YouTube Vanced discontinued after a legal threat from Google

I don't feel too bad anymore considering it happened right after the Vanced team tried profiting off of NFTs and scam drops, that just makes Google look less pathetic imo
They let it exist until it started having actual monetary incentive

In mobile, I kind of settled with duckduckgo browser after the downfall of safari.
Was a big Duckduckgo user until their recent censorship blunder. Ditched their browser and search engine.
Now I used bromite and brave on Android with brave search as the search engine.

I also don't mind that brave is a for profit company. Not for profit does not automatically mean that the company has good values.

Was a big Duckduckgo user until their recent censorship blunder. Ditched their browser and search engine.
Now I used bromite and brave on Android with brave search as the search engine.

I also don't mind that brave is a for profit company. Not for profit does not automatically mean that the company has good values.
Only thing is that Brave is quite shady as a company.

Being a foundation, Mozilla is much more transparent and their general initiatives are aimed at public good, although they can be behind the curve and bad at commercializing things. On the other hand, Brave has to focus on profits and a lot of it comes from doing something and marketing something else.

Youtube premium is dirt cheap and I don't think anyone uses Vanced primarily for ad blocking. Vanced had other features like sponsor skip, brightness and volume adjustment like old MX player, old resolution settings and a lot more. I think there is too much focus on totally redundant things like ad blocking for Youtube. But very few are talking about the real problem. Is there a way to stop seeing videos from particular channels or allowing sponsors from some channels while blocking others? I would like to completely switch off non sense channels like beer biceps, fit tuber and almost every health channel under the sun but there is no such option. The amount of misinformation and wastage of time these channels do is beyond the inconvenience caused by ads.
Lastly, do remember that youtube is right now not after your money. It is after your time so, spend wisely. Watch less, learn more and choose your videos/channels wisely.

I would like to completely switch off non sense channels like beer biceps, fit tuber and almost every health channel under the sun but there is no such option.

There's a "Don't Recommend Channel" button in the hamburger menu of any video that shows up in your feed.

There's a "Don't Recommend Channel" button in the hamburger menu of any video that shows up in your feed.
I use that. Does it always work? I think it is like ad recomendations and it is not perfect. It is not like block. I wish there is a better automated way like sponsor block.

Only thing is that Brave is quite shady as a company.

Being a foundation, Mozilla is much more transparent and their general initiatives are aimed at public good, although they can be behind the curve and bad at commercializing things. On the other hand, Brave has to focus on profits and a lot of it comes from doing something and marketing something else.
Have a look. It was found hyperlinked on the same website that you linked.
Edit: Here's a snippet for those lazy
Screenshot_20220315-205159.png

Have a look. It was found hyperlinked on the same website that you linked.
Edit: Here's a snippet for those lazy
Every privacy blog provides a doom and gloom scenario for every browser. The section on Firefox is all over the place, since it refers to versions from even 7-8 years. Guess that site is more of a problem list rather than providing a fair assessment of anything.

For amusement, you can also read a comparison on Mozilla's site which is surprisingly not that stilted.

You can continue using what you "feel" is better but the point remains that Brave provides a "less data leak" facade on the outside because they are trying to capture all the data internally through all their integrations and monetize that data. The fact that they promote open source and keep clamping down on all forks that try to remove their integrations speaks volumes of their intentions.

No, Mozilla is not Devil Incarnate because then you don't have any idea what the big tech companies are up to. I believe Mozilla is just incompetent compared to Brave, which is smart at fooling people in the name of privacy. As a foundation, Mozilla is still doing a lot for the web as a whole and honestly I feel it needs to provide a real alternative to Chromium.

BTW people around are so much stressed and panicked with this news as if someone has stole their kidneys or organs without their knowledge...
If you remember, even Magisk was going t die and so rooting etc.

Every privacy blog provides a doom and gloom scenario for every browser. The section on Firefox is all over the place, since it refers to versions from even 7-8 years. Guess that site is more of a problem list rather than providing a fair assessment of anything.

For amusement, you can also read a comparison on Mozilla's site which is surprisingly not that stilted.

You can continue using what you "feel" is better but the point remains that Brave provides a "less data leak" facade on the outside because they are trying to capture all the data internally through all their integrations and monetize that data. The fact that they promote open source and keep clamping down on all forks that try to remove their integrations speaks volumes of their intentions.

No, Mozilla is not Devil Incarnate because then you don't have any idea what the big tech companies are up to. I believe Mozilla is just incompetent compared to Brave, which is smart at fooling people in the name of privacy. As a foundation, Mozilla is still doing a lot for the web as a whole and honestly I feel it needs to provide a real alternative to Chromium.
Man I couldn't care less about brave or their "less data leak" facade. All I'm saying is I just don't trust mozilla and their "we are the virtuous ones" bs any more than brave and their "less data leak" facade. Besides, firefox out of the box isn't any more privacy friendly so idk what you are arguing about. Anyway, on desktop i have multiple browsers and use Ungoogled Chromium for most of my browsing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use chrome because I want websites to actually work as intended.

.. and sadistic developers just use what you already use ..
developers are not sadistic, they are just not stupid to dedicate their time to a losing cause.

I've seen it all, chrome, firefox and brave.

chrome is the winner and will use the monopoly to its advantage, by creating new standards that other pleb browsers must follow.

firefox is done, its more concerned with fixing social causes instead of fixing its damn browser. so my controversial take is to let it die so a real alternative can emerge

firefox forks are a joke as no one is capable of maintaining them and developing it further on their own, no sane skilled developer is going waste time on this mess

brave is crypto crap browser its main goal is not to make the best browser, its a for-profit company and its goal is to shill you its crypto.

A real alternative needs to emerge only then will anyone switch to it. its sad that 15 years ago chrome didn't even exist and they wiped the floor with firefox and internet explorer within few years

I used to use Firefox long back then shifted to Chrome but tired of its non sensical support so shifted to MS Edge browser but this does not have any extensions which are free like in Firefox & Chrome. I keep on searching but to no avail. I like firefoxes tabbed colors but edge does not have it nor it has any support to many features I even saw in Chrome. But I find Firefox is best because I used to its extentions to create apple tabs like look or transparent look.
Now MS is even trying to bring ads to its browser and make it pay or not pay according to its policy.

I forgot one other thing about Chrome it used to crash frequently that's why nowadays I update my browser to the latest version always.
I got tired of it and shifted to MS Edge finally.

Last edited:
MS Edge browser but this does not have any extensions which are free like in Firefox & Chrome
I remember pre-chromium Edge too lol it was barely usable, now it's just Chrome without the overdone Google bs and instead replaced with Microsoft's own garbage. Once you set it up properly its a solid Chrome replacement with better memory management and some convenient integrated services like ms rewards if you use them, otherwise you can just toggle them off.

I remember pre-chromium Edge too lol it was barely usable, now it's just Chrome without the overdone Google bs and instead replaced with Microsoft's own garbage. Once you set it up properly its a solid Chrome replacement with better memory management and some convenient integrated services like ms rewards if you use them, otherwise you can just toggle them off.
Maybe
It's like if a new browser comes into existence it's a better copy of all or any one of the already existing browsers. That's all.

Firefox is still the best browser,

In starting days itself when chrome was just launched, reviews had predicted chrome will be on top.

What i observe now a days is google apps such as maps/ gmail/ drive dont work as expected vs google chrome.

Back