Laptops XPS M1330 vs. XPS M1530

masterBrain said:
2. Did u opt for a carry case? Is it good to buy a carry case from dell or shall i buy that from some other place? i think it wont cost the 1800Rs dell is asking if i buy tat from some place else.

A friend of mine got the Targus Nylon II (or something) backpack for them for his Inspiron 1520 from Dell. Its nothing special really. Ordinary looking. But does the job its supposed to ;) Build quality is fairly decent. You can get it from them or get a Case logic from outside. Though the case logic might cost you a bit more..

Hope this helps.

thanks for all ur reply..

after a lot thinking i decided not to buy the carry case.. :)
ill be carrying all my gadgets in the backpack i have now and it have more than enough space to fit in a laptop also.. problem solved.. :D

The M1330 comes with a notebook sleeve btw, so that should be good enough to carry it or throw it in your backpack.

Congrats on getting Sweet lappy.... by the way these notebook sleeves are easily available @ samsonite showrooms. though it is good for small laptops but so much useful for laptops with bigger screens :)

iccy88 said:
hey rio, congz fr the lappy..

btw can u temme the diff in weight of the two(1330 n 1530)??

M1330 starts at 4.27 lbs with a 6-cell battery and WLED screen.

M1530 starts at 5.9 lbs with a 6-cell battery, but a few claim it is slightly over 6 lbs even with a 6-cell battery.

i think the weight differ some 600 to 800 grams..

@rio: how much will its battery last?? i heard that the slot loading DVD drive is very noisy.. is it?? also is there any fans facing downwards?? i hate it if there is a fan which blows hot air into my lap.. :huh:

The drive is noisier than my last 2 notebooks for sure :/ I'm cool with that because I primarily need it for installing software... fan exhaust is on the rear so it blows warm air out the back.

in the dell site, there is a label "LAST DAY" just besides the price of xps notebooks now. i was wondering what that means.. hope they are going to reduce the price from 2moro onwards.. :)

Sounds like they are going to bump it up man... they wouldn't ever do that if they were lowering prices :) The current prices are lower than what it launched at btw.

oops.. then it will be bad luck for me.. i will buy only on jan first week.. i read some where that jan is the time for clearance sale for dell.. hope they wont increase the price much...

Damn, I just noticed T7300 is no longer an option... T7500 is the only option if you want a chip with higher L2 cache. This itself increases the current cost of an M1330 by ~2k.

in dell usa site they are giving $700 off on 1530. hope that will influence price in india also..

they have 1550 @ T7500 +3GB ram, 15.4 inch 1680x1050 screen + 160Gb7500rpm hdd for $1499. would be nice if that price is offered in india also.. ill get hell lot of a system for less than 60k.. :)

Rio some more pics please.....you know its a bit hard to decide on the first laptop having small display, stuck betweeen plans for 13.3 or 14.1...

Back