X360 vs 20k upgrade for a computer

my SLI 8800GTX doesnt have the horses to run crysis at its full potential and new games coming out like COD5,Far cry 2 and many more.go needs to help me to run the game at their ultimate settings

^^^ If an PS3 can handle cod5 or Far Cry 2 then your 8800 surely can !!! Why haven't crysis released for the consoles ?? think !

^^ Crysis 2 will be on the console.

If you think consoles games don't look too good, try MGS4 and see the diff !

The main advantage of consoles is zero upgrade cost. Pay only for the games.

BF1983 said:
^^ Crysis 2 will be on the console.

nothing is announced yet...in all probability Crysis sqeuel will be on all 3 platforms, but Crytek had assured PC gamers that there will be 2 teams working on it, one for PC and other for consoles
So it will be dumbed down to be playable on consoles
So all console gamers can expect Crysis: Instincts :tongue: while we get Crysis 2

vegeta said:
Why haven't crysis released for the consoles ?? think !

Becuase PS3 and Xbox are housing age old like R600/modified 7*** series graphics cards which cant handle a behemoth like Crysis. All graphically advanced games in future will start looking worse on consoles, till PS4 or Xbox(whatever) comes

Though i spend in many thousands every couple of months but I will still suggest a casual gamer/user to upgrade to any of the console and have a troublefree experience, pay for only the games and keep on enjoying.....ofcourse a upgraded PC + console would be the ideal scenario....

^^ Shameless !!! :)

Now that I have both a console and a computer, I say the console is better IF you can afford to buy a lot of games. Since the games are expensive, I buy games rarely. On a PC, I can buy a lot more original games as new PC games < old Xbox 360 Games (mostly)

pcgamer said:
Becuase PS3 and Xbox are housing age old like R600/modified 7*** series graphics cards which cant handle a behemoth like Crysis. All graphically advanced games in future will start looking worse on consoles, till PS4 or Xbox(whatever) comes

That's exactly what i meant, in short ! Geforce8 series owns any console game anytime w/ appropriate amount of ram !

+ You get a decent cpu + mobo + 9600/Ati 4xxx + 2gb ram @ ~20k. My cinfig is 1+yr old and plays all the games @ max settings @ 1280x1024.

Being a PS3 owner i want to know how games like MGS4 and Uncharted can look so good even when it has outdated hardware ?

Forget about getting XBOX 360 from the grey market. With the high failure rates of these consoles, you will need the 3 year warranty. Also consider whether you are willing spend 1.8k+ on XBOX 360 titles

The RROD [ Red Ring of Death ] can be FIXED now ..There are many tricks to do that , the best is X-CLAMP .

I would recommend you to go for a X360 anyday ..Don't worry about the RROD anymore .

Back