Yay!!! BSNL introduces more lousy plans

I would gladly taken the 1100 plan if after 10GB they would have capped the speed to atleast 512kbps.

256kbps is effin' ridiculous!

MohitPreet said:
guys i m on bsnl 750 UL plan punjab circle ,
wuill my plan be automaticaaly changed to 625 now or i have to send them a letter to get my plan changed ,

i mean is this applicable for existing customers also or only to new connections ?

and BTW bsnl website doesnt show any new plans its still the old ones under home unlimited category
i m confused!

I'm not sure but the way it looks, UL750 and 625(which also gives you 100 free units) are different plans so you might have to apply for change. Also, it might take a bit longer until they actually introduce these plans as this is just a circular.

^ actually i ll be going to BSNL office in my are to se if they have any info of the circular as of now :p

and how n when will it be implemented , will switch to it immediately if its available :)

6pack said:
why the heck do the UL plans have a usage factor in them? and why do the BSNL guys like 256kbps speed so much? All plans seem to be made only for sake of making new plans.

It's actually pretty simple to device out the effection with that speed band..
The Govt defines Broadband by atleast 256kbps.

For India's sake.. i hope the Govt starts defining it from 1Mbps line.
IT hub of the world my charlie brown ..

Its cool that you have choice to switching to other ISP. in my area BSNL is the ONLY provider. so no matter how bad plans are. I am stuck:|

Got no other choice:mad:

Gaurish said:
Its cool that you have choice to switching to other ISP. in my area BSNL is the ONLY provider. so no matter how bad plans are. I am stuck:|

Same here bro . The local cablewallah internet is port blocked here and speed are pathetic and downtimes are like 6-8 hours a day

Anish said:
I would gladly taken the 1100 plan if after 10GB they would have capped the speed to atleast 512kbps.

256kbps is effin' ridiculous!

You stole words from my mouth

Gaurish said:

isn't Jaipur got BSNL's FTTH recently :ashamed:

multi said:
isn't Jaipur got BSNL's FTTH recently :ashamed:

Yes, BSNL has launched FTTH in Jaipur but the catch is, its currently available only in handful of selected building.

Also, bsnl's current focus ins't consumers but few big corporations.So currently its FTTO(Fiber to Office) thant FTTH(Fiber to Home):p

i download 5 gb a day (only download, uploads extra) and am HAPPY with BSNL.

i am on 512k unlimited.

i have peace of mind - no sudden FUP shit which requires a thread over 50 pages (example airtel)

crisp >62kBps - exchange within 100 metres

i dont think you can beat bsnl - interms of unlimited connections

and the airtel 4mb plans are CRAP - i dont want to pay and then be stuck with 256kbps speeds

Agreed airtel 4mbps plan is super stupid. Who wants blazing fast speed for a week's worth of download(longshot) and after that one would barely be able to stream youtube videos. When will BSNL match MTNL offers I wonder, because that is when Airtel would upgrade.

I am currently in UL750. So the new plans are good for me.

Considering BB Home Combo ULF 900, I get higher speed (512) atleast for the first 8GB. I will be paying Rs.150 more than my current Rs.750, but I will get 400 free calls. Its like for broadband I pay only 900-400 = 500. (lesser than my current 750). And I get higher speed for first 8GB. Definitely lesser cost , higher speed !

Nobody seems to know about these plans. are they for real ?!

I too am fully satisfied with BSNL when it works and it works most of the time apart from issues every few months. When it works, I regularly download 300+ GB every month. No tension of FUP, no tension of speeds decreasing. I am very happy with BSNL.

47442294.png

This shows my usage for the last 6 months. Less downloads this month as I have been having issues since the last 10 days. The usage for March only indicates data transfer from 6AM to 6PM every day as my line is not usable during 6PM and 6AM. :bleh:

babhishek said:
i download 5 gb a day (only download, uploads extra) and am HAPPY with BSNL.

i am on 512k unlimited.

i have peace of mind - no sudden FUP shit which requires a thread over 50 pages (example airtel)

crisp >62kBps - exchange within 100 metres

i dont think you can beat bsnl - interms of unlimited connections

and the airtel 4mb plans are CRAP - i dont want to pay and then be stuck with 256kbps speeds

Back