
Is there a major difference between RTX 3050ti 75W & RTX 3060 95w ?
The RTX 3050Ti seems to score about 6000 in Time Spy and the RTX 3060 about 7800, so it is at least a 30% difference. The 128-bit bus and 4 GB vRAM in 3050Ti makes a lot of difference.

For reference, the RTX 2060 in my laptop scored about 6200 out of the box (90W) and now scores about 7300 (115W).

Last edited:
I have the TUF with the 4800H + RTX 2060 and had to pick it last year as it was the only AMD gaming laptop available at the time of purchase. I don't mind the screen as I use it with a monitor 99% of the time, but any laptop would offer a better screen than what Asus offers in the TUF range, not that it matters much if gaming is the primary use case because I don't find it jarring switching between my 99%% sRGB monitor and the Asus one for games.

Budget laptops will not have the best cooling solution but I found most of the reviews stating thermal throttling to be overblown. It didn't really throttle out of the box but since then I have modded it by adding additional copper heatsinks over the CPU, GPU; repasted it with Noctua NT-H1 and use a basic cooling pad which more than anything else raises the back and offers a bit better airflow with a single 140mm fan. Presently I have 3% higher CPU performance (stopped using Ryzen Controller to lower TDP) and 18% higher GPU performance compared to stock (switched to using the 115W vBIOS compared to the 90W stock with a custom curve) without any thermal throttling with CPU temperatures in the low 80s and GPU in the high 70s.

Long story short, it is easy to address most of the thermal throttling issues mentioned in reviews with a good setup.

The RTX 3050Ti seems to score about 6000 in Time Spy and the RTX 3060 about 7800, so it is at least a 30% difference. The 128-bit bus and 4 GB vRAM in 3050Ti makes a lot of difference.

For reference, the RTX 2060 in my laptop scored about 6200 out of the box (90W) and now scores about 7300 (115W).
So GPU wattage can be increased through bios to get more performance and not locked by the manufacturer
Can it be done with victus hp as well?

So GPU wattage can be increased through bios to get more performance and not locked by the manufacturer
Depends on the part used. For example, I had the RTX 2060 Refresh in my laptop which is a 115W TGP part by design but was locked to 90W by Asus. I flashed a 115W vBIOS from MSI to unlock the full wattage. If Victus is using a higher wattage part, then you should be able to flash a vBIOS from another laptop that operates at the full wattage.

Yup, agreed but it is still nice to have a better out of the box experience.
Is there a major difference between RTX 3050ti 75W & RTX 3060 95w ?
Though the benchmarks will show a 25-35% difference in benchmarks, the real difference will be shown in gaming where the 4GB VRAM of the 3050Ti will become a pretty strong weakness - it is already losing to games of today to 1660Ti as soon as VRAM usage goes above 4GB, and that is starting to become increasingly common. I would recommend not skimping on the GPU if you intend to use the laptop for gaming for more than a couple of years (unless all you play are competitive shooters that is).
I don't mind the screen as I use it with a monitor 99% of the time, but any laptop would offer a better screen than what Asus offers in the TUF range, not that it matters much if gaming is the primary use case because I don't find it jarring switching between my 99%% sRGB monitor and the Asus one for games.
Agreed, but it's still nice to have the best one can buy in a given budget range. That paisa vasool feeling XD
Plus I'm sure you will notice the difference if you watch movies and shows regularly enough.
It will almost certainly be possible, but the thing about vbios flashes is that you will probably lose some ports - for eg, none of the vbioses I tried (including MSI, Asus, Dell, Clevo, Gigabyte, Sager, Other Acers, HP etc) supported mini-DP output, while only some (MSI, Gigabyte, Clevo) supported HDMI output. Basically I lost either one or both my display out ports depending on vbios (other than the one for my specific model ofc). Many a times vbioses will also give you incoreect temp or power readings, which will prevent your GPU from boosting at all - and this happened with every vbios for me apart from MSI ones (but I lost mini-DP out with them as well).
In the end, after fiddling and playing for 2 weeks with basically every 3060 laptop vbios I got my hands on, I settled on using the stock 105W vbios, as there was barely a 10% difference in games and benchmarks compared to 130W vbios, at the expense of significantly hotter temps (74C vs 82C). This is the case only for 3060 tho, other GPUs may scale better with more power. I noticed that there were next to zero gains to be had in performance going beyond 1850Mhz core clock, which I suspect is due to the limited 192 bit memory bus - and increasing memory clocks to +500 did scale performance till 1930Mhz, suggesting this is probably the case. In any case, I wouldn't recommend wasting time on vbios flashing if you are happy with the performance, at least with the 30 series GPUs. Only go for it if you need the extra performance (even at the expense of extra heat) or if you have an underpowered GPU.

Last edited:
d4a5da.JPG

thanks @TheCoolerPlayer , Ordered RTX 3060 model

Victus-by-HP-16-Ceramic-White-3 (1).jpg

this color not available on Amazon, really like the white color

Last edited:
Looking to buy Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop
but current pricing on Amazon and Flipkart is completely messed up

Any suggestions would be welcome

Budget 1.1L, can add more depend on model
A friend of mine recently bought the Asus Strix g15 AAA edition for gaming and it runs games like GTA 5 and Valorant smoothly. The processor in the Asus laptop is of a higher generation than what you're looking for and fits in your budget.

Back