Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
@manucitc, care to tell what ROM is available after rooting! AFAIK, no ROMs other than MIUI is available as they have not released the Kernel till date!
No roms as far as I know. Mi2s just got cm11 a month or so back. No kernel source for mi3 so no development.

The only thing about miui I hate is the multitude of anime, pet related themes. God, it becomes so tiresome browsing the theme store to find a theme that is not of the aforementioned category. The quality of themes in the theme store have also gone down according to me.

I am in a dilemma. I use a Nexus 5 and I am sick of its battery life. I can't take it through till the evening on a single charge forget a day. Also my wife uses a MMX 110. Thats a awesomely bad phone after few months of usage. I wanted to look into the Xiaomi Mi3 primarily cause of the battery and maybe a better camera then the N5(another major drawback of the phone). Planning to give my N5 to wifey(Will miss the Android L when released).

How the Mi3 compared to Nexus 5 and OnePlus One(Yes I know nobody has it here but would like to hear your thoughts on the same).

I am in a dilemma. I use a Nexus 5 and I am sick of its battery life. I can't take it through till the evening on a single charge forget a day. Also my wife uses a MMX 110. Thats a awesomely bad phone after few months of usage. I wanted to look into the Xiaomi Mi3 primarily cause of the battery and maybe a better camera then the N5(another major drawback of the phone). Planning to give my N5 to wifey(Will miss the Android L when released).

How the Mi3 compared to Nexus 5 and OnePlus One(Yes I know nobody has it here but would like to hear your thoughts on the same).

IMHO, if you can source a Oneplus One at a decent price you should get it. Will ultimately have better ROM options.

LOL going a bit OT but I have to mention this here in hope that it calms down the rough weather in this thread.

Please friends, They are just phones/computers. There are going to be a lot of variables involved although sometimes, so your own mileage with a certain brand or device varies. Believe me even the ASS varies according to the region you are based in.
I used to do this years ago. Let us say you want to convince yourself before buying a iphone or maybe a MMX device that it is bad. Maybe you are in dilemma or maybe the phone is under or over your budget.
I go to google and type "Iphone 4" + "Problems" or go to a shopping site and sort the review "Negative first".
Every user has a problem with every device, its called nitpicking and it is human nature. We have got to work out what works best for us and then decide.

But then there are phone that are universally bad ...

May be go back to iPhone :p

No one in India has hands-on since product is not launched & only very few are using imported products.
Check some other sites for proper review, this might help you
http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...brands-with-great-specs-and-price-227396.html[DOUBLEPOST=1405521334][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW anybody have any idea when ZTE Nubia 7 will launch in India ?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Monsters-from-Asia-the-amazing-ZTE-Nubia-Z7_id58258

Flipkart already showing sign of being pushy in one manner to clear stocks of MOTO; which looks really bad and crashing on the other end with traffic load.
This is giving the wrong sense, I bet on July 22 they are going to block or crash their servers on purpose!
The image below shows once I type https://www.flipkart.com/mi
2z8zpkp.jpg

n5 2300mah endurance 40h ie mediocre/average, more mediocre

oneplus 3100mah endurance 66h good

mi 3 3050mah gsmarena has not tested it (odd given it came out last Sept, same age as G2) but my estimate would be 60h+ endurance which will be good.

Am reserving judgement over this phone until some proper reviews come out.

Go for it.. Battery life is too good I used to have a nexus 5 before upgrading to G2 but then got the MI3 on my trip to China ... You won't be disappointed by the phone.. Ya agree the themes are kinda anime type... But for some its OK for some its not .. I have the 64gig (SD) version.. Camera is also better than nexus 5 ... Updates wise, you get weekly update on MI3 ... No rooting hassles as it has super user inbuilt my only concern was storage size as only 16gb will be released in India so 64gb was the only option for me.. And am really happy with it too..

uploadfromtaptalk1405539615919.jpg
even an Indian theme is now launched in the MI3 theme store... Looks beautiful with taj mahal in the background and the Security icon shows our national flag IMHO....

Found one .. @amitbhawani - twitter. He has got one.
Check fonearena, they reviewed it 2 weeks back.

The video quality is a bit avg but then everybody will say PRICE! so at the price its good.

However the still camera software is very interesting, lots of features that you won't find even on flagships. Custom temperature setting for WB, is amazing, 2s exposures mean you get good low light than any other phone in this price range.

Also has manual focus.

So that was features, how well does the camera actually work ? not too well according to this thread. Macros and closeups are ok, anything more and people have trouble. Be wary of macros a 5 yr old phone can also take good macro.

ven an Indian theme is now launched in the MI3 theme store...
can you tell me what 'measure' means in the camera interface ?

Last edited:
"Measure" might refer to either exposure or may be to the type of metering being done by the camera?
just a guess..

You just have to go to flipkart and register. It's free.

There is always a catch silkroad... maybe Xiaomi is clearing stocks of Mi3 for their new Mi3s and and Mi4
Definitely it's also for their marketing as earlier too they had launched in new countries at low prices.
Also they can keep prices low by doing a soft launch... I don't see any expenses incurred by them on marketing... Online, print or TV.
Although the phone is 6+ months old from launch, the specks still hold value today so its win win for both.[DOUBLEPOST=1405585888][/DOUBLEPOST]As soon as they hire film stars like Hrithik and So am ( hello oppo)... Their prices will include the marketing costs

Its an awesome specs for 6 month old phone..worth a punt. Would have gone for it, had I not bought Moto E last week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back