Yet again a lappy buying help thread !(((Finally Bought Dell Inspiron)))

Re: Yet again a lappy buying help thread !

the thing is, the X series spot intel's low power C2D CULV series processors which I'm not sure are EOL(they were announced in Q3 2009).

And the fact that the i3's have a TDP of 35W , compared to the 10W of the C2D CULV's (even the CULV i5 coming on the X360 has 18W) means some compromise in the battery life, since the X series ship with slim batteries.

till someone reviews it & posts the battery life ( since we've confirmed the i3 proccy), I'm still wary about em.

Re: Yet again a lappy buying help thread !

Finally bought the lappy...

Got myslef a DELL Inspiron 15 (1564) with the following config:"

i3/3GB/320GB/Intel HD etc etc etc

Costed me 35.5K with a belkin backpack and dos. I know it sounds expensive but i had bought a 20" Dell LCD about 3 wees back and i wanted to exchange that with the lappy and did exactly the same....

That sounds high. I bought this model for 33K 2 weeks back. Didn't opt for any additional covers though, just stuck to the standard 1 year limited hardware thing they give.

33K... Thats quite low... I asked around at 3 different places for the pricing and the lowest i got was this only for the very same lappy...

Also i have installed Win 7 32 bit on the lappy but i am unable to find the drivers for the same on dell website. Can you post me a link for the drivers.

Switch said:
33K... Thats quite low... I asked around at 3 different places for the pricing and the lowest i got was this only for the very same lappy...

I presume you are talking about the Inspiron 1564 model. If so, 35.5 is definitely on the higher side since you haven't got the OS either. My 33K was after haggling from the selling price of 33.4K [a gain of 400 bucks :p ] that the seller started at.

Also i have installed Win 7 32 bit on the lappy but i am unable to find the drivers for the same on dell website. Can you post me a link for the drivers.

Drivers & Downloads

I am new to techenclave. Need a similar lappy so asking suggestions in the same thread.

looking for: Notebook (not a netbook)
Requirement: must be able to play 1080p videos
budget : 30K (strict)
Usage : 24x7 download

MSI CR-400X seem to be one but i was wondering if i can have some options

I am new to techenclave. I need a similar lappy so asking suggestions in the same thread.

Looking for : notebook
Usage : 24x7 downloading
requirement : must be able to play 1080p videos
budget : 30 K

MSI CR-400X is one. i searched and found emachines e730 ( they say its around 27 K with core i3 330m ). can you suggest some more. please give pro and cons of these two lappies too.

Back