Graphic Cards Xfx 4850 1gb gddr3

@ haider_up32

i knw it doesnt .. but seeing so many problem with msi and others + never ever facing any problems with any of my XFX cards for last 5 years .. decided to buy XFX !

@Amien

thnx for teh advise ... Gigabyte superb460watt is the least i will going for ... i want to go for crossair if it comes atmost for 3k ... but its just 400watt ... ati site says 450watt recommended ... so am a little doubtful abt it ... and just 1 more things .. this cards power requirements are very very very less .. !

Can someone plz tell me .. if i have the bill ( from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ) for this gcard that i bpught in america .. will i get warranty in india ?

Himanshunegi198 said:
i dont have anything else in my case ... i mean just mobo , processor with its fan , 1 hdd , 1 dvd drive ,,1 pci rair card .. dats all i have .. so i guess this 460 watt wld do it for me ... + it will be gud for my UPS as 460 watt + 45watt ( for 22" sammy lcd monitor) = almost 500watt ( APC UPS ) i think it will give gud gud back back !!
thxn guyz !

The power usage of ur comp will never reach 460W :bleh:

See mine, its 132-136 at idle with the 4850 and at load i think ~270. And this includes monitor. :eek:hyeah:

So, ur 460W will have lots to spare.

The UPS i guess u are confusing VA with Watts. I guess u have APC 500VA model which is 300W model. It might not be sufficent to handle 4850 while gaming. Mine didn't work while gaming due to too much load.

U can think upgrading ur UPS or give it a try. But dnt game while power is gone till u upgrade. :p

i knw it doesnt .. but seeing so many problem with msi and others + never ever facing any problems with any of my XFX cards for last 5 years .. decided to buy XFX !

Its just matter of time;sometimes you just become too unlucky

Gigabyte superb460watt is the least i will going for ... i want to go for crossair if it comes atmost for 3k ... but its just 400watt ... ati site says 450watt recommended ... so am a little doubtful abt it

check this link for any power requirement doubt you have

... and just 1 more things .. this cards power requirements are very very very less .. !

wake up dude; are you sleeping or what;this is 4850 - one of infamous power hungry card-don't gamble

Can someone plz tell me .. if i have the bill ( from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ) for this gcard that i bpught in america .. will i get warranty in india ?

NO - no international warranty; you need to ship your card to usa to claim the RMA

@hellboy THNX !!

@satyanjoy

as u said it is very power hungry i was checking some stuff for it ,, nowi ainta guru with these stuff ,, but i have heard reviews on youtube and anandtech .com that card stays at 45 when not under load and around 80+ with full load ,, dats pretty cool for me + they have mentiones it very clearly that the carduses very less power !!!

ANd NO INTERNATIONAL warranty .....toooo bad 4 me !!!

but i have heard reviews on youtube and anandtech .com that card stays at 45 when not under load and around 80+ with full load ,, dats pretty cool for me + they have mentiones it very clearly that the carduses very less power !!!
- don't get carried away by International Review - for them a psu for a gaming machine is any good reputated 80+ 700w+ PSU. Check the PSU they are using for those review and benchmarking - most of them will use top class 1000w psu. For them 40w @idle and 80w@load is nothing. Whereas you want to use a zebby or iball 450w - here 40w/80w is a real difference maker

ANd NO INTERNATIONAL warranty .....toooo bad 4 me !!!

check with the TE registered dealers for any future requirement- you will get a very good deal which you can only dream with local dealers.

good luck

Doesn't anyone here use a 2nd psu?

i was using a 2nd psu in my system to power my 1950gt for almost a year till i upgraded the mobo.

It's almost a no-brainer, all you have to do is run a pair of wires from the green and black on the primary psu's 20/24-pin connector to the same on the secondary psu's and it will turn on and off wih the primary.

much cheaper option than getting one big and expensive psu. you will need room to keep it somewhere in your case though, so figure out the dimensions beforehand.

Julian said:
Doesn't anyone here use a 2nd psu?

i was using a 2nd psu in my system to power my 1950gt for almost a year till i upgraded the mobo.

It's almost a no-brainer, all you have to do is run a pair of wires from the green and black on the primary psu's 20/24-pin connector to the same on the secondary psu's and it will turn on and off wih the primary.

much cheaper option than getting one big and expensive psu. you will need room to keep it somewhere in your case though, so figure out the dimensions beforehand.

this is an unorthodox approach which is not recommended generally; remember cheap is not always good

someone help me plz ... i got my card yesterday .. when i plugged it in to my computer ,.,, there is display .. but i cant read of it .. all the wrong colors at teh wrong places .. lines vertcally and horizontally .. .. . ic ant even read or open up my pc

I reverted back to xfx .. they said it might be a PSU fault ... i went to frnds place and put in a cooler master 600watt .. but still same shit .
Does someone here knws wt the hell is wrong with the card .. is it the psu or the card ,,
And also fi its the card .. can someone tell me if we have XFX support in india ..
i went to Nehru palace in dlehi .. those guyz said there is no XFX support in india .. But i checked on ebay.in .. there is a dealer in bombay who is givin this card for 11993 with 3 yrs warranty ...
IS THERE A XFX SUPPORT CENTER IN INDIA?
ANyone here knws a guy who fixes the g card .. !!
thnx !

Himanshunegi198 said:
someone help me plz ... i got my card yesterday .. when i plugged it in to my computer ,.,, there is display .. but i cant read of it .. all the wrong colors at teh wrong places .. lines vertcally and horizontally .. .. . ic ant even read or open up my pc

I reverted back to xfx .. they said it might be a PSU fault ... i went to frnds place and put in a cooler master 600watt .. but still same shit .

