Car & Bike Yamaha FZ-S or RTR..?

sato1986 said:
Still settling for the massively overpriced FZ-S just for the looks?

IMHO, if you've got such a big budget, then a test ride of P200 (Rs.70069) or P180:2009 (Rs. 63500) is a must before finalizing your purchase.

Hey, I thought the P200 was phased out. If the left overs are still around, you could ask the dealership for a good discount.

@sato
well obviously i find FZS far better looking and since im not an enthusiast kind of rider would i really benefit from RTRs performance?
and FZS is cheaper that RTR in my place so is it massively overpriced?

and one more thing can you pls tell me by how much % RTR has better performance?

im not interested in Pulsar due to its outdated design and ive been riding it for quite some time now(many of my cousins have them)
thanks a lot

RanjithMN said:
@sato

well obviously i find FZS far better looking and since im not an enthusiast kind of rider would i really benefit from RTRs performance?

and FZS is cheaper that RTR in my place so is it massively overpriced?

and one more thing can you pls tell me by how much % RTR has better performance?

im not interested in Pulsar due to its outdated design and ive been riding it for quite some time now(many of my cousins have them)

thanks a lot

Oh looks....... hmm........

But u said, FZS is 71500 n RTR180 is 71700, right?

Now understanding your requirements, i guess Yes FZ-S is the bike for you

FZ-S over RTR180:

+ Looks : Your Priority

+ Refinement

+ Fuel Efficiency

+ Low maintenence cost

- Lumpy Performance : Doesnt matter to you, so forget this

@sato

i read a lot of reviews and all them conclude that if its for City ride then FZS is a good choice and if its for longer rides and races etc then definitely Apache.so basically they say FZS is good but Apache is better but you make it sound like FZS plainly sucks,so can you tell me how bad exactly FZS is from your pt of view/experience?

and btw if RTR does give a good advantage over FZS in high city traffic then ill seriously consider it!

and can you also through some light on the maintenance cost ,Service and Support and knows issues on both the bikes?

thanks a ton!

^^

Not at all!!! You misunderstood. FZ-S is lumpy performance only in comparison to RTR180, not otherwise!!! And in City traffic, both are rather equal... Fat rear tyre of FZ-S helps in braking but it compromises the bike's nimbleness.

and leme clarify my previous post:

"+" means POSITIVE THING

"-" means NEGATIVE THING

Now when i said FZ-S has lower maintenence cost, that is because of the much better refined engine as compared to not-so-refined engine of RTR.

Also, being 150cc it provides slightly fuel efficiency than RTR. (After accounting its Fat rear tyre)

Overall the RTR is better than FZ-S as initial package but when youve prioritized Looks and de-prioritzed racing spirit, then the FZ-S is the bike for you as its value shines in engine refinement and hence longer problem-free life.

Regarding issues with the bikes, il check them n shall let you know.

As you asked, if i were to purchase a bike for the city, this would be my preference:

Pulsar 180: 2009 edition : 5 / 5

RTR 180: 4 / 5

FZ-S: 3.75 / 5

But, here the decision is YOURS and not mine.. Hence you should really buy what you heart says as the RTR and FZ-S are not miles apart. Both are a good purchase, just that the FZ-S seems to suit you better.

hey guys jst picked up FZS!

there is a small scratch on the front mudguard but the Yammy guys told me they will replaces it next week itself!!

^^Congrats man!!!! guess this is 2nd best looking indian bike after the YZFr15.

Uber-cool.

Hey ranjit, chill about the scratch :p a scratch on a new bike is known as shagun (lucky stroke):)

RanjithMN said:
oh btw i just love the color combo!

reminds me of my all time fav. Mustang!

Buy a GP-One safety helmet in yellow n black stripes if you find one to go along with it..

Else a carbon-black Vega Galactic will also do :)

hiiiiiiiii frndz...:hap2:

i jus saw ths form and find it very helpfl and nice... wel m 22yr frm delhi. i compltd ma engg n nw wana own a bike in delhi. m bit confuse whch bike to buy frm..

1. Pulsar 180 ug-4
2. Apache rtr 180
3. Fz-s

cause of my confusion

Pulsar : 1. i find i very common (every nxt person is ridng ths machine)
2. else i love ths BeAsT.

Apache : 1. i find it bit small
2. not a marcho look
3. m afraid abt TVS product
4. but i stil lk it :bleh:

Fz-s : 1. i hate its digital meter
2. its 150cc ( less pic-up)

plz help in choosing a perfect bike fr me... so i dont regret later:no:

Regards
Nimz :)

Back