Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Re: Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Just a query. How lengthy is Dragon Age Origins in terms of gameplay hours? And is the storyline as good as the Mass Effect series?

TBH I haven't played many games from the RPG genre barring the Mass Effect series. :ashamed:

Dragon Age Origins is a hardcore RPG no point playing the game if you are expecting a run and shoot affair like ME2

Gannu said:
Just a query. How lengthy is Dragon Age Origins in terms of gameplay hours? And is the storyline as good as the Mass Effect series?

TBH I haven't played many games from the RPG genre barring the Mass Effect series. :ashamed:
Its strategy RPG and very hardcore(atleast for me :ashamed:). Had to switch to easy after some levels. The story line is very strong and well crafted. Not recommended if you are not used to playing strategy games. But if you want to play it anyway, switch to easy and enjoy the story.

^Hmmm. Thanks Jojo. Got plenty of free time during June-Aug. and Oct-Nov as per IGN's timeline of games to be released this year. Perhaps will take it up during that time.

Gannu said:
^Hmmm. Thanks Jojo. Got plenty of free time during June-Aug. and Oct-Nov as per IGN's timeline of games to be released this year. Perhaps will take it up during that time.
Dragon Age : Origins 2 due in March as well :p

Aman27deep said:
I disliked Origins a lot, especially the gameplay and the uber sucky graphics :/
Yup, agree with this. I also hated it. It seemed like it had a good story in it, but the stupid combat was a big hurdle for me. But, I saw my brother play through it and he absolutely loved it. The characters are well written as you would expect from Bioware. The conversations between them is very good. I will play it some day.

Playing crysis, the game is awesome. Does it supports physX ? any idea?

Kasumi DLC completed, was pretty sweet :) Shadow Broker tomorrow!

CA50 said:
Playing crysis, the game is awesome. Does it supports physX ? any idea?
no i don't think it supports nVidia Physx.

Slowly but steadily getting through my PS2 gaming backlog. Done with -

Urban Reign

i-Ninja

Ninja Assault

Virtua Cop Elite Edition

Endgame

Time Crisis II

Time Crisis 3

Need for Speed Most Wanted (for the 5th time!)

Need for Speed Carbon (for the 4th time)

Freaky said:
Dragon Age : Origins 2 due in March as well :p
I just ordered for the Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age, could not play earlier as had pirated edition and it had issues with rogues :). Now plan to enjoy Dragon Age and after 2 years will buy the Dragon Age 2 deluxe :bleh:.

Now am juast waiting for following games this year
-- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
-- The Witcher 2 Assassin of King's

Desecrator said:

The Dragon Age series has 45 Hours of solid story gameplay + if you do all the side-quests you are looking at around 120 Hours of fun. The story is better fleshed out and cliffhanger at end of story is great <than Mass Effect, but both games cant br really compared>, some really detailed DLC's <Stone Prisoner, Witch Hunt> are there and one expansion. Graphics aren't awesome but they are not pushover types either.

You need to strategize a lot more and combat is on the harder side but chaining combos can pull of certain really epic moments. Sir you don't need to be ashamed if you have not played Dragon Age, I don't enjoy Crysis as much as like Operation Flashpoint series, so I put it as -- "to each one their own." :) Cheers.

Completed Mini Ninjas. Fantastic game and a nice storyline. A bit too easy though. The snow-ride level was b1tch!

PC
[strike]Shank - co-op campaign[/strike]
[strike]NFS: Hot Pursuit - Racer campaign, Cop campaign[/strike]
[strike]Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions[/strike]
[strike]James Bond 007: Blood Stone[/strike]
[strike]Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - co-op campaign[/strike]
Deathspank
[strike]Red Faction: Guerilla[/strike]
[strike]Red Faction: Guerilla DLC[/strike]
[strike]Dead Space 2[/strike]
PS3
[strike]Castlevania: Lords of Shadows[/strike]
[strike]Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood[/strike]
[strike]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2[/strike]
[strike]Vanquish[/strike]
[strike]Red Dead Redemption[/strike]
[strike]SAW: The Video Game[/strike]
[strike]Mini Ninjas[/strike]
[strike]Dead Space: Extraction[/strike]
SAW II: Flesh & Blood
Red Dead Redemption DLC - Undead Nightmare - W.I.P.
[strike]Little Big Planet[/strike]
Little Big Planet 2
Demon's Souls
[strike]Siren: Blood Curse[/strike]
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2 - faithfully serving as the mandatory disc inside the BR drive for the PS3. Mostly will ditch it for the PC version later.

Will begin Undead Nightmare shortly. :D

Gannu said:
Completed Mini Ninjas. Fantastic game and a nice storyline. A bit too easy though. The snow-ride level was b1tch!
Sweet! How long is it BTW? And played on PC?

Aman27deep said:
Sweet! How long is it BTW? And played on PC?
No Aman. PS3. Took about 8 hours on the medium difficulty. My roomie is playing the PC version and it's a pretty good TP. Give it a shot. :)

Gannu said:
No Aman. PS3. Took about 8 hours on the medium difficulty. My roomie is playing the PC version and it's a pretty good TP. Give it a shot. :)
Yeah i will, not now but later, thanks :D

Finished Dead rising 2 and COD: MW2 ( yeah i know it was long due :p)

Disappointed with Deadrising 2 , they used the same engine with small tweaks , the story was not very great , Psychopaths were , meh. ( no comparison to the ones in Deadrising )

And gannu, bioshok 2 does have multiple endings , but all are same IMO, so in the end they all would have made me sad.

how can you expect your daughter ( who is an impression of yourself ) to be good, if you kill people, thats why if you have been evil in the whole game, your daughter in the end will say things in evil way ( or the way you were in the whole game ). all else is the same.

Disappointing was that she sucked us in to her.

I dont call this multiple ending ! this in not 1995!

PC
[strike]Shank - co-op campaign[/strike]
[strike]NFS: Hot Pursuit - Racer campaign, Cop campaign[/strike]
[strike]Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions[/strike]
[strike]James Bond 007: Blood Stone[/strike]
[strike]Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - co-op campaign[/strike]
Deathspank
[strike]Red Faction: Guerilla[/strike]
[strike]Red Faction: Guerilla DLC[/strike]
[strike]Dead Space 2[/strike]

X360:
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Reach
Gears of War 2
Alan Wake

PS3
[strike]Castlevania: Lords of Shadows[/strike]
[strike]Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood[/strike]
[strike]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2[/strike]
[strike]Vanquish[/strike]
[strike]Red Dead Redemption[/strike]
[strike]SAW: The Video Game[/strike]
[strike]Mini Ninjas[/strike]
[strike]Dead Space: Extraction[/strike]
SAW II: Flesh & Blood
Red Dead Redemption DLC - Undead Nightmare - W.I.P.
[strike]Little Big Planet[/strike]
Little Big Planet 2
Demon's Souls
[strike]Siren: Blood Curse[/strike]
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2 - faithfully serving as the mandatory disc inside the BR drive for the PS3. Mostly will ditch it for the PC version later.

List appended wOOt! :eek:hyeah:

Back