Xbox Series X available at Reliance Digital

Have been looking for a Series X on and off. Just tried today and saw it was available on the Reliance Digital site. Ordered one and got the confirmation message with delivery date of Wed/Thur. My first time ordering on RD, let's see if it comes through.
congrats bro :angelic:

Thought communism was on the decline in India and capitalism on the rise, guess this site has been going in the reverse. 20% over cost is 'scalping'...remember when I brought over a Radeon 1800XT for someone here at a small 15% charge and they turned around and resold it for a 60% markup, this when I was earning $7/hr as a student and the extra money would have mattered,no one called the other names, that's how a market economy works.Anyhow GLTA, this is all trivial stuff while I am back here on vacay, anything less than $100 was simply not even worth my time is all. Love the self righteous misguided anger from noobs.

Everyone has the right to capitalize on anything BUT you don't have to think you're doing the world a favor. The buyer has every right to criticize your expected price as much as you have the right to quote whatever you want. Consoles are comparatively easy to come across on sale for MRP compared to GPUs right now. So buying it through a seller who wants more than what they paid for it makes absolutely no sense unless you have money to throw.

EOD it's the buyer who decides your fate if you'll get your quoted price or not, NOT YOU. Even if you manage to sell at whatever mark-up you wanted, it's still the buyer who has to agree on it or your precious time/product will lie with you forever. Do remember you're selling it in the first place because you have no use for it. You've already invested in it and the buyer has not. So it'll be your loss if it doesn't sell on time.

Thought communism was on the decline in India and capitalism on the rise, guess this site has been going in the reverse. 20% over cost is 'scalping'...remember when I brought over a Radeon 1800XT for someone here at a small 15% charge and they turned around and resold it for a 60% markup, this when I was earning $7/hr as a student and the extra money would have mattered,no one called the other names, that's how a market economy works.Anyhow GLTA, this is all trivial stuff while I am back here on vacay, anything less than $100 was simply not even worth my time is all. Love the self righteous misguided anger from noobs.
Ok. Lol. I can't believe you brought the capitalism vs communism debate here.

It's just that regular forum members are here to discuss stuff and benefit off each other, not to leech off other members. You will loose respect in this community if you scalp.

Anyway, you have every right to put your price. We have every right to criticize. Our criticism is neither misguided nor are we noobs. Just because you are budda, you won't get respect, that time is long gone.

I hope you are aware of the global pushback against scalping. Even in olx, scalper ads are being reported and taken down and here you are trying to scalp in TE. There is nothing redeemable in your POV and not even one person is going to support you here.

Cheers and Good luck to you too.

Last edited:
Ok. Lol. I can't believe you brought the capitalism vs communism debate here.

It's just that regular forum members are here to discuss stuff and benefit off each other, not to leech off other members. You will loose respect in this community if you scalp.

Anyway, you have every right to put your price. We have every right to criticize. Our criticism is neither misguided nor are we noobs. Just because you are budda, you won't get respect, that time is long gone.

I hope you are aware of the global pushback against scalping. Even in olx, scalper ads are being reported and taken down and here you are trying to scalp in TE.
TE Marketplace has always been free. Even the rules state that you can only post links with price of stuff available for sale at a lower price. Apart from that, any suggestions regarding price have to be made through PM. Why can't you guys stop bullying sellers and just follow the rules yourself. Are buyers only members of the forum, not the sellers. Everytime a seller posts something, he/she gets bullied over price. If you say, that one shouldn't sell over the price the seller bought it for, then why do buyers always expect depreciation as well. Shouldn't they help out their fellow forum members and buy their used products as their purchased price. But no, people are ready to accept the free market principle of depreciation, but not of appreciation which doesn't happen usually in case of electronics, but it has happened this time for whatever reason. So either accept both principles or none. A seller has the right to price their product at whatever rate they want without getting bullied. You can make price suggestions with valid links in the thread or polite suggestions through PM. These are the rules whether you like them or not.

TE Marketplace has always been free. Even the rules state that you can only post links with price of stuff available for sale at a lower price. Apart from that, any suggestions regarding price have to be made through PM. Why can't you guys stop bullying sellers and just follow the rules yourself. Are buyers only members of the forum, not the sellers. Everytime a seller posts something, he/she gets bullied over price. If you say, that one shouldn't sell over the price the seller bought it for, then why do buyers always expect depreciation as well. Shouldn't they help out their fellow forum members and buy their used products as their purchased price. But no, people are ready to accept the free market principle of depreciation, but not of appreciation which doesn't happen usually in case of electronics, but it has happened this time for whatever reason. So either accept both principles or none. A seller has the right to price their product at whatever rate they want without getting bullied. You can make price suggestions with valid links in the thread or polite suggestions through PM. These are the rules whether you like them or not.
Of course, he is free to price but we also have right to criticize his pricing. I did not bully him on his thread, negotiate price with him nor mention price numbers in his thread. So I haven't broken any rule.

We also did not mention members name in any of the posts here in this thread, nor did we personally bully him.

Our point was, don't expect respect if you want to be a scalper who sells above mrp. Please note that mrp is not an arbitrary concept.

We were ok to buy at his purchase price and help him out, it was only the fact that he wanted to sell at higher than his purchase price that got him flack.

In my experience, We criticize people who bargain even more than we criticize people who price high so no, this is not buyers forum.

