Xodiom - Oneplus One Killer or International Fraud????

What do you think of Xodiom phone and the company....

• Total voters

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Just saw this new phone on https://www.xodiom.com/
upload_2014-12-5_22-37-55.png

The phone specs exceed the Oneplus one also. Like its has
upload_2014-12-5_22-39-41.png

upload_2014-12-5_22-40-13.png

upload_2014-12-5_22-40-46.png

And then the price....
32gb - 329USD
64gb - 379USD.

They say they dont accept payment by Paypal... (this is where it starts smelling even fishy).
They say they have 1million yes.... over 10lakh phones ready in first batch in Jan.
I dont know many companies apart from Apple or Samsung which would produce so many devices pre launch.
They accept only Bitcoins( +5% discount... ) and wire transfers.
and ship internationally everywhere :-o
They must have some great logistics then... coz they have not mentioned tie up with any partner for shipping and sales.
Also Bitcoin is very obvious... you cant revert the payment nor track them....
Infact their domain WHO IS data is protected and again adds more suspense...
So overall I leave up to you what you make of this... A company which surfaces overnight out of nowhere and announces and starts selling flagship specification phones.....
My opinion is this all looks total fraud.... Unless I see some review units sent to some well known sites....

Till then njoy the gaudy colored site...
https://www.xodiom.com/

yup looks scam... when only bitcoins are accepted as payment. If Paypal comes into the picture trust would be relatively better.

Payment modes may be questionable, but the price quoted definitely is not a factor to decide that its fake. Even at those prices, they will probably have a margin of more than $100.

If you have never ever heard about the brand before, what would your typical reaction have been about a company that is selling a high end SD801 based device for $300, but on an invite only basis? Meet the OnePlus one. It does exist and lots of people out there want to buy it now.

There are too many Chinese companies that we normally do not hear of, check out some the Chink sites shipping internationally, the brands list is quite interesting.

Buy only when one is prepared mentally to write-off the expense if something goes wrong with the device. This applies even to some Indian ones. That is the reason why I went only for the 10k Redmi Note.

Payment modes may be questionable, but the price quoted definitely is not a factor to decide that its fake. Even at those prices, they will probably have a margin of more than $100.

If you have never ever heard about the brand before, what would your typical reaction have been about a company that is selling a high end SD801 based device for $300, but on an invite only basis? Meet the OnePlus one. It does exist and lots of people out there want to buy it now.
This seems like a fake, due to payment issues. The second clue is the number of devices, Qualcomm had production issues with SD 805, which has resulted in a lot of flagships in 2014 resorting to SD801. First preference would be given to large partners like Samsung. LG etc, there is no way Xodium is going to get such a large quantity of SD 805, when manufacturers like Motorola are struggling to get the supply.

Manufacturing cost of an Iphone 6 plus is $220, and that of Xiaomi Mi3 was $180. So yes even at low prices, the manufacturers are able to make money off quantity, especially if their marketing expenses are negligible.

^^ Yes, there may be n number of reasons to say that its fake, I am just saying that low pricing is not a basis.

Still there are indeed a number of indicators to say that its a scam, but at the very least it not setup on a ultra low budget. the site is very well made by people who have both good web development experience as well as excellent english writing skills. Instead of just setting up an insecure HTTP site, they went ahead and got a SSL certificate and setup a secure website. Interestingly even in the certificate, their company name is not mentioned, only the DNS is specified in the Common Name field.

The certificate was also issued on 22nd November which is the same date DNS was registered and the site setup

Last edited:

No Oneplus is different in the sense.
1) The founding members were earlier associated with OppO at higher positions.
2) They had first announced the phone at few events then presented prototypes then review units to lots of ppl and then listed the phone for sale.
3) They had listed their production facilities and office addresses.
4) The first batch was delivered and that created a huge momentum for them.
5) But even before the first batch was delivered or orders were accepted they had displayed the phone at number of events.

^^ You have the privilege of knowing the sequence of events that happened later and that's why you are saying that. But imagine somebody at the first phase of your steps. Most people across the world don't know Oppo unless they were into audio or other areas where Oppo had presence. As a phone brand, their brand identity is probably less than that of OnePlus even now. So, the founding members of OnePlus being associated with another Chinese electronics giant has no relevance to them.

Afaik Scam.
Phone matches N6 specs.

Also it's battery won't suffice like the OPO.
No info about it's OS.

Main Point:No one ;Not also Google itself can optimise Android the way Moto does in the industry.

Afaik Scam

^^ You have the privilege of knowing the sequence of events that happened later and that's why you are saying that. But imagine somebody at the first phase of your steps. Most people across the world don't know Oppo unless they were into audio or other areas where Oppo had presence. As a phone brand, their brand identity is probably less than that of OnePlus even now. So, the founding members of OnePlus being associated with another Chinese electronics giant has no relevance to them.
I agree totally to the first part that since I knew OppO it was easy for me to identify with the Oneplus team.
Many in my office didn't know about Oneplus till they saw my phone couple of months back and some of them are repeat nexus users. So the association with some big company previously does make an impact. Be it chinese or non chinese. Else people would surely hesitate to back them. And again like I said earlier they first delivered >100 handsets to reviewers and showcased in events and then started accepting orders. This is the biggest biggest diff with Xodiom.

They were nowhere till yday. No phones or news or benchmarks yet and suddenly they started accepting payments.... that too not thru conventional mediums like CC/ Visa, etc or Google wallet/ Paypal but direct wire transfer or bitcoins??

Only on that one last point..... will you trust a company that you no nothing about?[DOUBLEPOST=1417849721][/DOUBLEPOST]
This video also addresses the point rightly.
Domain registered on Nov 22. Pre orders started on Dec 4. So 8-10 days is good amount of time to develop the site and host it up and stuff.
Also the contact details point to other scams ....
And then there are 100 other reasons.... but then those matter if one really wants to look at facts or not....

Last edited:
^^ That says it all.
And Lets Buy or Bazee.com were not blank or secret companies. They supported payment gateways and Visa Verified payment systems.
Infact AFAI recall LetsBuy used CCAvenue. And many small companies like other than these had VISA verified sites and some trusted payment gateway....
Is this so difficult to understand..... These companies were open in the public. Accessible to the media and they did deliver. They operated from India.
Do you know the location/city where Xodiom has their corporate office????
People did not directly jump on these companies to buy something that they never saw being sold anywhere else...
This phone.... No one .... NOONE has ever seen the phone physically....
Do you think manufacturing a million phones is a joke????
Even Oneplus had the invite system to put a check on demand and supply.
They had limited supply and thats the reason till November they could not sell as per the demand....
Look what happened after November... Production is now steady and so there are invites flowing globally...
They have even launched in a big market like India.....

Back