Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with all the MMX bashing? Whom did their phones hurt? I have personally used Canvas HD and Canvas turbo. Both are VFM phones....
The specks of Mi3 is right off the planet (for the price I mean)
Don't go comparing it with nexuses and s5s .. in that theory Ferraris and Lamborghinis should be the only existent cars and porches (better vfm and more practical) should be extinct!
They are shit phones. Their service is shit, their hardware is shit. My MMX tablet's charger conked off in 15 days. They didn't replace it. They wanted me to buy the new charger for 1200. Then the battery swelled up and now the backside of the tablet is open and its gathering dust somewhere cause I'd rather not spend another penny on that crap.

Oh yeah Sobirvs? So what kind of an expert are you? Did you use a Canvas phone to comment on it. Kindly enlighten what kind of a phone you would have suggested in 12.5k near HD launch. Let's see if you know 'Any Better'. Regarding my commenting on it being VFM. It was. For me. Period.
Anything can be compared if you have the abstract capabilities.
BTW.. using slangs would be way cooler if you are not spelling out of your 'donkey' (pun intended)

Yes. Expert? Yes, to that too, as apparently I know atleast better than you. I have used canvas alot(my roommate had one). He was sick of it aswell, but couldn't do anything as he wasn't able to afford any better handsets. Also, about VFM, see dude you just mentioned "for me". You should have mentioned that at your main post. You didn't, you deserved what came to you.

Anything can be compared? let's compare your face to my... ass (pun intended).

Btw "slang(s)"? There was only one slang there. lrn2read.

I agree. I had a Karbonn A5 for a year. It was pretty smooth and was even able to play asphalt 7 well. I sometimes jump on the bandwagon of bashing these phones cuz its fun to do so :p . For a general user, the low end karbonn phones and high end S5 wont make much of a difference. 90% of people listen to music, make calls(do they?) , chat on watsapp and play subway surfers. Thats it. The rest 10% obsess over specs and enjoy bashing something even tiny bit inferior. ;)

Gaming mostly even lava phones can handle or spice, it's the UI that an OEM needs to work on. Games are developed by recognized dev's anyways, and if their game lags or are not compatible, their games won't get rating/popularity/revenue. So, they gotta do better with budget phones, hence gaming works.

For general user - low end karbonn = s5's? seriously? Trust me, you are living under a rock probably then. It's not at all like that. I know friend's/relatives who don't know shit about phones, still when they own one they do shit more than just messages/calls.

And i am the 1% that wants to root and screw their device for no reason at all :rolleyes::writing:

Actually root with customization (xposed or rom's) = making a phone truely users ;) nothing to screw over there. :)

Nailed it srkmish. I had a hard time around my Samsung s and iPhone wielding friends who made fun of my MMX status. It's not that one cannot afford a Nexus or a 5s .( hot deals section here can get you one for cheap too) it's the fun of an underdog beating the high end phones. Same is the case with Xiaomi... when I tell people that it's my next phone... They still raise their eyebrows for an unheard company.
It's better the vSobirvs type of people stick to their S5s.... After all how will the Samsung's of this world survive without suckers like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1405453526][/DOUBLEPOST]Add up your percentages mrnikhilsudo
I have dismantled many of my phones, painted ( yes, with black oil paint) one poor one, stuck leather cutouts, rooted all my androids... ext..
It's not no reason, it's called human curiosity and simple plain 'keeda' ;)

Nailed it? Dude, go back to school please. Also, "my type of people" I don't ****ing own a S5 you numbnut. Make your assumptions elsewhere. My above post was no where any rude, and I'm really not sure where you are coming from, but if you wanna go down that road, be my guest. This will be my last quote to you on this thread.

Also there's many kind of people who own phones, mentioning 2 of them here. 1 - who don't know any better - that just go with mmx's, lava, spice companies. and 2. Who knows atleast that much that they go with companies like OPPO, OPO, Xiaomi.

I'm not attacking indian companies just because they are indian companies. No. They actually make the worst hardware, provide the worst ASS. Give the worst software experience, and most of all makes money just by advertising hence manipulating people. Though doesn't mean indian companies will always be shit, Indian companies going with android One business model will be one to look forward to. Really excited here what they do with that. If they make good hardware , I'm sure they can get a genuine fan base here.

