Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the folks that have had the opportunity to buy this phone, when did you guys register, I dont seem to have gotten the invite or notification to buy the phone till date.

You won't get any invite..If you have registered you will automatically be able to purchase when the phone is on sale. I also registered just 2 days before the sale day and didn't get any invite. I just logged in around 12:00 and after some crashes, I was able to order...luckily..

Why does the MIUI look like iOS? seems like this chinese company went full on to clone an Apple device.
Thier website borrows a lot of elements from Apple's too. The icons in the UI look very similar

Its weird to see hardly anyone talking about this? Seems like people don't appreciate when Apple borrows elements but when it android or some knock off chinese company its fair game eh

The reason I bring this up is because being a long time iPhone user I wanted to get away from iOS's interface.

Will hold out for the one plus one or something else.

It's been a known fact about MIUI for ages. Back in the day a lot of people used MIUI to get the iOS look. With MIUI you get a ton of themes and can practically change the look to almost anything you want.

Here are my initial Impression.
  • Looks awesome. Feels Ok......maybe I am used to lugging Nokias around it feels too light and plasticky but looks like metal.
  • MIUI is impressive. Almost everything that is "essential" is bundled along.
  • Camera is the best I have seen under 20-25K phones......the features bundled alone will make up for any misgivings. NO conclusion as of yet.
  • Nice themes, don't feel like using 3rd party launchers now. Maybe I will get bored and switch back to NOVA later.
  • Phone heats up while charging.......and I mean you WILL notice the heat. Warms up a bit when doing intensive stuff.
  • Audio through speaker is ok......with its earphones is good. There are lots of settings to tinker around so no again conclusion yet.
  • Have to stress test the phone yet.
  • I will review it within 2 days.

You won't get any invite..If you have registered you will automatically be able to purchase when the phone is on sale. I also registered just 2 days before the sale day and didn't get any invite. I just logged in around 12:00 and after some crashes, I was able to order...luckily..

Thanks will keep an eye out for stocks on FK.

How on earth did most of you guys get an order through? I tried and tried on the 22nd and the most i got was an empty cart on fk....... waiting on the 29th now....any tips for a smooth purchase...please post here.

Though I got it through a priority pass being a flipkart first member...people here have reported higher success with buying on their app and then choosing COD...maybe you can try that next time

well according to import database, they imported 10400 units and according to other sources, 40k units are to follow in the next lot, how they are sold is another thing and remains to be seen, either in batches or all at once, I wont be surprised if its in batches.

Once you have these numbers its not rocket science to calculate actual numbers, all 10400 units wont be sold as some would be kept as backups incase they get some lemons, around 10% usually, 1k units were offered to flipkart 1st customers and its safe to assume more than 90% availed it, if not for themselves then friends or family. This leaves you with ~8k units which are sold, in 38 mins. I have no doubt that the time duration would be in single digit had Flipkart's infrastructure able to cope with the surge. Btw I did manage to pick one up and its so far, Superb!

well according to import database, they imported 10400 units and according to other sources, 40k units are to follow in the next lot, how they are sold is another thing and remains to be seen, either in batches or all at once, I wont be surprised if its in batches.

Once you have these numbers its not rocket science to calculate actual numbers, all 10400 units wont be sold as some would be kept as backups incase they get some lemons, around 10% usually, 1k units were offered to flipkart 1st customers and its safe to assume more than 90% availed it, if not for themselves then friends or family. This leaves you with ~8k units which are sold, in 38 mins. I have no doubt that the time duration would be in single digit had Flipkart's infrastructure able to cope with the surge. Btw I did manage to pick one up and its so far, Superb!

Di you use the fk app? or did you just do it on the website? Also COD or cc or emi? There are a lot of reports that cod worked. I need to know for the next round.

I ordered using mobile browser and COD option, its the best bet as it involves lowest number of steps.

Also it will help if you have Flipkart First and Payzippy accounts signed up and your credit card stored before the sale day. Flipkart First would ensure that you get the Free one-day guaranteed delivery option, if its available to your pincode. In fact I had received a newsletter from Flipkart today which mentions "EARLY ACCESS" TO EXCLUSIVE LAUNCHES & KEY SHOPPING EVENTS" as a benefit of being a Flipkart First. Need I say more?

Di you use the fk app? or did you just do it on the website? Also COD or cc or emi? There are a lot of reports that cod worked. I need to know for the next round.

I tried for 30 odd mins on the regular site. Then downloaded the app and was able to buy it on the first try. Bought it on EMIs

got mine, it regular sim and not mini sim, suprised.

anyone with normal sim or its just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back