XBOX 360 or PS3

achadha7

Disciple
I currently have a PS 2 and play mostly games like black on it, I used to have the XBOX (original) in the us and loved halo & wolfenstien on it.
I am looking to get either the XBOX 360 or the PS 3, Dont know how live gaming will work on my 256K MTNL connection, Can you play online if you have a *MODDED* XBOX 360 with the games from Palika ?
Which console has a bigger lib of games like Call of duty / Black / Halo etc I am not into the fantasy / anime / GOW type os fames
Please help
Also is it better to get the console from singapore of buy it here ?:huh:

no you cannot play online with a modded x360. also with it modded, you will have no warranty, and it's better to have warranty because of hardware failures.

i would suggest a 360,because in terms of gaming, both PS3 and x360 are similiar, but the games are much cheaper for 360

PS3 > Nintendo Wii > Xbox 360 Period.

PS3 - Professional Gaming , with high end graphics.

No mod. out as of now , from what I've heard with a few sources , it is in development. No I don't know exactly what type of mod , but there will be one in the coming future.

Wii - All new aspect gaming and really really a lot of fun!

You can get it modded and easily play the modded games.

Xbox 360 - Waste of money! Get it modded , play online and your screwed! Permanent Ban from XBOX Live and getting updates and everything , due to which you won't even be able to play games which require an update in the future.

So if you have enough cash , go for the Playstation 3. If you are on a budget and want something new and a lot of fun , go for the Nintendo Wii , you won't regret it.

go for the PS3 it rocks.....................many exclusive titles coming in 09-10.....it plays blueray-dvd etc......if ur a movie buff buy the ps3 from singapore cos u will have ntsc j console which will let u play bluerays from US....and all the Bluerays available in india are region free even indian movie dvds are region free so u will have no problem playing them also PSN is free ,uu can download demos before buying the game and check it.Ps3 has a harddisk.if u have the money jus go for the ps3.the ps3 even has very low failure rates

VaRz said:
if one buys a PS3 from India, will the Games from US work in it??

Yes they will.

If you game on your PC as well, I would suggest getting a PS3.

If you do not have a powerful PC, maybe you could get the Xbox 360.

90% of the games are common between the PS3 and Xbox 360. But the Xbox is cheaper and so are the games.

The thing is, a majority of the remaining 10% for the Xbox 360 come to the PC sooner or later.

even though the PS3 is marginally better than the XBOX 360 on a few accounts esp the BR support I might just suggest you purchase the XBOX 360..

the simple reason being : N A T A L..

I'm not sure when natal is gonna be out but have a feeling it'll soon given the sudden surge in media hype in the recent past. Natal is just too cool a gamin experience.. search on youtube for "project natal" if you do not know what i'm talking about..

now natal will be compatible with the current XBOX 360 whenever it comes out..

just my 2c

^^ There's PS Eye and Stick like wii for PS3 , since long time

also even if natalmay be better than PS Eye But it doesnt have that Stick Feeling while playing Golf or Mario Cart ( on PS3 or wii )

PS3 games may be costlier but not in long term , it is one time investment .

regarding exclusives , Xbox exclusives will have released for PC , but PS3 Exclusives are only and only for PS3 .

we get better gfx from x360 in games , but PS3 is capable of giving FullHD1080p not i for movies/Blueray , it Upscales in real time too . PS3 can take media from DLNA server automatically , and overall it is a complete media package perfect for living room .

sickizblank said:
Xbox 360 - Waste of money! Get it modded , play online and your screwed! Permanent Ban from XBOX Live and getting updates and everything , due to which you won't even be able to play games which require an update in the future.

so it's a waste because you get banned if you're modded? i have a brilliant idea, dont get it modded :)

If you have a fairly powerful gaming PC, then don't even consider the XBOX 360. There are very few quality exclusives for the 360 and its its even fewer these days. Most 360 games come out for PC too. PS3 is far better in this aspect. There are decent number of exclusives and many of them are of exceptional quality and console sellers by themselves.

also note : multi plateform games generally dont look good on PS3 (as they are first made for x360 and then ported to PS3 ) [converse would be true for PS2 and xbox ] but Exclusive Games for Ps3 Look Downright Sexy , I recently got KillZone 2 , but unfortunately i have seizure issues , anyways the grafix seems awsome

udayrulz said:
Xbox 360 if you plan to play online . Playstation Network is nowhere close to Xbox live ..

So the Xbox Live has some extra features over the PSN, but its nothing special really. Both do their jobs fine. I've never experienced lag or anything like that and the PSN arcade and store is awesome.

Also, when it comes to the variety of games...PSN > Xbox Live.

Halo 3 is the flagship of Xbox Live, PSN counters it R1, R2, and KZ2. What else does it have besides Gears? PS3 has MGO, Warhawk, SOCOM, upcoming Uncharted 2's MP. You won't get this quality of TPS's on Live. When it comes to racing games, PSN has the Motorstorm franchise which again Live has no answer to.

Not to mention M.A.G and 2 MMORPGS (FF14 and DC Universe) next year.

earned 1st trophie on kz2 , offtopic : ^^ dude you have killzone 2 ? i am adding you in my friends list .

topic : The XMB is more pleasing to eye than the xbox tacky coloured tab bars .(it is a personal openion but majority likes it ) and What is the actual advantage for Live over PSN ?

Both can do multiplayers dont they?

Ambar said:
so it's a waste because you get banned if you're modded? i have a brilliant idea, dont get it modded :)
The thread starter actually mentioned the 'modding' part in his first post hence I wrote that.

Anyway , just google for the comparison between the two consoles , you will get a clear answer. :)

if you dont mod an xbox then its useless -_-

xbox, using dvds to store games can be ripped easily so why not take advantage of that...:p

cuz if u keep buying original games then u can only buy limited amt. of games whereas you can buy unlimited pirated ones....they cost like 100 bucks

Back