The quality of members on this forum is deteriorating considering likes of Sobirvs are posting such crass comments.
Let me give you some free advice you don't deserve sonny boy. I was using tech when you were in your diapers. A person has a right to a point of view. Don't you ever try to force your dumb ideas as being the axiom. Get some knowledge before spewing numbers and jargon and don't be a wannabe. Regarding comparisons... I suggest you do an in depth one of your ass and face itself. My estimate is your mouth will smell worse due to all the garbage you keep churning out of it.

Oh yeah, thanks for mentioning that this is your last quote. I was beginning to question my intelligence for debating with someone with such a closed mind. It's great. Be the big man. Close the dialogue. Have the last word. Idiot.

Stop fighting please. :/
I am a junior member, a student, but have used a lot of phones right since the days of Galaxy S.

I myself mostly buy imported phones, but have used quite a few "indian" brand phones too.

As for my experience, Ive used karbonn titanium s5, mmx canvas doodle 2, canvas magnus, xolo q700 and have a gionee m2 currently (I know its a chinese brand and an OEM manufacturer).

Ive seen many many indian brand phones break, but the ones Ive used, most of them did last well (I tend to take care of my phones pretty good). Only the karbonn developed an issue with the power button.

I guess it all depends on the build quality of the phones. All these manufacturers do have some devices that are well built, like the canvas doodle 2 and the magnus.

One should just check the build quality too before making the purchase. Until now, these phones did seem to be vfm phones in their price brackets, offering much better specs than the reputed brands, but there is no denying that if you happen to get a defective piece, you will most certainly be regretting as the purchase (and then obviously develop a very negative opinion) as the after sales service is good for nothing.

Btw, the titanium s5 that I had, which had a problematic power button, it took 4 months for karbonn to replace it!

yes they had that list of servicecentres up on their facebook page.[DOUBLEPOST=1405483798][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, someone was askign if the xiaomi phones were dual sim. I knew the Redmi was so checked the specs of the mi3. Yes it is dual sim. I actually had hugo barra himself reply to a query of mine. Kinda cool.

yes they had that list of servicecentres up on their facebook page.[DOUBLEPOST=1405483798][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, someone was askign if the xiaomi phones were dual sim. I knew the Redmi was so checked the specs of the mi3. Yes it is dual sim. I actually had hugo barra himself reply to a query of mine. Kinda cool.

M13 is a Dual Sim phone ?

Cant see that on the website :|

The only downer for a flashaholic like me would be the absence of cm11 for this device. As of now it will only run MIUI. Will take some time to get to android l.

Xiaomi will probably release the source code for the kernel once the Mi4/Mi3s comes out. So fingers crossed one can get Android Laddoo by the end of the year.

Xiaomi will probably release the source code for the kernel once the Mi4/Mi3s comes out. So fingers crossed one can get Android Laddoo by the end of the year.

Should one wait for the MI4 / MI3S which is releasing on 22nd July, should land in India in a month or 2.

Should one wait for the MI4 / MI3S which is releasing on 22nd July, should land in India in a month or 2.

I don't think they will want to cannibalize the sales of MI3 by launching MI4 in like 2 months (in India). In fact I don't expect it to come till end of the year.

Or maybe 6 months. We never know. Getting these phones in China seems to be a pain too. Apparently in Malaysia or Singapore they sold out in under 5 mins. That's @pple level of ridiculousness.

Or maybe 6 months. We never know. Getting these phones in China seems to be a pain too. Apparently in Malaysia or Singapore they sold out in under 5 mins. That's @pple level of ridiculousness.
How is the QA on the hardware side with these devices ?[DOUBLEPOST=1405506562][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can see that the Asus Zen Phone 5 is really great, especially in lowlight.
http://www.lowyat.net/2014/04/low-l...020-lumia-1520-sony-xperia-z1-and-htc-one-m8/
This is one phone that can take on the moto g and win. The zenfone 4 can counter the e if you put up with the smaller screen. Intel is doing some interesting work here coupled with a vendor known for quality hardware.

About the photo comparison, its misleading to say the least. manual mode shots on m8, 1520 & z1 will allow longer shutter times at still lower iso and these are at full resolution. Also the subjects are static so easy to do better.

the zen phone can only output a max of 1600 x 1200 that too at 1600 iso, its decent given that other phones in that price range cannot do any low light to speak of. So its an improvement in its price range but does not really compete with flagships. It will prolly do better than samsung or lg as they are known to not have good low light to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back