Xbox360 or PS3 from a PC Gamers prespective

Arun1 said:
Hey guys there's a pretty decent offer for ps3 slim for ~14k but he's from gurgaon and I'm pondering over whether to get something like a ps3 shipped or not!

What are the chances for a price cut any time soon given the 360 slim is coming up.
There are no slated price cuts for the PS3 anytime soon given that the 360 S rolled out. Perhaps the 360 S was released due to the PS3 slim - the lack of onboard wifi, the hard drive with a higher capacity and the dreaded RROD issues paved the way for it.

Get the PS3 slim from Sushant - it is a good deal and I assume there's some warranty left. :)

OH! So the 14k deal is for Sushant's PS3?

Then I think it's a kick-ass offer. AFAIK, he has hardly played that many games on the console. I think it had warranty till next 7 months, so it's a pretty good deal.

matoind said:
XBOX if you want to MOD for pirated games. Otherwise PS3.
Majority of people who own an Xbox 360 are there because of piracy. But once they realize that they need 1080p quality gaming , then there is no option apart from the PS3

zero cool..just put some refrence . ...games are upscaled for xbox for 1080p

but i never saw any game of ps3 upscaled for 1080p...ps3 all games are 720p..........

kk okay my latest case with ps3 that they never game my game cd back..and what about 1 year warranty only on ps3. and xbox replacement or refurbished for atleast 3 years ...

kk do you know guys know 1 month gold membership everytime u make a new online for xbox live..................that even free multiplayer gaming.

kk do you guys have hint about best multiplayer gaming its still xbox.............

kk price considering ...okay u buy xbox game gears of war 2 for 2499 u finished the game now.........and now you can go for multiplayer gaming where you will find lot of players.

kk okay u buy ....god of war 3...now you finished the game ...now you have sell it as there is no multiplayer

Didn't expect getting myself a PS3 so soon! Sushant's PS3 slim unfortunately has gone to somebody else :-/ Nonetheless,I'm saying goodbye to my plans of a 5770 :p

Arun1 said:
Didn't expect getting myself a PS3 so soon! Sushant's PS3 slim unfortunately has gone to somebody else :-/ Nonetheless,I'm saying goodbye to my plans of a 5770 :p

Congrats in advance. You won't regret the decision. Have you ordered it already?

Arun1 said:
That somebody's me. :D

Yep. He'd be giving me MGS4 along with it. +HDMI cable, +Optical cable. :)

btw i've made partial payment to him right now, will be picking up the console this weekend from him, will pay the rest then on the spot itself. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ Arun,
hehehehe. Sorry brother. I made him hold it for a whole one week for me. It took a complete week for me to decide and finaly the temptation made me buy it today. :p

Zero Cool said:
Majority of people who own an Xbox 360 are there because of piracy. But once they realize that they need 1080p quality gaming , then there is no option apart from the PS3
No PS3 game is 1080p - all are 720p. Honestly as far as pure gaming hardware is concerned, the XBOX is a hell lotta better. Graphics of cross platform titles are much better on xbox than ps3 simply because it has good anisotropic filtering and antialiasing. PS3's graphics look antique in comparison.

However as far as quality of games and overall capabilities are concerned, the PS3 kills the XBOX - especially if you have access to a good gaming PC.

I own a PS3 but I'm not a fanboy. If its purely for gaming and you don't have a very high end gaming PC, the xbox is a better buy.

anshul_coolguy said:
zero cool..just put some refrence . ...games are upscaled for xbox for 1080p

but i never saw any game of ps3 upscaled for 1080p...ps3 all games are 720p..........

PS3 games are also easily upscaled to 1080p and there is nothing great about upscaling. On the other hand there are a few (non intensive) games that run native at 1080p on PS3. You would rarely see a game that runs native at 720p+ on XBOX 360.

anshul_coolguy said:
kk okay my latest case with ps3 that they never game my game cd back..and what about 1 year warranty only on ps3. and xbox replacement or refurbished for atleast 3 years ...

The extended warranty on XBOX 360 covers only RROD and had to be provided by MS because of the high failure rate of XBOX 360's The regular warranty is still 1 year.

anshul_coolguy said:
kk do you know guys know 1 month gold membership everytime u make a new online for xbox live..................that even free multiplayer gaming.

1 Month free Gold membership is not equal to free membership and multi-player by any standard. You are high on weed if you expect people to create a new account every time their 30 gold trail membership runs out. Makes the entire idea of a XLive id and membership pointless. In any case The xlive membership often borders ridiculousness. Often times, You need a gold membership to even download demos of popular games. How uncool is that.

anshul_coolguy said:
kk do you guys have hint about best multiplayer gaming its still xbox.............

