Xigmatek Orange Fans, Nokia N70 @ 2.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude you still haven't confirmed the shipping code, or about the fan grill and power connector. :/

@RD Lucky you :(

I still havent received or heard anything from DTDC yet...though the seller is really is really trying to help...he is willing to come down here to their office to resolve things (which might be needed now since DTDC dont look at all interested in delivering my package ...seriously I am not shipping anything using DTDC ever again in my life...wtf they take 4 days to ship within the city? Operating on bullocks (pun intended)? )

MnVn

Well the DTDC tracking site was pretty crap too. I had no idea where the fan was until it just showed up an hour or so back.

Within the city? Why didn't you just pick it up ? :lol:

Received the Fans !! Was packed kinda neat !! But the 4 pin adapter and the screws :bleh: werent there !!!
Did the other people who took the fan received the 4 pin adapter !!

Nope i didnt get those as well...just to clarify I had asked the seller about this and he did tell me that he doesnt have those converters...

so now i have to buy these converters...I was trying to look for these and found out that they are actually 145 rs at Lynx!! I paid 250 for the fan and had no idea that these converters would be so costly :(

any idea where these can be bought for cheap?

I am regretting buying these now since I had no idea that the converter would be so costly :( no fault of the seller but i feel how i feel :(

MnVn

I asked him twice but didn't get a reply. It was only after posting it in this thread that he finally cleared that the he wasn't including a grill/power connector. Anyways not that big a issue ...

All you need are 2 thin wires to connect the molex to the 3pin, its quite simple. I'll show you the layout later as I'm going out now or you could google it. Screws aren't issue, you should easily be able to get these anywhere or at any electrical shop.

diagram.jpg

Remember, RED from fan goes to YELLOW of MOLEX. BLACK of fan goes to the BLACK (beside YELLOW).

PS - I got this from a power connector I got with my CM cabinet. It works with the fan.

@Rd274

Thanks a lot for the diagram..however my questions is how are you actually connecting this? I mean are you literally connecting 2 wires between the 2 points you mentioned?

MnVn

To be honest I've not connected it yet. I'm yet to finish my side panel modding.

My explanation was from analyzing a spare 3pin to molex connector I got with my cabinet.

i made one,how thick should the wires be?im using pieces of wire(solid core) from a sata cable which i cut.it runs a 92mm fan fine,wanted to try and run a delta 120mm off it.

I will used wires from a spare fan lying around. Are you sure you want to do that to a Delta fan? Won't it be very noisy?

i thought id connect the +5v to the deltas.also,i am going in for more silent fans,would swap out the deltas once i get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back