Xiaomi Mi 11 launched

I am excited at the value proposition and the miui 12.5 that is launched today.
I had a very good experience with the Mi 10 5G as a flagship phone and fluid performance so really looking forward to this one now.
*Sd888
*2k 120hz panel
*50w wired charging/ 30w wireless
*10w reverse wireless
*Optional GaN charger (ball is in users court to protect environment)
Harman Kardon dual stereo audio

Anyone else awaiting Indian release?

Pricing: • 8GB+128GB: ¥3999 ~ $611 / ₹44,970 • 8GB+256GB: ¥4299 ~$657 / ₹48,350 • 12GB+256GB: ¥4699 ~$718 / ₹52,850

Attachments

• EqVEQFCVEAAIl9J.jpg
    EqVEQFCVEAAIl9J.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 128
  • EqVEPZwU0AISACe.jpg
    EqVEPZwU0AISACe.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 136
Leaving aside anti-Chinese sentiments, yes , I am awaiting for OP9 , Mi11 and Samsung S21. I will buy any one of these, based on camera/reviews.
Otherwise I will get the iPhone 12.

I am excited at the value proposition and the miui 12.5 that is launched today.
I had a very good experience with the Mi 10 5G as a flagship phone and fluid performance so really looking forward to this one now.
*Sd888
*2k 120hz panel
*50w wired charging/ 30w wireless
*10w reverse wireless
*Optional GaN charger (ball is in users court to protect environment)
Harman Kardon dual stereo audio

Anyone else awaiting Indian release?

Pricing: • 8GB+128GB: ¥3999 ~ $611 / ₹44,970 • 8GB+256GB: ¥4299 ~$657 / ₹48,350 • 12GB+256GB: ¥4699 ~$718 / ₹52,850
if you are frequent phone buyers or fans of particular phone brands ,why dont you ask brands to design phones in a better way ,Poco M3 looks brilliant at the back blue black ,the above ones are pure hedious

Mi mix gen 1 such a stunning design which was not carried forward ,huawei mate 30 something stunning ,nokia 925 nokia icon ,chineese are ripping each others design atleast rip -off good designs

Coming from having a mi5 ( great phone but no updates from mi ) mi max 2 ( not a single update ) redmi note 4 and redmi note 8 pro , I feel that the mi ( xiaomi) phones have good hardware but lack sorely in software updates and security updates . I have realized the importance of security updates more since the lock down where we rely more on our phones for online payments etc .
My samsung s9 and Nokia 6.1 have regular updates which have forced me to almost retire my mi phones now .
Just my two cents . Cheers !

Leaving aside anti-Chinese sentiments, yes , I am awaiting for OP9 , Mi11 and Samsung S21. I will buy any one of these, based on camera/reviews.
Otherwise I will get the iPhone 12.
you can get a Sony Mirrorless camera and a great wide aperture lens at that price point, and it will beat any of the cameras you mentioned especially in low light and 4K video.

you can get a Sony Mirrorless camera and a great wide aperture lens at that price point, and it will beat any of the cameras you mentioned especially in low light and 4K video.
Will those cameras play games, browse internet, run apps, can be carried everywhere, edit photos and videos, post to social media, etc etc too???

That is a very silly comparison. Someone wants a phone with a good camera as priority and not a standalone camera!
i also have a Sony A7III and some awesome lenses but I also want the best camera in a phone possible

Will those cameras play games, browse internet, run apps, can be carried everywhere, edit photos and videos, post to social media, etc etc too???

That is a very silly comparison. Someone wants a phone with a good camera as priority and not a standalone camera!
i also have a Sony A7III and some awesome lenses but I also want the best camera in a phone possible
Dude! chill! I am stating my opinion. I am not forcing you do go out and buy a camera! How am I suppose to know that you already have a sony A7III? The comparison is not silly - I am comparing camera to a camera

Coming from having a mi5 ( great phone but no updates from mi ) mi max 2 ( not a single update ) redmi note 4 and redmi note 8 pro , I feel that the mi ( xiaomi) phones have good hardware but lack sorely in software updates and security updates . I have realized the importance of security updates more since the lock down where we rely more on our phones for online payments etc .
My samsung s9 and Nokia 6.1 have regular updates which have forced me to almost retire my mi phones now .
Just my two cents . Cheers !
Di you face any real issues without updates on Redmi phones?

No issues with Xiaomi other than regular software updates .
Mi 5 one android update . Total 1 year of updates .
Mi max 2 no android update . Last update more than a year ago .
Mi 5 and mi max 2 both good build quality .
Nokia 6.1 and my samsung s9 , three years of android and security updates promised . Both get bi monthly security updates .
Will not buy another mi phone again only due to the lack of security updates .
All Xiaomi phones back upto Snapdragon 625 with atleast 3 gb ram and 32 gb storage can easily be updated to miui 12 .
But they choose not to .. instead most of them linger on miui 9 or 10 or if very lucky miui 11 .
They just leave the older devices out in the lurch .
All Chinese phone manufactures are the same I guess .
Also about stealing our data ... Maybe we can debate this on another day .

Last edited:
That's the reason I do get confused always to buy the best damn mobile cameraphone (s20 Ultra/Mi 10-Ultra/Mate-40) or get a decent mobile (OP/Mid range samsung etc) and save money to buy a proper camera (Sony A5100 minimum)

*2k 120hz panel
Why do you want/need this? What exactly do you want to use it for?
I used to like Xiaomi during their earlier days.
Now I hate any phone with a bloatware especially those which cannot be uninstalled.
Only reason why I've been using Moto phones from the start. I had the Moto G, G3, E, E2 now G5+. Thinking of getting Fusion Plus next.

Back