Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Also started replaying Doom Eternal just when i feel like. i played this in 10 year old 1080p 60 dell ips and now at 4k HDR oled. It used to look okayish earlier and now its pretty with nice HDR
wow. Doom HDR is very good. Maybe first game i have played with this kind of difference. And that too using mostly default settings so maybe can be improved.

Overall i feel this game surpasses 1st one.
I bounced hard off the first one. Somehow no star wars games even approaches 2000 ones for me ( Outcast/Academy/KOTORS/Republic commando)
Maybe will try again in future.

Lots of complaints of stutters in Survivors and that EA abandoned it. How did it run for you ?

Am looking for recommendations on Star Wars series. There are several of them and I have no idea which one to pick.

Last time I played Star Wars was back in 2006-7. IIRC, it was Revenge of the Sith.

Am looking for recommendations on Star Wars series. There are several of them and I have no idea which one to pick.

Last time I played Star Wars was back in 2006-7. IIRC, it was Revenge of the Sith.
Jedi Outcast/Academy/KOTOR 1 + 2/Republic commando are all superb games. But cant say if they have aged well since i haven't played them for a long time. They were released even before 2006. Probably using source ports if available could help.
Fallen order is pretty popular, so could try it. I did not like it but maybe will give it another try in future. Had also bounced off Witcher 2 in this way and in next try i really loved it.

Jedi Outcast/Academy/KOTOR 1 + 2/Republic commando are all superb games. But cant say if they have aged well since i haven't played them for a long time. They were released even before 2006. Probably using source ports if available could help.
Fallen order is pretty popular, so could try it. I did not like it but maybe will give it another try in future. Had also bounced off Witcher 2 in this way and in next try i really loved it.

Thanks! added them to my steam wishlist. Any particular order or it does not matter as stories are different?

Thanks! added them to my steam wishlist. Any particular order or it does not matter as stories are different?
Again - these are 20 year old games and may not hold up today. Maybe check reviews for that.
I don't remember if the stories are linked but anyway earlier games i think are better anyway so start with first one for both and get 2nd one if you liked the first one. They are usually cheap on sale.

1) Jedi knight games are 3rd person lightsabre games with great level design among other things. Outcast first and if you like it then Academy.
2) KOTOR 1, 2 - bioware rpgs. Like mass effect before mass effect. Not related to jedi knight.
3) Republic commando is not related to any other game. I think it was squad based fps.

These were great games when i played them. I really really loved Jedi knight/KOTOR back then and since then no star wars game has ever come even close for me.
Fallen order was disappointing for me maybe because it had good reviews and i had memory of those games as reference.
Will try to play it as its own game and hopefully ill like it eventually.

There are other star wars games in between but most of them i did not play. There is ofc the mmo too - Star Wars: The Old Republic - which is sort of like KOTOR maybe. I have not played it because its an mmo but i probably should. I have heard that it has good writing i think. Can look at this if you like KOTORs. Epic also gave away some of recent star wars games.

Last edited:
Completed Spec Ops: The Line (PC).

Fun game with some adrenaline pumping, great action levels! The Rooftops with the intense shootout at the Radio Tower was my absolute favorite level in the game. The story however gets weird and twisted towards the end... couldn't make a whole lot of sense of it.

The story however gets weird and twisted towards the end... couldn't make a whole lot of sense of it.
I did not get it either, missed the clues. Look it up, its a bit of a psych thing because of something he(you) did. For those who got that and reacted to it, the game would get better than just a war shooter.
Something similar to mafia 2 end stuff i guess, which got me and that made the ending just perfect.

Big fan of Devil May Cry series (also its Anime) and after playing 3rd and 4th but not finishing them back when It was launched (on PS and xbox) I decided to start from the first installation.
1.Devil May Cry
2.Devil May Cry 2
3. Devil May Cry 3
4. Devil May Cry 4
5. DmC: Devil May Cry (The reboot)

6. Devil May Cry 5

Finally onto the last and final installation and the graphics are amazing. Once its completed I will be able to say I have played and finished all of them.
p.s Do you know DMC anime is getting a reboot by Netflix? HYPE!

Started Infamous 2 on PC (RPCS3).

Followed the settings mentioned on the Wiki page for Infamous 2 on RPCS3 and it's running well. Getting a stable 30-40FPS without any glitches so far.

Back