Does someone here knws wt the hell is wrong with the card .. is it the psu or the card ,,

And also fi its the card .. can someone tell me if we have XFX support in india ..

i went to Nehru palace in dlehi .. those guyz said there is no XFX support in india .. But i checked on ebay.in .. there is a dealer in bombay who is givin this card for 11993 with 3 yrs warranty ...

IS THERE A XFX SUPPORT CENTER IN INDIA?

ANyone here knws a guy who fixes the g card .. !!

thnx !

XFX is distributed by Rashi peripherals in India and they provide all the support for the cards imported by them and sold here India.

In your case you need to send it back to USA for the replacement.

what change do you made to your pc before and after installing the graphcis cards ( driver remove ad installations, connecting power cable properly)

@satyanjoy, yaar .. i did go to there office in nehru palace today .. they said since they dont have the the Rashi peripherals warranty sticker on it .. it will not b replaced by them.

They kept saying go to your dealer who sold you this card ... + i dont think they have ever seen this king of card ,, when i took out my card from the bag .. they were like what is this ! anhow !

DO u think , if i ask them to get it replaced on my behalf from XFX , will they b able to do it ? I can also pay them for this !! But can it be done ... i doubt !

Himanshunegi198 said:
@satyanjoy, yaar .. i did go to there office in nehru palace today .. they said since they dont have the the Rashi peripherals warranty sticker on it .. it will not b replaced by them.

They kept saying go to your dealer who sold you this card ... + i dont think they have ever seen this king of card ,, when i took out my card from the bag .. they were like what is this ! anhow !

DO u think , if i ask them to get it replaced on my behalf from XFX , will they b able to do it ? I can also pay them for this !! But can it be done ... i doubt !

READ my last reply..I repeat READ READ READ

i am soory .. i have confusion ..

"XFX is distributed by Rashi peripherals in India and they provide all the support for the cards imported by them and sold here India.

In your case you need to send it back to USA for the replacement."

so does dat mean they will have to accept it ??Am asking again .. bcoz i went there today and they said no !

By the way .. i did not made any changes .. i plugged the card in .. it was not working ,, took it to my frnds place wasnt even working in there !

It means that they will RMA those cards which were imported by them only and for recognition they paste a sticker on these products. Any card bought else where will not eligible for RMA thru Rashi.

satyanjoy said:
this is an unorthodox approach which is not recommended generally; remember cheap is not always good

sorry to take the thread O/T, but why is it unorthodox? servers have multiple psus all the time, and sometimes cheap IS good.

@Himanshu Try contacting xfx usa directly and explain the problem to them. see if they can arrange for rashi to accept the card from you on a chargeable basis atleast. atleast try this option before you send it to the us directly.

rashi have become quite arrogant wrt customer service these days, so don't expect much from them.

"XFX is distributed by Rashi peripherals in India and they provide all the support for the cards imported by them and sold here India.

In your case you need to send it back to USA for the replacement."

In your case the importer of the card is YOU- so its your own responsibility for the RMA- you need to contact XFX usa for further assistance.

By the way .. i did not made any changes .. i plugged the card in .. it was not working ,, took it to my frnds place wasnt even working in there !

Are you kidding me ???

1. Have you enable pci 16x graphics in the bios

2. What graphics card you using previously ? For any graphics card/onboard graphics other then the current model - you need to follow this procedure >>

i) Uninstall the current graphics driver

ii) Restart the PC in safe mode and use guru 3d Driver Sweeper (select only the previous brand (nvidia,ati,intel etc -whatever the previous graphics you have) from the list appears)to clean

iv) shutdown the pc and insert the new card and dont forget to plug the power cable (PEG) and check whether it is properly installed or not.

v) start your pc and install the latest driver for the particular card of yours

Download Driver Sweeper from here

Download latest ATI driver from here

Don't be panic - I hope your card is not faulted ; be patient and follow the steps carefully

Julian said:
sorry to take the thread O/T, but why is it unorthodox? servers have multiple psus all the time, and sometimes cheap IS good.

yeah read your own line "servers", "sometimes"

Himanshunegi198 said:

Definitely the card problem.

drivers n stuff wont solve it(if u can manage that somehow with the garbled display)

rashi dosent really "repair" the cards..say if ur card develops faults n u go to rashi..the take it n tell u to return after a few days...then they will offer u some other card(read someone else's(Mr. x) card, same model)..if u r lucky, the problem which Mr. x had wont show in ur pc....but if it dosent work, its one more trip for you..n the same loop repeats over and over again unless u get a brand new card/or u get the money. (for ppl reading this:is it the same with other warranty providers too?)

ya and as suggested above, your first step should be to email xfx USA.if the reply is no, then u gotta pay to send the card to US n back..whew!

P.S. i do feel sorry for you.

I still beleive its the driver issue. I RMA'd my humble MSI 8800GT and got a MSI 4850 1GB GDDR3 card. I cleaned up every nvidia driver, except Nvidia Physx. The card was working fine for one day. Then from the next day onward the screen would freeze after windows welcome screen. And at times it would freeze even on the BIOS screen. Then i used a friends' nvidia card to uninstall Phsyx(since you can't uninstall PhysX from safe mode). Did a complete driver cleanup and installed the latest drivers downloaded from ATI(the one in CD was too old and buggy). Now, everything is fixed and clean. Not a single issue for the past 3 weeks :).. Btw.,which mobo do u use?

if u have even a little idea of pc architecture, u'll know that
BIOS is the very first program or "software" that runs in a pc..in that too theres an order..
1.the mobo BIOS executes
2.it gives a call to all other BIOS'es(gfx card included)

then a lot of other things later, it boots into the O.S.
and a lot more things later, the "INSTALLABLE" drivers come into play.
now if the card is showing graphic corruption at the bios level itself,it points to two things:
BIOS corruption-solution:try updating firmware
Hardware fault-solution:RMA

Back