There are many gamers like me in this world who don't bother playing online. So multi-player is not going to make a life and death difference for such people. I have both XBOX 360 Elite and PS3, but after my 1 month gold membership expired I never bothered to get it renewed. Frankly If I ever want to play a multi player game, I would prefer to use my PC for it. I would rather play a single player RPG, Sandbox game or Action game in my own time than having to listen 12 year kids on XBOX Live scream obscenities at the full capacity of their lungs.

anshul_coolguy said:
kk price considering ...okay u buy xbox game gears of war 2 for 2499 u finished the game now.........and now you can go for multiplayer gaming where you will find lot of players.

As I said before, not a lot of people have time nor patience for multi-player. You are under the misconception that gaming is multi-player. Gaming != Multi-player

anshul_coolguy said:
kk okay u buy ....god of war 3...now you finished the game ...now you have sell it as there is no multiplayer
You buy a PS3 game for 2499/-, play it for a week or two. If you want to play multi-player, keep it, if not sell it off for 2200/-. Try getting similar value on a 360 game.

Lord Nemesis said:
PS3 games are also easily upscaled to 1080p and there is nothing great about upscaling. On the other hand there are a few (non intensive) games that run native at 1080p on PS3. You would rarely see a game that runs native at 720p+ on XBOX 360.

The extended warranty on XBOX 360 covers only RROD and had to be provided by MS because of the high failure rate of XBOX 360's The regular warranty is still 1 year.

1 Month free Gold membership is not equal to free membership and multi-player by any standard. You are high on weed if you expect people to create a new account every time their 30 gold trail membership runs out. Makes the entire idea of a XLive id and membership pointless. In any case The xlive membership often borders ridiculousness. Often times, You need a gold membership to even download demos of popular games. How uncool is that.

There are many gamers like me in this world who don't bother playing online. So multi-player is not going to make a life and death difference for such people. I have both XBOX 360 Elite and PS3, but after my 1 month gold membership expired I never bothered to get it renewed. Frankly If I ever want to play a multi player game, I would prefer to use my PC for it. I would rather play a single player RPG, Sandbox game or Action game in my own time than having to listen 12 year kids on XBOX Live scream obscenities at the full capacity of their lungs.

As I said before, not a lot of people have time nor patience for multi-player. You are under the misconception that gaming is multi-player. Gaming != Multi-player
You buy a PS3 game for 2499/-, play it for a week or two. If you want to play multi-player, keep it, if not sell it off for 2200/-. Try getting similar value on a 360 game.
^^ + 10000

dhruvrock2000 said:
I really dont get the issues that people have with the controller. Having used the 360 , i find the DS3 much more comfortable. I thought that the 360 controller was a bit too big :/
exactly my opinion

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Chaos said:
No PS3 game is 1080p - all are 720p.

GT5 is going to change that

Honestly as far as pure gaming hardware is concerned, the XBOX is a hell lotta better.

you are wrong abt the hardware

Graphics of cross platform titles are much better on xbox than ps3 simply because it has good anisotropic filtering and antialiasing. PS3's graphics look antique in comparison.

they are not better because of antialiasing,they are better because 360 is used as the lead platform

antialiasing comes later

brickhouse said:
you are wrong abt the hardware

they are not better because of antialiasing,they are better because 360 is used as the lead platform

antialiasing comes later

360 has significantly better GPU and PS3 has better CPU. But the thing is that all of 360 hardware is easily accessible to developers and development has much in common with PC game programming. The PS3 CPU is considerably different and requires dedicated work from studios like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica to get the most out of it. Without that sort of special attention, the comparison ends up being a Tri Core PPC CPU on 360 vs Single core PPC CPU on PS3. A multi-platform developer targeting PC, 360 and PS3 would always end up choosing 360/PC as lead platform and make a quick port to PS3. So other than in the hands of PS3 dedicated developers, the cell broadband engine is nothing more than a single core PPC CPU. Whats amazing is that often times the PS3 version remains as good as 360 version despite 360 being the lead platform. Maybe its an indication that CPU's are under utilized in such games.

Having played on all 3, personally i like the 360 controller and find the ps3 controller too cramped mainly because i enjoy playing gears and halo on the 360 (they are extremely addictive games especially multiplayer, horde and system link matches). PS3 the games and interfaces seem really neat and polished compared to the 360 and somehow graphics do seem crisper to me especially games like uncharted, KZ2 and God of War III. Right now my weekends are taken up by the 360 with multiplayer sessions with friends

Back