Last edited:
Of course, he is free to price but we also have right to criticize his pricing. I did not bully him on his thread, negotiate price with him nor mention price numbers in his thread. So I haven't broken any rule.

We also did not mention members name in any of the posts here in this thread, nor did we personally bully him.

Our point was, don't expect respect if you want to be a scalper who sells above mrp. Please note that mrp is not an arbitrary concept.

We were ok to buy at his purchase price and help him out, it was only the fact that he wanted to sell at higher than his purchase price that got him flack.

In my experience, We criticize people who bargain even more than we criticize people who price high so no, this is not buyers forum.
No, you are not free to criticize a seller's pricing. That's not why there is a market place in the forum. That's not why a seller makes a thread. Why can't it be kept simple, like it has always been. Why bully a seller by criticizing him and that too rudely, the way we have seen people do. Calling someone a scalper, is just like calling someone names. People have always paid higher prices for exclusive stuff on this forum, whether bought from dealers or members. The rules are there just so that people don't use these criticizing tactics to bully sellers but people are so hell bent on breaking rules in the heat of emotion that they just don't stop. If you keep ranting about these non-issues over here, it is only gonna give more impetus to people who keep breaking the rules. The stance of the forum admins is pretty clear about this and they have re-iterated it time and again that they want to keep the marketplace as free as possible.

No, you are not free to criticize a seller's pricing. That's not why there is a market place in the forum. That's not why a seller makes a thread. Why can't it be kept simple, like it has always been. Why bully a seller by criticizing him and that too rudely, the way we have seen people do. Calling someone a scalper, is just like calling someone names. People have always paid higher prices for exclusive stuff on this forum, whether bought from dealers or members. The rules are there just so that people don't use these criticizing tactics to bully sellers but people are so hell bent on breaking rules in the heat of emotion that they just don't stop. If you keep ranting about these non-issues over here, it is only gonna give more impetus to people who keep breaking the rules. The stance of the forum admins is pretty clear about this and they have re-iterated it time and again that they want to keep the marketplace as free as possible.
Bro, "Scalper" is word assigned in English to what that seller tried to pull off. It is not an insult. Do check the definition of scalper.

I think the Mods need to move all the pricing stuff to that dedicated thread.
While I don't subscribe to folks bullying any seller on pricing, I am curious as to how does one end up buying an extra 50k console by "accident" ?

Bro, "Scalper" is word assigned in English to what that seller tried to pull off. It is not an insult. Do check the definition of scalper.

Yep. Literally.

someone who buys things, such as theater tickets, at the usual prices and then sells them, when they are difficult to get, at much higher prices:
A scalper offered me a $20 ticket for the concert for $90.

If you find it an insult, then maybe that's your conscience tugging at you. Cause what you are doing is very much the literal definition of scalping.

In the context of reselling goods during this pandemic, 'scalper' has become a derogatory term because it was popularized in mainstream (western) media by capitalists prioritizing personal profit over the healthcare of humanity in general.

However, as a medical professional, I do not consider reselling nonessential goods over mrp as scalping. Perhaps its because I lived through the customs notified shops era and in isolated areas where mrp had no meaning.

I am curious as to how does one end up buying an extra 50k console by "accident" ?

It's simple, for reselling purposes. It's actually very common in the west – first, buy one for yourself. Then if you can, buy another to resell at a profit, to lower your own purchase cost. It seems strange to us, but over there it's actually very common. You see even gargantuan youtube channels like LTT casually mention buying multiple five-figure cameras and being undecided on whether to keep them or resell some/all. Not return, but resell.

I used to resell phones bought from US, mostly on Erodov and OLX as well. And I used to make profit at every sale because that was my way of making money at that time.
All I was doing, every single member on the forum could do as well. But instead they were ready to pay a higher price than what I paid for, because they didn't want to go through the hassle. Technically, even I was a scalper. There were a few other members doing this as well. It is nothing different from what this guy was doing in his thread. A sale goes through, only if there is demand and supply for it. That's how free markets work. If a guy is quoting higher price than what he bought it for, then the product will only sell if there is demand for that at that high price. If not, then the seller will either close the thread or lower his/her price. Why is there a need to force his/her hand and then think that it is not bullying. People have paid over a lakh for iPhones to me. The extra price was for all the hassle of standing all night in line and then shipping via expedited shipping from US. Like @rsaeon has mentioned above this is more than normal everywhere as the person has gone through the extra steps to procure the item and feels the need to be compensated for his/her time and effort. These are non-essential items and no one is being forced to buy them at the quoted price.

Yes so that is not an accident. Folks giving reasons for sale as bought extra by mistake or accident are trying to work around the fact that resellers are not actually allowed here.
See, again you are making your own rules. Reselling stuff bought from this very forum is not allowed. Reselling stuff procured from elsewhere is completely allowed as cleared by mods and admins earlier when they banned Jaydip for reselling stuff bought from this very forum.

Reselling stuff procured from elsewhere is completely allowed as cleared by mods and admins earlier.
Where is this mentioned ? If you read the rule, it simply says resellers are not allowed. Let the Mods clarify that instead of making your own assumptions.
That does not still explain to me as to why they would mention the reason for sale as "bought by accident". Why don't they have the guts to say the reason as "selling for profit" ? Hell, that would even stop the price bullying.

Last edited:
Back