XBox 360 Modding

techcraze

Disciple
I was about to buy a laptop for gaming around Rs 45000, but considering that the graphic card will be obsolete within a year or two, i thought of buying a combo of Rs. 25000 Xbox and A Rs 15000-20000 netbook. This would save my money and give more value.

My questions are:
1. I live in Surat. Where can I get a Modded Xbox 360..
2. I am completely new to Modding, so can anyone tell me how it is done, whether one buys a modded console or buy a new console and then gets it modded somewhere else...?
3. What is the estimated cost of modding....

1.Local Shops get it done from reputed modder only, members are here from Surat

2.Not easy if you aren't into soldering and hardware especially with newer drives, buy new console get it modded keep warranty sticker intact

3.In Mumbai its costs from 1.2k -3k i got it done for 3k since he is professional modder.

i personally own a xbox360 modded it myself

was a little simpler when i did it bout 2 years back.. now also its not that tough

if you have a budget of 25k why dont you buy a ps3 instead and jus use a modchip worth $5 ... much simpler and more capabilities in a PS3

:D

modchip? ps3? i thought the jailbreak was history now that the 3.42 firmware is out, also cuz apparently every new game requires 3.42 download... or is der another modchip for it?

tallyme said:
i personally own a xbox360 modded it myself
was a little simpler when i did it bout 2 years back.. now also its not that tough
if you have a budget of 25k why dont you buy a ps3 instead and jus use a modchip worth $5 ... much simpler and more capabilities in a PS3
:D
Do you mean that one can play pirated games wid that $5 chip installed?

techcraze said:
Do you mean that one can play pirated games wid that $5 chip installed?
Yes i mean xactly that ...but you have to be on firmware 3.41 or below ...which all of the existing retail units of the ps3 are on ...

btw you have to edit a param.sfo file and games requiring 3.42 are also playable using the modchip ;)

and it works out to 600bucks shipped(in india) for the usb pluggable dongle ..

hey guys, going to buy an LED TV soon and want a next gen. gaming console to replace my PS2.

360's cheap pirated games are available easily in my small town and about PS3 I have no idea whether it can be hacked or not.

So shall I get a used 360?? or a new latest 4GB model from ebay.in?? or a used PS3??

My budget is around 12k

how much does xbox mod cost?? can all the latest and old games be played on a modded xbox 360s 4gb??

is there any model of xbox that cannot be hacked ??

can xbox run movies , music, pics from external storages ??

yuvi63 said:
how much does xbox mod cost?? can all the latest and old games be played on a modded xbox 360s 4gb??

is there any model of xbox that cannot be hacked ??

can xbox run movies , music, pics from external storages ??
Xbox modding depends on the model, the older version had hitachi and samsung odds which could be easily flashed, however the newer arcade versions come with Liteon drivers and have onchip security features which require more hassle...

A professional modder can mod the older xbox versions for approx 1.5k whereas the newer arcade consoles take around 3k max to mod.

I would recommend you to not mod the xbox right now as the LT+ patch is going to be released in a month or so, once it is done get the whole thing modded so that you could still access Live and not be banned for life...

Also No, All xbox models can be modded(hacked is a very expressive term :D)

And yes, xbox can run all movies, music , pics from any usb or DVD drives that you own, although you would need to get the respective updates from Live for that.

tryZout said:
Xbox modding depends on the model, the older version had hitachi and samsung odds which could be easily flashed, however the newer arcade versions come with Liteon drivers and have onchip security features which require more hassle...

A professional modder can mod the older xbox versions for approx 1.5k whereas the newer arcade consoles take around 3k max to mod.

I would recommend you to not mod the xbox right now as the LT+ patch is going to be released in a month or so, once it is done get the whole thing modded so that you could still access Live and not be banned for life...

Also No, All xbox models can be modded(hacked is a very expressive term :D)

And yes, xbox can run all movies, music , pics from any usb or DVD drives that you own, although you would need to get the respective updates from Live for that.

can it play movies in hd? specially mkv?

^Nope atleast not till now...It can run avi movies if you have a xbix hdd or storage>128mb...I couldn't get it to run on mine with 64mb memory unit...

Back